New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BC just posted:

Just to let you all know that the 50th Anniversary Editions will all be numbered. These are genuinely limited production runs for this particular version of the character and will not be re-released again.
Thanks BCS

Cool. I like numbered editions. :D

I can't find the post on fb now, but did I see it right that over 3000 people have signed up for PO? Geebus. Good luck to everyone wanting one, it'd be a real bummer to miss out.

Good luck to everyone wanting one, it'd be a real bummer to miss out.

Same here. I hope those who really want one and having been waiting (and saving) for this get their 10 and aren't shut out by problems that might ensue by such a high number of people potentially flooding the BC site. I can't help by think that a large chunk of that 3,700+ are those who just have a Pavlov dog's response to the words David Tennant and 10th Doctor. Good luck!

I don't think all of them will buy him.If you read the comments most of them said thet the price is too high for them.There's that i supposse.

BC just posted:

Cool. I like numbered editions. :D

I hate numbered editions, what's the point in excluding people? Unless of course this is a sales tool (which it is in some respect). Give a 48 hour window or something and then cut it off but why on earth would a company give money to the secondary market?

Another consideration is that this is a Doctor as popular, if not more popular that Matt Smith, of which they sold (according to someone here) 1500 unsigned and all the signed. But they're only making 1250 of this one in total. That makes no sense to me.

Obviously, they know what they're doing and who am I, etc etc. But as a fan I like limited stuff to have a reasonable window of opportunity, then let it be gone forever, not make owning it dependent on the speed of your internet connection or having to be somewhere at a particular time, which I simply can't be.

I like your thinking Cap, if almost 4,000 people really want this figure, it would surely help BCS financially to sell a greater amount of figures, and it would still be a limited edition, oh well less than 30 hours to go, hope the site doesn't crash when they go live, like it did the last time.

If I get up before 5am, only to miss out on getting one, I don't imagine I'll be very happy either.

Even worse (for me) is I'm having stability issues with my isp at the moment too.

Hopefully the Gods of Expensive Luxury Items and First World Problems will be smiling upon us all... :lol

If I get up before 5am, only to miss out on getting one, I don't imagine I'll be very happy either.

Even worse (for me) is I'm having stability issues with my isp at the moment too.

Hopefully the Gods of Expensive Luxury Items and First World Problems will be smiling upon us all... :lol

Great post, and a great reminder that there are far worse things in life than missing out on an action figure pre-order.

So not getting my order in isn't going to kill me. On the other hand, BC, who have been so flexible and so cool about most things, might want to rethink the numbered edition thing... how about making it a window in which to order, much like Mattel did with the Castle Greyskull set, then numbering it - and everyone getting a number in the order in which they ordered? Those who appreciate such things can melt their laptop and get a figure with a high number. Those who don't will have a few days in which to buy a very cool and much desired figure. BC gets to sell more than a 1000 figures and have the great sales tool of a countdown to orders closing.

Win, win, win, win, win.

Yes, a few people who like limited editions will object, but I'm sure they'll be in the minority. How about it, BC?

If the preorder happens the same way as last time then even those that didn't sign up for it will find the link readily available with a google search.

Great post, and a great reminder that there are far worse things in life than missing out on an action figure pre-order.

So not getting my order in isn't going to kill me. On the other hand, BC, who have been so flexible and so cool about most things, might want to rethink the numbered edition thing... how about making it a window in which to order, much like Mattel did with the Castle Greyskull set, then numbering it - and everyone getting a number in the order in which they ordered? Those who appreciate such things can melt their laptop and get a figure with a high number. Those who don't will have a few days in which to buy a very cool and much desired figure. BC gets to sell more than a 1000 figures and have the great sales tool of a countdown to orders closing.

Win, win, win, win, win.

Yes, a few people who like limited editions will object, but I'm sure they'll be in the minority. How about it, BC?

I like that idea. Sideshow did it with what they called the "inclusive" editions. Unfortunately it didn't last but 2 or 3 releases (Jabba and Darth Maul). Not sure why exactly.

Especially with a deposit I don't see the harm in "selling to order".

My guess is they want to create a bit of "craze".

I'm pretty much pissing my pants. I agree, they need to produce more to meet the demand. They raised it by 250 copies? If it's that easy to raise the edition number, might aswell make sure everyone gets one and doesn't have to fight for it, or have it depend on your internet speed. Or even location, a US member might take longer to connect than a local, which isn't entirely fair. If it was limited to 10, sure, but this isn't THAT rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back