New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the mind that I'll either get the Sig edition or not at all. I don;t want to pay a dollar to pound premium just to get something that will be rereleased later through a US distributor.

It will not be a release of the same figure at all, it will be different :)

It will be a completely different release though and not this one. Possibly a new expression and suit. It just depends whether you like this version enough.

Yeah, as the others said, this will be their only Tennant figure in 2013 and they seem to be hinting another would be a variant. It's a shame. People who were patient in the US saved a cool $100 on 11 by waiting until Us distributors had it..... :(

Oh also you will all see many pictures on the preorder day :)

Not really sure if I'm a fan of that. I don't like the idea of having only a few hours to look at pictures before ordering.

Hope they don't do what some other companies do, put pics up as pre-order goes up. Then you have to hurry to order and don't even have the time to look at the product.

I personally prefer to look a few days before at the product so I can study it's look and have a think over it if I really do want it, as money's tight these days and I don't want to spend money on something I might end up not fully liking.

It will not be a release of the same figure at all, it will be different :)

I'm sure it will be different, but its all relative to whether its more or less "the same figure".

Being a brown pinstripe suit or a blue pinstripe suit isn't as dramatic a difference as say Luke from A New Hope vs Empire Strikes Back.

My biggest concern would be whether the next edition has the coat or not.

I could see the different one being a barebones figure with a different sculpt. No coat, no 3D glasses, only one pocket watch, no water pistol (that was a thing, right? I remember seeing it..), only one screwdriver, ..

I could see the different one being a barebones figure with a different sculpt. No coat, no 3D glasses, only one pocket watch, no water pistol (that was a thing, right? I remember seeing it..), only one screwdriver, ..

Or:

Doctor%20Who%20The%20End%20of%20Time%20Pt%201.jpg

Not really sure if I'm a fan of that. I don't like the idea of having only a few hours to look at pictures before ordering.

Hope they don't do what some other companies do, put pics up as pre-order goes up. Then you have to hurry to order and don't even have the time to look at the product.

I personally prefer to look a few days before at the product so I can study it's look and have a think over it if I really do want it, as money's tight these days and I don't want to spend money on something I might end up not fully liking.

:goodpost::exactly:

I really don't like it myself, and the few pics they have given us aren't very flattering at all.

If I remember correctly they done this for 11, releasing the full set of pics a fair bit before the po day! ..think I might skip this one and wait for the blue suit which will hopefully have a smiling sculpt, got too much on my plate already figure wise.

In reviewing the thread it looks like it took about 3 months to sell out of the 200 pieces of the 11 Sig. I can't find an exact date that it sold out, but it went up on 11/17, and still wasn't sold out by Feb, as there was debate about what the lack of sell out did or didn't mean for the line.

At $200+, we're not looking at a sellout in minutes. I suggest a chill pill is in order for those worried.

In reviewing the thread it looks like it took about 3 months to sell out of the 200 pieces of the 11 Sig. I can't find an exact date that it sold out, but it went up on 11/17, and still wasn't sold out by Feb, as there was debate about what the lack of sell out did or didn't mean for the line.

At $200+, we're not looking at a sellout in minutes. I suggest a chill pill is in order for those worried.

Well, this IS Tennant. People still ***** and moan about him leaving, so you never know. :lol

I'm not freaking out or anything, and you might be right. There are a few things that have changed since 11, though. I know people often assume just because they knew about something that the whole world does, but there are still people just finding out about the 5'' line of Who figures from Character Options.

A lot is different than when Smith was announced and pre-orders were taken:

1) A lot of non-UK fans waited for the 11 figure—myself included—to arrive in the US. So ordering either edition straight from BCS wasn't even a thought in our heads.

2.) There was no off-the-production line sample for people to see so not everyone was keen to pre-order something that might not turn out well. There's a difference now, as plenty of people have seen the results and can judge whether they are happy or not. From what I've seen, the vast majority of people were pleased.

3.) Having a physical figure in shops and advertised on the net helps sell people on a figure a lot. The fact is, more people know about these figures now than before.

Now, there are plenty of people who still have 11 in stock. But they also made about double the amount of 10 they are going to make initially. I don't think people should freak out, but I wouldn't exactly dawdle either.

Actually, I take that back. I think all of you should just dawdle. Wait a day or two. Heck, wait a week to order. I don't want to have to deal with a bogged down site. :lol

I could see the proposed second Ten release being one of two things:

One) Better. After all, revisits of characters are often, perhaps even usually, superior to the original release, after they work out some of the kinks on the original release, and can put more focus into refining everything, rather than starting completely from scratch.

Two) Non existent. After all, they may have intentions to bring out a Tennant variant now, but who knows what the future will actually bring, for the company, the marketplace, or the line. If they didn't find a lot of retail support for example, and this line became largely viable only as an online exclusive one, they may decide that another Tennant was unwarranted given the size of their regular niche customer base.

You rolls your dice and you takes your chances.

Me, I'll be ordering, even if I'm not sitting in the 100% convinced camp in regards to certain aspects of the figure right at this particular moment.

Last edited:
you should also keep in mind that there is more publicity now, BC's pic was up on the doctor who facebook page for instance.

It does hurt me that the US 11 later was a lot cheaper. But 10 is totally "my doctor". I'm not going to take a risk on waiting. :(

How do you think? Because they spent all their funds on re-developing her body?

Pretty much. By the sounds of things they had to pull off some miracles to make sure they had the funds to keep going. This figure isn't listed in Diamond so they'll save some money and by making it limited, it helps with the exposure they've lost not going through Diamond and helps expedite sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back