New Dinosauria sneak peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like they are going to unleash another large (or huge) maquette....

newssdm1.jpg

newssdm2.jpg

newssdm3.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! This just may be the thing that puts me out of the dios because I'm loving the maquettes!

Awesome. Looks like Blanco's style to me, and I much prefer diplodocoids over macronarians. I was actually expecting to see the Stego first, though.

I'll have to ask around about the dinosaur release schedule.

I'd guessed Apatosaurus myself..it's well know and large enough..the neck is prob too thick for Diplodocus.

It looks pretty large to me..judging by that hand and the seperate neck and probable tail I would guess it will about 4 feet maybe ?

Def pricey..3-400 easy I bet.. :/

Interesting point about the hand. If we assume the prototype isn't being constructed at a larger scale than the final product, this will indeed be massive... the biggest Dinosauria yet. :thud:

newssdm4.jpg

Seems like the overall length of this maquette will be atleast twice the length of the T.rex maquette....

Well, since it's a stand alone Sauropod, it would make sense about the huge size. I just hope that it doesn't exceeds $350 or there will be no way to afford it....

Last edited:
From the pic of that guys hand putting the piece together, it looks to be a good size. Hopefully SS keeps this one in a decent price range.

Oh God, I didn't even think about the hand compared to the size. :duh That thing is going to be huge... :thud: And awesome... :yess: And I probably won't be able to get it. :monkey2

I don't think this one is necessarily next just because they are giving a sneak peek of it. I could be wrong, but I think we can still see the Stego first. Personally, I'm hoping so since it is my most wanted.

That's true. Anyone know how far in advance other video teasers have been shown before the product was released? This is the first one for Dinosauria that I can recall.

Sideshow+Dinosauria=Depleated bank account
But soooo worth it! :yess:

You would be broke !? That's quite a feat eh ? ;D

Here's the info I was able to get :

Species: Apatosaurus
Sculptor : Jorge Blanco ( right on the money Dan )
Size : 1 mts (long tail)
Release : ? Before or after the Stego is a Sideshow decesion, maybe images of both Stego and Apato at Comic Con.

Now, I'm not sure what 1 mts is ..I was having trouble thinking it's 1 meter / 3 feet because of that hand. If it is 3 feet then it's about 4 " longer than the Spino.

Back