New Dinosauria sneak peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be shooting at SDCC, so I'll have a mountain of pics of the Dino stuff, I'm sure.

A meter is about 1.1 inches, so if that info is accurate, figure it to be a bit more than 39 inches in length. That hand does make it look like it should be longer, though.

$500? Maybe. Looks like all of those Reward Points I've been hoarding are about to come in mighty handy. :rock

Yep... ;D

BTW the method I was notified of my order from you being shipped was neat..never had that before. ;)

Comic-Con International:
San Diego

Thursday-Sunday
July 22-25, 2010

That was for your Carnegies and such.. obviously I'd have a tracking number if your Sideshow statue was shipped. Last I heard from them, the Allo/Cam is just about ready to ship. :yess:

Anyway. Comic-Con is a month away. That's... too long of a wait.

I'll be shooting at SDCC, so I'll have a mountain of pics of the Dino stuff, I'm sure.

A meter is about 1.1 inches, so if that info is accurate, figure it to be a bit more than 39 inches in length. That hand does make it look like it should be longer, though.

$500? Maybe. Looks like all of those Reward Points I've been hoarding are about to come in mighty handy. :rock

The info came froma VERY reliable source, but I did ask a further question if the tail was bent and bowed or straight. Take the Carnegie Apato figure Dan sells :

ws_3004-apatosaurus.jpg

The tail done like that could make the figure 5 or 6 feet..if stretched out.

This Apatosaurus model is 1:20 and 34" x 11" :

P1000328-473x297.jpg

Lord, I'm hoping they stick to that orig price guide.. :(

That was for your Carnegies and such.. obviously I'd have a tracking number if your Sideshow statue was shipped. Last I heard from them, the Allo/Cam is just about ready to ship. :yess:

Anyway. Comic-Con is a month away. That's... too long of a wait.

Yeah I figured it was for te figures, just thought I'd mention it since we were here and I've never received an automated notice before that I can recall..just..neat. Must be a heck of time saver .. ;)

Great news on the Allo VS.. I really can't wait to get it..I hope it just blows me away.. :lol

Civilization is about being patient..put up with the annoying clerk or the guy who doesn't use a turn signal. All the the things we rely on as civilized stem from us having patience. Without it we we become needful and demanding which turns to spite and hate we don't get what we want when we desire it. This leads to aggression and violence..the beast in us. We must control the beast if only by wetting his appetite from time to time.

Looking forward to those pics... ;)

I really hope the Stego is debuted before or during SDCC. I'm going to use my reward points on it since it is hands down my most wanted collectible.

Anyone who collects Sideshow's bigger pieces, will know that something this big is gonna cost over $500.

Dyscrasia, I understand your concern, but sadly you have to pay more for bigger pieces.:(

You are a f___king trooper, collecting this stuff at greater cost than most of us have to pay.:exactly:

Thank you for the compliment~! :hi5:

Well, if only I could have gotten these pieces at their regular retail prices, $500+ wouldn't be such a problem for me. But I do hope that the final price of the Apatosaurus maquette will be similar to the Alien Queen Diorama (it's not long, but it's damn big and also due to royalties, it costs more than other similarly sized pieces)...
Anyways, I hope this line comes up with some more affordable pieces in the near future. Unfortunately the Stegosaurus maquette obviously won't be one of them.... (even though I can't wait for it)

Last edited:
Sideshow is definitely going to need to be careful to make sure we get a few smaller lower priced items in between these big guys. They can price the line out the door if they aren't careful, but if they find a good balance we might as well just sign a percentage of our paychecks over to Sideshow. :lol I know I want the allo dio, the spino, the steg, and this big fella. But I don't think I'm going to be able to swing them all.

Man, I hope it it's not 500.00...I would figure 350.00 based on the Spino's price-length and the possible length of 39" for this piece.

If it ends up at more like 4 feet or so..then easily 400.00+ ..but I could be wrong...I thought the Spino would be more like 250-255.00 and that didn't work out.

Sideshow is definitely going to need to be careful to make sure we get a few smaller lower priced items in between these big guys. They can price the line out the door if they aren't careful, but if they find a good balance we might as well just sign a percentage of our paychecks over to Sideshow. :lol I know I want the allo dio, the spino, the steg, and this big fella. But I don't think I'm going to be able to swing them all.

What gets me is last I read they were going to do some smaller and cheaper pieces...then we hear about the expensive Stego centerpiece and now this leviathan...chances are it won't be out til 2011 at least....but if both of these, Stego and Apato, land right after the Spino..not to mention any extras this year like ornaments..I'm sunk.

What gets me is last I read they were going to do some smaller and cheaper pieces...then we hear about the expensive Stego centerpiece and now this leviathan...chances are it won't be out til 2011 at least....but if both of these, Stego and Apato, land right after the Spino..not to mention any extras this year like ornaments..I'm sunk.

And it could be that these bigger pieces are a littl further off than we are anticipating and the reason for the sneak peek is to give us a heads up to start saving now. The good news is that these guys are pretty slow to sell out, I think having these bigger higher priced pieces are going to take even longer, so whatever we can't afford at the time we can likely pick up down the road. Hopefully.

I hate those choices. I fear I may be forced to choose between Ms. Marvel and the Spino come Q3.

A Ceratosaurus maquette would be pretty awesome..but I'd guess it will be approx. the same size as the Carnotaurus .

My choices are more like Dinosauria or food..guess I need to get down anyway eh ? lol ;D

Here's a bit more info on the Apato :

"Hey!,This maquette is very big and really awesome, this is the best sauropod maquette you will be able to see for years.I don't think it's coming for SDCC but instead, there will be a major Dinosauria release that will make your jaw drop to the center of earth. ;)"

Can't reveal my sources but it's def legit info...maybe this awesome release at SDCC is a certain spiked-mama.. ;D

A Ceratosaurus maquette would be pretty awesome..but I'd guess it will be approx. the same size as the Carnotaurus .

My choices are more like Dinosauria or food..guess I need to get down anyway eh ? lol ;D

Here's a bit more info on the Apato :

Can't reveal my sources but it's def legit info...maybe this awesome release at SDCC is a certain spiked-mama.. ;D

The Day My Jaw Droped to The Center Of The Earth and Stood Still. :panic:
I cant wait!

Back