New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the 10th doctor so freaking bad but ill have to wait for a mass release figure later.

Please lord let them rerelease this guy later.

I want the 10th doctor so freaking bad but ill have to wait for a mass release figure later.

Please lord let them rerelease this guy later.

I shouldn't worry, given that he's selling reasonably well, but it will be a different version - not sure if that means bare bones version, blue suit or new sculpt but it will (apparently) be different.

I shouldn't worry, given that he's selling reasonably well, but it will be a different version - not sure if that means bare bones version, blue suit or new sculpt but it will (apparently) be different.

THIS is the version to get. Ten in trademark trenchcoat with 3D glasses and squirt gun.

If it ends up being a bare bones version, I can see people making some serious money with the accessories. There's a lot of accessories that were famous moments in the episodes and I can see things like the 3D glasses go for some serious cash. Just look at the coat of the Tonner doll, that's a great example. You could get it in a set with 10 for a fairly okay price, but a lot just got 10, and now the coat is as expensive as the actual doll.

My advice is, if you can, get it. You might regret missing out on key accessories later on and it's definitely worth the money.

I'm with the previous comments. This is bound to become the definitive 10th Doctor figure. Don't wait 12 months to save maybe 15 - 20 quid, get in there and secure this 1/6 dude.

Yeah this is the hand numbered 50th anniversary edition. It's not ever going to be better than this so I'd scoop him up.

Whether this is the definitive 10 or not, it will be the one you can never get again.

Yup. My use of the wird definitive is due to it being the first, hand signed, and the 50th Anniversary edition. That's not going to come around again, and this will be THE 50th Anniversary figure ( unless the 4th comes out.. Then that WILL be THE 50th Anniversary figure).

This figure is the figure that's the 10th Doctor across all his seasons, I feel any other ones might be more season specific. This is the version to own.

Seems we all agree on this being, basically, the one to own. So, if you want it, get in quick, as it is selling fast.

Oh man. I bit the bullet and just placed my preorder. About 15 minutes ago I finished Tennant's last episode. Cried a bit more than I'd like to admit. Eleven is still my Doctor, but Ten was wonderful.

Now to move one step backward to the Ninth Doctor. And then, maybe earlier...? We'll see. I probably should have watched everything in order, but it's kind of fun going backward.

So, another one bites the dust. These 10s will be gone by the end of the day.
As for watching Who. I'm going to watch every episode of Who ever, over the course of this Anniversary year. I'm watching deliberately randomly and enjoying them that way. Watched 52 out of the 230 stories since Jan 1st.

Yup. My use of the wird definitive is due to it being the first, hand signed, and the 50th Anniversary edition. That's not going to come around again, and this will be THE 50th Anniversary figure ( unless the 4th comes out.. Then that WILL be THE 50th Anniversary figure).

As much as I want Tom next, It would have been brilliant to get the 1st Doctor for the 50th anniversary.

I would go along with that, but I really dont think it will ever sell in the quantities that a 10 or a 4 would. The trick is to get these collections started. Once you have 3 or 4 Doctors.. you're hooked!!

I would go along with that, but I really dont think it will ever sell in the quantities that a 10 or a 4 would. The trick is to get these collections started. Once you have 3 or 4 Doctors.. you're hooked!!

That's so true. If they made everything I would only really want Doctors 1-4, and 9-11. But if I hd those and they then produced 5-8... I would be tempted just to have all of them. Never underestimate the power of completism!

So, another one bites the dust. These 10s will be gone by the end of the day.
As for watching Who. I'm going to watch every episode of Who ever, over the course of this Anniversary year. I'm watching deliberately randomly and enjoying them that way. Watched 52 out of the 230 stories since Jan 1st.

I'm waiting for the dvd line to get all the releasable titles out before I do a big watch through like that.

Instead I'm currently working my way through the main Big Finish Doctor Who audio range for the very first time. There's peaks and valleys, but I'm quite enjoying it so far.

With a bit of luck, my dvd copies of Reign of Terror and the Legacy set containing Shada and More Than 30 Years in the TARDIS should be here in the next few days too.

I got Shada last week. I wasn't very happy, as it's just a DVD upgrade of the original VHS release . There is the animated version as a dvd rom extra, but I already had that.
My RoT will arrive next Friday.
And the final countdown for 11..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back