New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Here's hoping for a 5th Doctor with real celery!

How cool would it be of BigChief to release each Doctor with a piece of their costume as prop? 11th's bowtie, 10th's glasses, 9th's Psychic Paper, 8th's toetag, 7th's handkerchief, 6th's cat pin, 5th's celery, 4th's hat (okay, kill me. I don't want his scarf with it, it'd be too ____ing huge.) 3rd's cape, 2nd's flute, 1st's necklace thingy.

Don't get your hopes up too high for Sarah Jane. Apparently Lis didn't like her CO figures and put the block on any others....not suprising really as the likeness was terrible.

That's unfortunate. I hadn't heard that- but no, it's not surprising. It's rare to see a good female face sculpt in smaller scale figures. Heck, most companies aren't even that good at larger scale likenesses. So it's been no surprise to hear that Billie Piper and the late Ms. Sladen (ugh, I hate saying that) were very displeased with their mini-selves.

I hope that a 1:6 version could be made that is good enough to satisfy the family.

Can't wait to see ms Pond.

That's unfortunate. I hadn't heard that- but no, it's not surprising. It's rare to see a good female face sculpt in smaller scale figures. Heck, most companies aren't even that good at larger scale likenesses. So it's been no surprise to hear that Billie Piper and the late Ms. Sladen (ugh, I hate saying that) were very displeased with their mini-selves.

I hope that a 1:6 version could be made that is good enough to satisfy the family.

Although it would be a shame if no Classic Sarah Jane figure was made it would increase the chance of Leela being the companion that gets released alongside the surely inevitable 4th Doctor :pray:

Based on the awesomeness of the Matt Smith sculpt I would be pretty confident that a high end 1:6 scale Leela would have a considerably better likeness than CO's "Generic Sevateem Tribe Member" figure.

Our development team are busily working to complete the numerous components that make up our first figure - the Eleventh Doctor as portrayed by Matt Smith.

Whilst his costume is being finely tailored, tweaked and adjusted to create the perfect fit, our designers have been working hard on the accessories that will accompany the Doctor.

We can confirm the following accessories that are planned:

Eleventh Doctor Accessories
1x Sonic Screwdriver (Closed)
1x Sonic Screwdriver (Open)
1x Psychic Paper Wallet
1x Nano Recorder Gun
1x Lash Up device
1x Time Lord Consciousness Cube
1x The Doctor's Invitation with Envelope
1x TARDIS Door Sign Fragment
1x The Doctor's Handkerchief
1x Watch
1x TARDIS Floor Base with Stand
6x Interchangeable Hands

Stay tuned for a few sneak peek images of the highly-detailed digital models that will form the masters from which the accessories will be manufactured.

1x Psychic Paper Wallet
1x Nano Recorder Gun
1x Lash Up device
1x Watch
6x Interchangeable Hands

Wow, you guys are really loading him up with extras. :clap

Our development team are busily working to complete the numerous components that make up our first figure - the Eleventh Doctor as portrayed by Matt Smith.

Whilst his costume is being finely tailored, tweaked and adjusted to create the perfect fit, our designers have been working hard on the accessories that will accompany the Doctor.

1x Psychic Paper Wallet
1x Nano Recorder Gun
1x Lash Up device
1x Watch
6x Interchangeable Hands

Stay tuned for a few sneak peek images of the highly-detailed digital models that will form the masters from which the accessories will be manufactured.

:yess: Great accessories!! ...but what's the lash up device? ..is it that thing with the mirror he straps onto himself in "Vincent and the Doctor"?

:yess: Great accessories!! ...but what's the lash up device? ..is it that thing with the mirror he straps onto himself in "Vincent and the Doctor"?

No thats called the Visual Recognition Device :)

1x Psychic Paper Wallet
1x Nano Recorder Gun
1x Lash Up device
1x Watch
6x Interchangeable Hands

Impressive!

Any chance of a jammie dodger as well?

Now this sounds impressive! Cannot wait!

What no stetson and fez??That sucks:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back