New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Enough with the signature talk. Yeah, it could have been better, but it was twenty quid more not fifty quid, and isn't exactly going to lose its value. I wish I'd bought one now. My figure is destined for my kid on her birthday and she would have loved it.

I think if I wasn't the kind of **** collector who has to keep everything as it was when it comes out of the box, I'd be tempted to get some light brown cotton and put three small stitches in the other side of the jacket in the corresponding position to the buttons. I'm pretty sure that would illiminate the 'puffiness' that happens there.

Enough with the signature talk. Yeah, it could have been better, but it was twenty quid more not fifty quid, and isn't exactly going to lose its value. I wish I'd bought one now. My figure is destined for my kid on her birthday and she would have loved it.

Yeah ok. I'll run my posts by you next time. :lol

Instead of signature talk, perhaps you should have posted some tasteless and irrelevant ramblings about what you don't like about someone else's custom figures. He seems to be fine with that. :hi5:

Yes, how dare you state your own personal opinion on something that you purchased with your own hard earnt money! And on a message board in a discussion topic all about said product to boot! For shame. :thwak

Next time please make sure that all of your own opinions are actually ones that certain other parties want to hear and completely agree with first, or else don't bother at all, because that is clearly always the best way to make any message board more interesting to read and engage in. :wink1:

:lol

Originally Posted by duck of death View Post
CO also issued a UK only Evolution of the Daleks set with 10 in his blue suit and red shoes, plus a non-RC Dalek Thay, plus a Dalek Sec that was exactly the same as the single boxed version. I think it might have been an Argos exclusive, but I'm not sure since I got mine off eBay.
It was an Asda exclusive, believe it or not!

I knew it started with an A!

I think I was very lucky to get it when I saw it several years ago. The seller had it posted as an auction that ended on Christmas morning which is a great time for a buyer since no one else is online. I got it for 50 quid which didn't seem so unreasonable for something so rare and the seller will nice enough to send it unboxed so the shipping wasn't too outrageous. The best thing about it is the blue suit. It is made from a much nicer fabric than the stiff shiny stuff the brown suit is made from. However, it is not screen accurate -- the stripes are the wrong color --so if Big Chief does it, I will be very happy to get a replacement.

The Evolution of the Daleks set was difficult to get when it came out, nearly impossible a little while after, and very rare to see now. But I feel confident BCS will release an expansion pack with the blue suit, surely. I'm a bit torn how far down the rabbit hole I'm willing to go to make alternate Doctors in this scale though. I'm all pumped about getting 11 in a longer coat (the green one from now, and hopefully his new purple one later). It's such a different look. But a lot of other Doctors I could probably do with just one look. I think the 4th Doctor is the only one I'm sure I'll want two looks for (the current one and his Season 18 garb.)

The rest... I'll have to wait and see. That being said...

There is a part of me that wishes we'd get 11's first season tweed coat with a "bigger hair" head sculpt. But realistically the look we're getting in this figure is probably more of a signature by now.

The Evolution of the Daleks set was difficult to get when it came out, nearly impossible a little while after, and very rare to see now. But I feel confident BCS will release an expansion pack with the blue suit, surely. I'm a bit torn how far down the rabbit hole I'm willing to go to make alternate Doctors in this scale though. I'm all pumped about getting 11 in a longer coat (the green one from now, and hopefully his new purple one later). It's such a different look. But a lot of other Doctors I could probably do with just one look. I think the 4th Doctor is the only one I'm sure I'll want two looks for (the current one and his Season 18 garb.)

The rest... I'll have to wait and see. That being said...

There is a part of me that wishes we'd get 11's first season tweed coat with a "bigger hair" head sculpt. But realistically the look we're getting in this figure is probably more of a signature by now.

I'll get as many variations as they do for 3,4,10 and I'll also include 11 in that, just because he's first. :)

One look will be fine for the others.

Yes, how dare you state your own personal opinion on something that you purchased with your own hard earnt money!

Erm, nope. Not according to this thread anyway. But he does have the hots for Martha, and who can blame him? Certainly not me, Freema is lovely.

And besides, nobody is asking anyone to run their opinions past anybody anyway. It's as simple as. Matt Smith's regular auto is his initials.

And the problem is...? He is not the first nor will he be the last that signs an abridged or shorter version of their name. Does anyone expect him to use the signature that he uses at the bank, or on his mortgage? Obviously not.

So what are people really after? I have four autos from him, one is this Sig Edition, and three we got from him via the BBC Dr Who production office and they are all the same - two of which I have shown here...I'll show the third if anyone really needs me to. It's just how he does it. To debate this rather stale old loaf any further, after two or three pages of it previously just seems a bit redundant.

It is also going beyond talking about the relative merits/demerits of the figure. It's purely personal that you like or dislike how Matt signs. A person's totally and singularly subjective opinion on how a star's autograph looks does not actually make it a worse value package to buy.

Ok. Let's talk merits.. Lots.
Now demerits... Can't think of any.
Actually pretty much true for me. I really like this 11th Doctor dude in 1/6 scale. He can be dynamic and interesting. He has lots of cool gadgets, and braces. Huh ! Not on his teeth !!
I'm planning a Cyber escape photo as I type, but in a typical BBC budget, ie I only have two Cybermen to chase him, so I'm still planning the dynamic?

Erm, nope. Not according to this thread anyway. But he does have the hots for Martha, and who can blame him? Certainly not me, Freema is lovely.

And besides, nobody is asking anyone to run their opinions past anybody anyway. It's as simple as. Matt Smith's regular auto is his initials.

And the problem is...? He is not the first nor will he be the last that signs an abridged or shorter version of their name. Does anyone expect him to use the signature that he uses at the bank, or on his mortgage? Obviously not.

So what are people really after? I have four autos from him, one is this Sig Edition, and three we got from him via the BBC Dr Who production office and they are all the same - two of which I have shown here...I'll show the third if anyone really needs me to. It's just how he does it. To debate this rather stale old loaf any further, after two or three pages of it previously just seems a bit redundant.

It is also going beyond talking about the relative merits/demerits of the figure. It's purely personal that you like or dislike how Matt signs. A person's totally and singularly subjective opinion on how a star's autograph looks does not actually make it a worse value package to buy.

As has been established Matt Smith signs in any number of ways, for example:

mattsmithdrwho.jpg

Matt_smith_signed_photo.jpg

mattsmithdrwhotardis.jpg

matt-smith-autograph-signed-dr-who-5212-p.jpg

333px-Matt_smith_signed_promo_postcard.jpg

MattSmith.jpg

However, when a company advertises this during a pre-order:

Matt-Smith-SE-Banner.jpg

For twenty pounds extra, only to then give us this instead:

detail36-3.jpg

I think fans have every right to feel a bit gipped over the whole thing.

If they had shown us the short form sig up front as what we were getting, then you might have a point, but that isn't what happened at all. People who ordered this thought they were getting one thing, only to get something inferior instead, thanks to Matt Smith pocketing the money and then half-arsing it to get it done as quickly as possible. Remember we paid twenty pounds each for this signature, it wasn't a quickie freebie given speedily at a promotional event or done for BBC Promotions as a mailback. And that's why some folks were ever so slightly miffed, or at least disappointed and felt shortchanged, over the whole thing.

Last edited:

Again with the bloody signature.

The point is that it does not matter how he chooses to sign, the fact is that he has done it. That fact that person does not like how it looks is immaterial.

You might as well complain about how the sun always rises in the east.

It does not matter if he had 200 different versions of his signature, if they are all his.

Which reminds me....can you verify every single one of those autos you have shown as 100% authentic? Because you are reproducing them as if they are.

The ones (totalling 4) I have are from Matt or his team personally, or from BCS....and yours are from.....?

Sorry, but only a blind man thinks the 2 autos you own look "the same" as the one on the BC plate. His normal auto (the one in your pictures) is a doodle. The one on the figure plate is a doodle of a doodle. It's obviously a rush job on Matt's part. That's what I think is a shame. A rush job signature isn't the same as a signature...for some of us.

Just because you would accept a dob of ink as a signature doesn't mean everyone else has to.

If you're tired of this discussion, feel free to move the hell along.

If you don't like it, send it back.
Me, I'm cool about it. The figure is what I wanted, and the sig is just an added extra. Most definitely not worth getting all hot under the collar about .

Ive been playing...

Yes, how dare you state your own personal opinion on something that you purchased with your own hard earnt money! And on a message board in a discussion topic all about said product to boot! For shame. :thwak

Next time please make sure that all of your own opinions are actually ones that certain other parties want to hear and completely agree with first, or else don't bother at all, because that is clearly always the best way to make any message board more interesting to read and engage in. :wink1:

Yeah, sorry, anyone who wants to talk about the signature is of course entitled to go boring on about it pretty much forever. I think BC must have got the message by now, but best to make sure. Repeating the same comment ad infinitum certainly makes for compelling reading.

As for my ramblings, they might be tasteless, but they're as relevant as anything else on this board. Someone posted a photo of a custom figure that looked like dog turd. I merely commented on it, 'that's a nice dog turd you've got on your shelf' or words to that effect. I'll go with ex-parrot here, and say that's what message boards are for.

People who ordered this thought they were getting one thing, only to get something inferior instead, thanks to Matt Smith pocketing the money and then half-arsing it to get it done as quickly as possible. Remember we paid twenty pounds each for this signature, it wasn't a quickie freebie given speedily at a promotional event or done for BBC Promotions as a mailback. And that's why some folks were ever so slightly miffed, or at least disappointed and felt shortchanged, over the whole thing.

He's bothered to get into costume for a promo photo with the figure, I don't think he was exactly 'half-arsing' it. Have you thought of sending him a book on calligraphy so he can start to develop a signature that's more to your liking?

Doctor Who fans can be great, but sometimes... I once read an interview with the owner of Product Enterprises where he said that a fan had written him a letter telling him he'd ruined his life because he hadn't manufactured the Fourth Doctor 12" figure that he had previously announced.

Honestly, people whose main form of nutrition is breastmilk shouldn't have credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back