New DC Collectibles action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fWdaO6K.jpg

Behind The Joker (which is awesome BTW) is that a tease to a Capullo Superman?

Ah, yeah totally see it now. If I knew we were getting a full JL from Capullo I'd buy Wondy but alone I don't like it enough to get it.

Ooooh yes, thank goooood, thanks for those pics Prince, I can totally see Superman will have gaping crotch, I'm buying 3 Supermans for sure, I feared it only had back and forth leg movement.

Ooooh yes, thank goooood, thanks for those pics Prince, I can totally see Superman will have gaping crotch, I'm buying 3 Supermans for sure, I feared it only had back and forth leg movement.

Why 3 Supermans? One to open, one to keep in the box, and... :confused:. Anyway, no love for Mr. J...comes with two heads? :monkey2 What about Luthor? That's like the best Lex Luthor ever made...so far.

Why 3 Supermans? One to open, one to keep in the box, and... :confused:. Anyway, no love for Mr. J...comes with two heads? :monkey2 What about Luthor? That's like the best Lex Luthor ever made...so far.

To get to pick :lol I always do that, buy 3 of each, pic the 2 best paint apps, sells the other one, from the remaining 2 I keep the best one MIB and the other to play around with, but for Superman I may keep all 3 to have one extra to smell and hug while I sleep.

I'm getting one of each of Luthor and Batman.

Joker, I'm afraid I'm getting the Mattel one, it's good enough and I want articulation dammit! :cuss

Probably a fat chance but I hope Superman gets a torso cut or something, but I'm sold as-is.

To get to pick :lol I always do that, buy 3 of each, pic the 2 best paint apps, sells the other one, from the remaining 2 I keep the best one MIB and the other to play around with, but for Superman I may keep all 3 to have one extra to smell and hug while I sleep.

I'm getting one of each of Luthor and Batman.

Joker, I'm afraid I'm getting the Mattel one, it's good enough and I want articulation dammit! :cuss

Probably a fat chance but I hope Superman gets a torso cut or something, but I'm sold as-is.

I see, you'll sell bizarro Superman to some poor bastard on ebay :lol As far as the Joker, look at that detail, man!

Q1b7FlZ.jpg

I have to say. I don't dislike the Mattel version. I have the DCU classics wave 10 joker and it's one of my favorite Joker figures...and it's from Mattel.

9YqDMvU.jpg
nBIia2S.jpg

Ah, yeah totally see it now. If I knew we were getting a full JL from Capullo I'd buy Wondy but alone I don't like it enough to get it.

I never thought of it, it does seem like they're aiming for a full Capullo Justice League, If they make s Superman I hope to god they give him the same articulation as Batman.

I hope the arm joint on the Noel Batman figure can be more hidden, that my only compaliant. the joint on his arm looks a 2x4 piece of wood

I know that Jim Lee's not the most popular artist on these boards, but I ****ing love this so much. Ever since NECA did those TMNT figures, I've loved that black and white, cell shaded style, but, alas, I'm not a TMNT fan, so, to see it applied to Batman is amazing:

Image-10.jpg

Image-11.jpg

Image-121.jpg

Does anyone own this figure? Thoughts?

His style is stale, he can't draw knees, he's a glorified Liefeld to be honest, I think Liefeld evolved his style more than Lee did.

I take Fabok over Lee any day of the week.

I can't take Liefeld seriously, and unfollowed him on Instagram the other day from overdosing on the amount of Deadpool **** he was posting. I get that he created the guy but I was literally choking on chimichangas.

Jim Lee is unparalleled in my opinion.

Weird thing with that two face. No-one really knows, or at least I haven't seen a definitive answer. I don't believe he's a had an official release, just a few leaks here and there. I oddly got one thru Amazon a few months ago, so I would keep checking there as well.

Wait...why is Jim Lee hated around here? I've been a huge fan of his ever since X-Men way back when.

Don't fret. It's just the hipster contingent. "He's everywhere, so, he must be terrible." In all honesty, though, I think of it like the Tao; yin and yang. For years, you had these casual fans who tauted him as the greatest comic book artist ever, and, as we know, to everything there must be an equal and opposite balance, so, somewhere along the line, the Jim Lee Hate Brigade popped up in order to counteract that blind fellowship.:lol

Frankly, I think both sides are a bit extreme. I see "top 10" lists all the time, where Lee is the "number one Batman artist of all time." With such a long history, and guys like **** Sprang, Carmine Infantino, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, and on and on, I certainly don't think he should nab the top spot, but, at the same time, I don't think the guy deserves nearly as much hate as he gets. I will say, though, that I think a lot of the anti-Lee sentiment started up around when The New 52 came along.

He and Johns were largely, sort of, "The Godfathers" of that whole thing, which, in and of itself, was divisive, and Lee was responsible for a lot of the costume designs, which many found overly busy, with all of the lines and segmentation. I will agree with them, in that regard; his New 52 stuff is fairly "one note," from an aesthetic perspective, but I feel like you could disagree with his design choices, without putting the man's entire artistic style on trial.

To compare him to Liefeld, though, is laughable. Personally, I've always been a fan, and I love this figure. Definitely want to track one down, sooner or later.

Back