New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Another of Ten:
x0w7ip.jpg

Nice! :D

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Really dying to see 10, hope the sculpt has that signature raised left eyebrow!:lol

Another of Ten:
x0w7ip.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They made the brown suit too damn blue by overemphasising the stripes, the same thing CO did with all their versions. On screen the stripes were barely visible and what you got a sense of overwhelmingly was a brown suit, which looked great - the only brown suit in history that ever looked great! These stripes, like CO's, overhwhelm the brown when the opposite is true on the real thing (and I know, I've seen the real thing in person).

No stripes would have been better.

As for the other pics they all look great but Tom's scarf doesn't look bright enough.

The green coat hangs really well, although maybe it should be a tad less puffy.

I'd guess that's just a base for the photo. BC say this will be an expansion pack, so it's part of the costume, and no figure. Me ud be fine with them following hot toys and just releasing a whole new figure. I'd easily buy multiple versions. As is tho, I'll buy addition TT bodies and build the figure as complete .. Now where can I get 1:6 bow ties :lol

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They made the brown suit too damn blue by overemphasising the stripes, the same thing CO did with all their versions. On screen the stripes were barely visible and what you got a sense of overwhelmingly was a brown suit, which looked great - the only brown suit in history that ever looked great! These stripes, like CO's, overhwhelm the brown when the opposite is true on the real thing (and I know, I've seen the real thing in person).

No stripes would have been better.

Ya I think your right, but at 1/6 I'd imagine it's difficult to replicate that, what if the changed the color of the stripes to a different shade of brown rather then the blue?

One niggle... I am no scarf expert on Tom's era, but I don't think those colors are accurate.

I don't have a problem with the stripes. The photo will naturally expand the brighter colors, creating fatter stripes. It's clear that this is just a snap, and not a fully lit shot, so even the color could be anything. Look at the controversy over the red / crimson/ orange / etc color of batmans tv car stripes :lol

Nothing there I'm afraid.

Mmmm! Won't work! I'm away for work and net is poor, guess it won't upload right. Sorry! Will try again.

558362_10151893515331002_1844202453_n.jpg

It looks like they picked my favorite Tom Baker outfit! Yes!!!!

Ok hang on - they are developing figures of Baker and Tennant? Any in progress shots of the sculpts?

It looks like they picked my favorite Tom Baker outfit! Yes!!!!
Mine too! :hi5:

As for the scarf and pinstripe suit- I'd imagine they're testing those patterns and colors out. It's probably the photo making the pinstripes look so "in your face".

He had it in front of him, touched pen to plastic, isn't that what you wanted? Lazy or not, dude had to sign what? 250?

No, that's not what I wanted. I wanted a signature of the actor who played the Doctor. That is what was shown to us, that is what we were told we'd be getting, with a photo of exactly that to back it up and sell us on the idea, and that is what we paid 20 pounds extra for. And I don't think being disappointed in what we got instead is being overly critical. This wasn't a gift, after all, we paid a significant extra chunk of change for a signature.

If I had known ahead of time, before the order process began, that it was an initialing then I wouldn't have purchased the signature edition, because such things can't be classified as verifiable signatures, and as such, are pretty much meaningless, no matter how many bits of paper they come with.

Also Matt Smith would have been paid quite well for the couple of hours that it would have taken to give us exactly that. Instead I can't imagine it took him very long at all to just initial the whole batch, yet I bet he still pocketed exactly the same paycheck even while half-arsing it.

A scribbled initialing that could have been done by anyone just isn't much in the way of 'value adding' to me. It's certainly not worth paying more the figure by buying direct, and then paying another twenty pounds on top of that.

Like I said, I'm still glad to own the figure, and to support future releases, but I think this whole sig edition has been a bit of a botch job personally. Others may well think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back