New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

So you expect people to buy high end figures of characters they have little intrest in just to support the line? :cuckoo:

I would consider buying the 11th Doctor because he's not the reason I stopped watching Nu-Who.

Amy, Rory & River = I genuinely hope they sell in the numbers Big Chief are hoping for and that the quality is good for those that like the characters.

But I couldn't be persuaded to buy high end figures of them at gunpoint because I cannot stand any of them.

Nobody is holding a gun. I am simply making the point that if the current topical figures don't sell, then we won't be seeing many classics made. Pure, simple business logic. Sideshow and Hot Toys have both been forced to limit lines because of apparent lack of interest, the Fellowship of the Ring and Watchmen being the prime examples.

Xenophilius, thamesvalidude,

Perhaps your budgets allow for such frivolous spending.

Mine doesn't so I have to be 100% certain what I buy is something I actually want a great deal.

The only Doctors I'd definitely buy are 4, 2, 3 & 7

I'd consider buying 1, 6, & 11

I have no intrest whatsoever in 5, 8, 9 & 10

I think Tom is the safest bet for a Classic release so if all I get from the line is decent figure of him then I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Xenophilius, thamesvalidude,

Perhaps your budgets allow for such frivolous spending.

Mine doesn't so I have to be 100% certain what I buy is something I actually want a great deal.

The only Doctors I'd definitely buy are 4, 2, 3 & 7

I'd consider buying 1, 6 & 11

I have no intrest whatsoever in 5, 8, 9 & 10

Sounds like you're in for a few BCM, no one can ask for more. It's just a case of giving all the support you can.

oh and less of the :cuckoo: please. I think following the events of this week respect should be mandatory!:lecture

Sounds like you're in for a few BCM, no one can ask for more. It's just a case of giving all the support you can.

oh and less of the :cuckoo: please. I think following the events of this week respect should be mandatory!:lecture

OK, sorry if I was a bit grouchy, my patience with Doctor Who fandom isn't at it's best at the moment and I mistook you for someone who's like the overly biased CO fanboys that plague various fansites. My bad.

And for the record, I'm a recently-turned 18 year old with a crappy job. I can only buy one figure every few months now-a-days, but I gladly put necessary things aside for supporting this line.

OK, sorry if I was a bit grouchy, my patience with Doctor Who fandom isn't at it's best at the moment and I mistook you for someone who's like the overly biased CO fanboys that plague various fansites. My bad.

No worries mate!:hi5:

Now let's just hope Big Chief don't let us down!!!:pray:

To be honest I am more worried about cheap-ass Doctor Who fans letting us down than Big Chief. :lol

Make amy pond,my favourite asistant in 1/4 scale and i'll be a happy timelord!:yess:

To be honest I am more worried about cheap-ass Doctor Who fans letting us down than Big Chief. :lol

Unlike fans of other franchises Doctor Who fans are generally more used to mass market merchandise and due to the current economic climate the majority of people in the biggest part of the fanbase ( the UK ) just won't have the spare cash for anything that costs more than the CO products.

It is easy for someone in a relatively comfortable position to call people who can't/won't support the line 100% cheapskates or whatever but I've seen plenty of UK collectors say they'd be intrested in the Big Chief figures but the inevitably high pricepoint means they won't be able to.

Or like me, they have no intrest in certain eras so understandably won't spend cash on anything related to them.

...It is easy for someone in a relatively comfortable position to call people who can't/won't support the line 100% cheapskates or whatever but I've seen plenty of UK collectors say they'd be intrested in the Big Chief figures but the inevitably high pricepoint means they won't be able to.....

Most of those types of comments seem to come from the "under 18 years of age" posters so..... :monkey1

Yeah, but unlike some other 'richer' fandoms Dr Who have always had a high percentage of fans who just don't/can't spend huge amounts of money on luxury items, especially in the UK and especially now there's a recession on.

Most of those types of comments seem to come from the under 18 posters so..... :monkey1

My point is that it's easy for those with the resources to buy high end products regularly to look down upon those that can't and call them names but it just smacks of ignorance to the reality that not everyone is in that kind of financial position.

My point is that it's easy for those with the resources to buy high end products regularly to look down upon those that don't and call them names but it just smacks of ignorance to the reality that not everyone is in that kind of financial position.

That's just the way of things and some poster's unfortunately.

That's just the way of things and some poster's unfortunately.

Yeah, and it's oddly coincidental how most of the posters like that on this site & elsewhere seem to be from the USA.

I wonder why that is? :peace

For heaven's sake don't be so sensitive. Fact: DW fans are notoriously tight fisted. This has always been true. Recession or not. Another fact: There are loads of UK collectors with sizable high end collectibles.

You saying I am attacking poor UK'ers in a recession just doesn't hold water. Last I checked US has been in a bit of a recession too for quite a while. I think a few of you guys may be misplacing some personal issues on my words. :lol

I've been a Who fan since It first aired and have noticed that in the UK we don't have the same kind of history money spending for it as say the fans of Star Wars etc in the states.

It's not saying 'poor me' It's stating what goes on. Who has always attracted a much younger age group which just don't have that kind of disposable income which doesn't help.

It's not saying 'poor me' It's stating what goes on. Who attracts a much younger age group which just don't have that kind of disposable income.

Interesting. There seems to be no shortage of high end Star Wars merchandise being sold in the UK. In fact high end collectibles seem to do just find in the UK. It's just a problem within Doctor Who (which is kinda the point... isn't it?)

As I say Who was always labeled as a 'kiddies' show and so even now many still view it as such.

And as I said having a younger audience means they can't fork out huge amounts of cash for stuff. There have been a few high ends bits and pieces, much of which traders are still stuck with such as the Weta statues.

This who idea will be very interesting to watch. To see whether there will be enough interest for it to continue in todays financial climate If nothing else.

There seems to be no shortage of high end Star Wars merchandise being sold in the UK

Star Wars fans (from my observation) have always seemed to have in their ranks a higher proportion of older men with more disposable incomes able to support their 'habit' so to speak.

The good thing about 1:6 collectors (and I am hoping this will manifest in BC's DocWho line) is they don't necessarily collect what they like as they collect what looks really impressive. I have every faith that BC is putting together a line to really impress the socks off of everyone, fan or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back