New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

LOL, me too. Are there any other venues to check?

My 11th Doctor showed up on Friday and I’ve been enjoying him all weekend. This is my first 1/6 figure aside from a recently purchased CO Cyberleader, so expectations were high. I wasn’t disappointed. Some of the complaints other people had didn’t bother me at all. I like the rubbery hands since it makes it easier to put objects in his fingers in different ways, and I think the paint job on the accessories is great. For example, I was surprised that the destroyed sonic has some exposed wires painted on it. My only niggle for the whole figure, aside from the hands being hard to put back on, is that in very bright light the Doctor’s eyes look a little (and I mean a wee tiny little bit!) too red. Sort of like he’s stoned. :peace But in normal light he looks just fine. I’m definitely buying any Doctors that Big Chief puts out without hesitation.

My entire 1/6 collection: :lol

bcdoctor.jpg

CO also issued a UK only Evolution of the Daleks set with 10 in his blue suit and red shoes, plus a non-RC Dalek Thay, plus a Dalek Sec that was exactly the same as the single boxed version. I think it might have been an Argos exclusive, but I'm not sure since I got mine off eBay.

It was an Asda exclusive, believe it or not!

thought you guys would dig this. Working on this for my wife's birthday gift next week. Need to hurry and finish it up. It's almost 1/6 scale but not quite. Probably for the best as I would steal it from the birds.

Oh and a tshirt I was wearing when I was working on it. :lol

Last edited:

thought you guys would dig this. Working on this for my wife's birthday gift next week. Need to hurry and finish it up. It's almost 1/6 scale but not quite. Probably for the best as I would steal it from the birds.

Oh and a tshirt I was wearing when I was working on it. :lol

Great shirt:clap

Oh, one thing I did wonder - as Matt is quite skinny and Tom is a bit fuller, do you think they'll put some sort of stuffed body suit on him? I'm assuming at this point they aren't developing multiple bodies?

Hopefully they'll make him a little taller too. Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were both about 6'3"

Decided the pull the trigger on 11 when I get paid next week. Looking forward to starting a Dr Who collection.

Cheers man, long time lurker, new to the hobby with only a few figs but I'm finding it addictive!

Welcome, you made a good choice to add to your fledgling collection. But be cautious, this is plastic crack! You always just need 'one more' then you'll give it up... at least that's what you'll tell yourself!

I've already felt the itch that this plastic crack brings, "I can't have Keaton Bats without 89 Joker!" and "DX11 will just look silly without DX12!!"

I;m sure this will be the same with getting the 11th Dr and the 10th, which I must say looks incredible. BCS are really bringing some great stuff to the table, I fear I won't be able to resist Sherlock either!

I've already felt the itch that this plastic crack brings, "I can't have Keaton Bats without 89 Joker!" and "DX11 will just look silly without DX12!!"

I;m sure this will be the same with getting the 11th Dr and the 10th, which I must say looks incredible. BCS are really bringing some great stuff to the table, I fear I won't be able to resist Sherlock either!

Yeah, it gets you like that! A bit like a panther...you walk along and everything is OK, you're fine and it's all under control....

Suddenly it's got you by the throat and won't let go !

Done some futzing and probably going to keep him in this simple pose.

2012-09-09085948.jpg

Please excuse the off center Bowtie. :/

2012-09-09085937.jpg

Wow. What a lame signature.

It's a great signature if your name is "noB". :lecture

Wow. What a lame signature.

So...I must admit... I kept looking at Calcifer's signature line, trying to figure out what was so lame about it. LOL.

Then I realized you were talking about Matt's. Look a few weeks back and you'll see tons of back and forth about his signature and the relative merits of it. :D

Ahh wow, finally got around to posting. 11 looks great for all those that have him, I hate that I'm going through Diamond to get it, but the price point is much better for me even if they can be unreliable with some things.

10 and 4 look fantastic, definitely getting a 10, hope he has a blue suit expansion with the red converse.

So...I must admit... I kept looking at Calcifer's signature line, trying to figure out what was so lame about it. LOL.

Then I realized you were talking about Matt's.

:rotfl I thought the same thing! was thinking he must hate howls moving castle or something! :lol

Sorry. Definitely a complaint on Matt's. :lol

I mean, if that's his real signature (or the signature he uses to sign all his autos) then I guess that's ok. But without that said, I'd feel like a complete dolt for actually paying extra for that. He may as well draw an "X". Just doesn't feel like he spent any effort in it at all. Not that I expect "personalization" with such things...but this is kind of embarrassing. If I was BC and I paid someone to sign a 250 of these and it took him all of 2 minutes I'd be kind of P.O.d.

Edit: Went back and read the previous conversation on the sig. I have to side with the peeps that say this is bad form. 1st it doesn't even resemble the squiggle he typically does. This is like a squiggle of a squiggle of an autograph. As someone else said, barely more than an "X". 2nd, regardless of the amount of signing he may have to do this is a poor reflection on the "fan relations" side.

If I was a star I wouldn't even bother if that's what I did. I'd have a rubber stamp made before I stooped to mocking the fans with that joke of a sig. What next, he just line them all side by side and draw a continuous line through them all at once and call that "signing".

I don't really care for autos in general anyway, but that's pathetic.

Last edited:

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing you won't be getting the signature edition....
It is what it is.
I've been messing with the jacket recently, and having him look more like he's swinging around, and the jacket allows for this kind of dynamic posing.
Two weeks down the line, and I'm still playing with the various options for display. I like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back