New Dinosauria sneak peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to collectibles, I dropped everything else except Dinosauria. The only other thing I collect are music CDs (mostly from underground extreme metal bands).

Anyways, I hope it's the Stegosaurus maquette too.

The idea behind this line is neat. Sure a nice set of collectibles for some dino hunters. :)

Unfortunately for me a lot of other stuff has priority. But these dino pieces sure show some real quality! *thumbs up*

I think I have confirmation for the Stego and Pterosaurs at SDCC...but it's hard to tell..my source is being kind of sly about it. :/

The Apato I've been told easily reaches 1 meter so it certainly sounds like we're heading for 4 feet.

Probably...though they did use the plural so I'm assuming their maybe more than one species...or maybe there is a squadron of them on one base..say 2 or 3 at least of the same species.

Pteranodon is a popular choice, though there are some other really intersting choices..can you imagine if they did Quetzalcoatlus or Ornithocheirus ? if they are priced low enough it might bring more fans to the line.

OT, I received dino figures yesterday from you..2 days to ship I think is a new record.. ;)

You mean Pteradactylus ? I don't think it would be their first choice..it isn't a really common name and most people do call them all pterodactyls..but it's a small species and not overly attractive :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterodactylus

Pteranodon makes the most sense, but Quetz, Ornithocheirus are big as well...even Tapejara or whatever they call it now would be a good choice..let's get some pics in here :

rey-crests3.jpg

pteroheads.jpg

Pterosaurs-poster.jpg

I think pterosaurs are an excellent choice for the Dinosauria line. Not to mention that dinosaurs and pterosaurs are close relatives based on phylogeny...

Anyways, it would be nice to see some marine reptile statues but I do hope that SS won't pinch in a pelycosaur or cenozoic mammals which would seem totally out of place (even though I am a big fan of those kind of animals, they simply don't fit with dinosaurs)

Last edited:
Pterosaurs sound awesome. But none of those look like what I am used to seeing. :lol Oh SDCC is gonna be exciting. Screw Star Wars, bring on Dinosauria!

Pterosaurs sound awesome. But none of those look like what I am used to seeing. :lol Oh SDCC is gonna be exciting. Screw Star Wars, bring on Dinosauria!

Damn Straight! :yess:
WOW! :hi5: So we could possibly get two dinosauria statues at the comic con this year Stegosaurus, Pteradon?

Last edited:
My source hinted at some big news...I mentioned the Stego and possible Pterosaurs and I received what I believe is confirmation .

I don't know Dan..if a Nycto can be made of plastic or resin is could easily be made of..whatever material these guys are again..lol

Early reptiles like Dimetrodon wouldn't be too bad..he's usually associated with dinosaurs despite his actual nature..I would welcome one.

I def want some prehistoric marine reptiles ( can we still call them that if they were in fact warm-blooded ? ) of varying types.

I was told one of the artist's involved really likes Ceratosaurus..I mentioned our desire for one and maybe an Allosaur maquette..he says it's only a matter of time..heh heh

I definitely hope to see some prehistoric marine life. I'm pretty sure Sideshow won't disappoint us either.

Back