New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Looks promising.....which gives me a good feeling about the quality of the characters I'll actually be intrested in buying should you do them ( HINT: the guy in my sig )

Now this looks VERY interesting. Can't wait for full reveal.

just another quick question, as i know you guys read these threads, and i'm sure if you know the answer to this question others will be interested too........do you have a distribution deal in place with any retailers yet? Or will you be self distributing from your own site?

just another quick question, as i know you guys read these threads, and i'm sure if you know the answer to this question others will be interested too........do you have a distribution deal in place with any retailers yet? Or will you be self distributing from your own site?

I believe the plan is to sell from their own website, but I'm sure some bricks 'n' mortar shops will carry them in the UK. And a US company is bound to want in. My guess would be good ol' Sideshow or Dark Horse.

WhoNA is also looking into destributing these for North America.

pretty sure they'd have more than a little interest from stores/sites like forbidden planet over here in the uk, must say i'm rather impressed with the teaser picture.....a lot better quality than i was hoping or dreamed for

This looks like the best new launch for quite a few years. It took Hot Toys and Enterbay quite a while to get to their current standards.

I want 1:6 daleks. Not the current i-pod color daleks, but the RTD era with the copper/brass finish. And 1:6 Cybermen. Those are essential. Everything else is a cherry on top.

The first Daleks IMO should be from "The Dead Planet".

They came along 42 years before the brass monstrosities so would be a very iconic way to start the lineup of Big Chief Daleks.

More use can be got from Classic Dalek molds than modern ones as well.

Last edited:

eyedetailmattsmith.jpg

Approved final head sculpt full reveal coming soon........

:hi5::medic:clap:clap:clap:clap

That look's amazing!, i just hope we see a smile on the sculpt.

The first Daleks IMO should be from "The Dead Planet".

They came along 42 years before the brass monstrosities so would be a very iconic way to start the lineup of Big Chief Daleks.

More use can be got from Classic Dalek molds than modern ones as well.

Not exactly capturing the zeitgeist though is it. Surely a Dalek that is relevant to Matts Doctor makes most sense.
I'm one of the few that liked the Benetton Daleks anyway.

This looks like the best new launch for quite a few years. It took Hot Toys and Enterbay quite a while to get to their current standards.

You forgot Blitzway... pretty impressive straight out of blocks!

Looks to be a neutral expression to me.

Looks good so far! Getting excited now. Please let the tailoring be good.

Neutral for me is good. Not lifeless, but neutral.

Neutral for me is good. Not lifeless, but neutral.

Ya, you are correct actually, but sometimes a neutral sculpt can very easily end up a lifeless one:panic:

Come on full reveal!!

It's pretty easy to read in the eyes when someone is smiling because the cheeks push up on the lower eyelid.

Sorry, it's probably a neutral face.

It's pretty easy to read in the eyes when someone is smiling because the cheeks push up on the lower eyelid.

Sorry, it's probably a neutral face.

O no i can see that, but i don't think a small smirk(preferably on the left side of his face) would change how that eye look's.

..but ya neutral does seem the most likely ..hope it's done right!:pray:

This is the expression I'd love for 11, that mischievous, all knowing, let me tell you how I'm going to beat you smirk.

matt-smith-doctor-who.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back