New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

On a more positive note I'm definitely looking forward to Ten and Four reveals anyhow, and just for comparison purposes, here's a Tom Baker promo pic that shows off his scarf and so on from the era that Big Chief seem to be going after:

tom-baker.jpg

Also, if any Doctor needs accessory packs, it's Tom Baker. Personally I always quite liked his tweed look, so hope we get that at some point. Though this is probably his most iconic/well remembered/best liked look, so I have no complaints that this is the one they chose for Baker's figure.

Last edited:
Hey guys just discovered the Dr. Now I can't wait for these figures. Can you guys give me the low down on these.

Who's been announced
How much
Where to get

Sorry don't have time to go back through thread.

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys just discovered the Dr. Now I can't wait for these figures. Can you guys give me the low down on these.

Who's been announced
How much
Where to get

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a butler? :cuckoo:

To find the site and where to get them, it takes one tiny little click on the "« First" button. All you need is there.

Who's been announced
How much
Where to get

Thanks for any help.

www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

11th and Amy have specs while 4th and 10th are now being teased.

Got mine this morning. Number 69.
This figure is beyond my expectations. Seriously cool figure.

I so wanted to say something, but declined, like .. Hey, my favorite number.:yess:

I think these would work really well. I have the bubble bath DALEK next to my 10" 11th Doctor, and looks pretty cool, and clean !

No, that's not what I wanted. I wanted a signature of the actor who played the Doctor. That is what was shown to us, that is what we were told we'd be getting, with a photo of exactly that to back it up and sell us on the idea, and that is what we paid 20 pounds extra for. And I don't think being disappointed in what we got instead is being overly critical. This wasn't a gift, after all, we paid a significant extra chunk of change for a signature.

If I had known ahead of time, before the order process began, that it was an initialing then I wouldn't have purchased the signature edition, because such things can't be classified as verifiable signatures, and as such, are pretty much meaningless, no matter how many bits of paper they come with.

Also Matt Smith would have been paid quite well for the couple of hours that it would have taken to give us exactly that. Instead I can't imagine it took him very long at all to just initial the whole batch, yet I bet he still pocketed exactly the same paycheck even while half-arsing it.

A scribbled initialing that could have been done by anyone just isn't much in the way of 'value adding' to me. It's certainly not worth paying more the figure by buying direct, and then paying another twenty pounds on top of that.

Like I said, I'm still glad to own the figure, and to support future releases, but I think this whole sig edition has been a bit of a botch job personally. Others may well think differently.

I would wager that this is how Matt Smith signs most of the time. That first sig plate may have just been a prop used to make it clear that it was a Matt Smith Signature that was coming with the figure.

As evidence I present these three autographs attained via the BBC Dr Who production office (which has so far forwarded all our WHO mail to actors). This is how Matt signs when there is no time pressure or and he can do what he wants when he wants...

MSPIXM.png

MSPIXL.png

This is how Matt signs. I knew this before it arrived so when it came looking the same, I was not in the least bit surprised.

I would wager that this is how Matt Smith signs most of the time. That first sig plate may have just been a prop used to make it clear that it was a Matt Smith Signature that was coming with the figure.

As evidence I present these three autographs attained via the BBC Dr Who production office (which has so far forwarded all our WHO mail to actors). This is how Matt signs when there is no time pressure or and he can do what he wants when he wants...

MSPIXM.png

MSPIXL.png

This is how Matt signs. I knew this before it arrived so when it came looking the same, I was not in the least bit surprised.

I think most actors who sign a lot of autographs doing so with an indecipherable squiggle so that they can sign quickly. That's why I've never really understood autograph collecting as they almost never look like an actual signature.

I've been playing with trying Matt in various 1/6 outfits and, frankly. the boy is manorexic! In the end I stuck him in the trousers from a dollsfigure female business suit. In the photos below the black coat is a man's, the punky one is a girl's.

Ropey photos, sorry.

Matt #4 by gibbspaulus, on Flickr

Matt #7 by gibbspaulus, on Flickr

I think most actors who sign a lot of autographs doing so with an indecipherable squiggle so that they can sign quickly. That's why I've never really understood autograph collecting as they almost never look like an actual signature.

I totally get the squiggle due to personal experience.
Many years ago I was a receiving clerk and had to sometimes sign hundreds of invoices a day. I badly sprained my wrist playing football one weekend and my signature ended up as 2 squiggles. I can still do my original signature but I have to stop and concentrate to do it, otherwise my hand just wants to do the double squiggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back