New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having THUNDERBIRDS deja vu!

rock.gif

The funny thing is, I have my Thunderbirds collectibles on the same shelf as my Doctor Who collection. :lol

I have no Thunderbirds collectibles. I left them all with a girlfriend in England. Then, never went back. There was a considerable collection there to be honest. But, easy come, easy go.

I have no Thunderbirds collectibles. I left them all with a girlfriend in England. Then, never went back. There was a considerable collection there to be honest. But, easy come, easy go.

Oh, they were yours? Thanks mate!

You should have had her ship them. Well, maybe she would have sent them to you in pieces. :monkey1

Now that 11 is on the verge of selling out and 10 is selling well is it too early to start making wish lists...?

I'm quite glad they're not rushing into a Tom Baker pre-order - you want them to take their time and not over-stretch themselves. But it's been a while since we had some crazy wish lists...

I'd love a dalek and a K-9 - ideally I'd like a talking K-9 that played little records inside him like the old Palitoy version! It's high time we had some daleks from BC.

Beyond that things are more problematic, but NuWho seems to be popular on the boards at the moment. I'd like a Jacobi/ Simm regeneration Master in that cool waistcoat and necktie.

I also reckon a River Song would sell - but not the Series 5 onwards River Song, but a Silence in the Library River Song. The CO figure of this currently goes for really big money and a spacesuit River would be cool; also, they could do a 'Vashta Nerada' expension pack.

And of course I hope they do an Eccles figure before too long.

I don't see the companions selling very well. Amy is probably to test the waters. Not surprising though even the signature edition hasn't sold out. As expensive as these are I think most people will be sticking primarily to collecting The Doctor. I'd probably pick up a few adversaries like a Weeping Angel, Dalek, Davros, classic Cybermen, and either Delgado or Ainley Master but that's pretty much all. I have no interest in picking up any of the companions. Too much shelf clutter at this scale. I'll stick with the Doc.

You should have had her ship them. Well, maybe she would have sent them to you in pieces. :monkey1

Nah. A couple of months after I arrived here (on an original two year gig) I found a lot of my stuff on ebay... she made a fortune :rotfl

The spirit of free enterprise!!!

Nah. A couple of months after I arrived here (on an original two year gig) I found a lot of my stuff on ebay... she made a fortune :rotfl

You're taking it very well, very zen, going East must be good for the soul!

Oooo Wish Lists.
Sometimes you want to go crazy, but, being realistic: (Doctors not withstanding)

The Master (One base figure - two head sculpts - Delgado / Ainley)
DALEK
Cyberman (with Cybermat)

That'll do for year 1 !!!

Good attitude you have there pal.

Im a nice guy. hahahahaha!!!

Anyway.

I thought Id try this.

11th Doctor - Date announced: 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
11th Doctor - Date sold out: TBD (very close)

Its been 1 year, 7 months and 6 days.... since we heard about this amazing figure.

I don't see the companions selling very well. Amy is probably to test the waters. Not surprising though even the signature edition hasn't sold out. As expensive as these are I think most people will be sticking primarily to collecting The Doctor. I'd probably pick up a few adversaries like a Weeping Angel, Dalek, Davros, classic Cybermen, and either Delgado or Ainley Master but that's pretty much all. I have no interest in picking up any of the companions. Too much shelf clutter at this scale. I'll stick with the Doc.

I feel the only way the companions would sell well is if they pack them with a LOT of really cool accessories. I love Sarah Jane but I wouldn't spend $200 on her. However, If it was Sarah Jane with K-9, The Hand of Fear, etc...
Maybe an alternate outfit for the relevant Doctor. They could try the build-a-figure thing, though, I can't see people getting excited about waiting 3 or 4 years to build a Giant Robot. Maybe a build-a-TARDIS...

Im a nice guy. hahahahaha!!!

Anyway.

I thought Id try this.

11th Doctor - Date announced: 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
11th Doctor - Date sold out: TBD (very close)

Its been 1 year, 7 months and 6 days.... since we heard about this amazing figure.
It was worth every penny.

Wish lists are fun, but realistically I can only see the Doctors and daleks selling, and even then I think it would be Doctors 1-3 and 9 and then variants of 4.

I think they'd even struggle with Cybermen, given that you can't reuse parts like you can with Daleks, although if they made them as outfits - with zip up suits - that might work.

talking of villains, can greggo or anyone in the know tell us if we're still likely to see the weeping angels that we saw last year? Although I was sceptical at the time, now that I've got my CO 12" out ready for 10, and with all the excitement about 10, my interest in these pieces has been renewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back