New DC Collectibles action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3IJFJX8.jpg

MmQnsdm.jpg

icons green arrow pics off facebook or something similar lol ,
looks great and personally i like the size they turned out at but i see a lot of disappointed collectors in the future complaining about the compatibility with dcuc ,not sure they would be a good mix even if the size matched ,the dcuc arrow seems a little crude and cartoony compared to the icon version

Last edited:
Yeah I had seen that pic, it sucks.

There will be disappointment and rightfully so, that scale does not work at all, it's import 1/12th and import 1/12th isn't really 1/12th scale at all, even imports are getting it right these days, Batman and DCUC arrow right there are true 6" figures.

Also, other Icons figures really trump their DCUC counterparts, but not GA, it's clear in that pic the DCUC Green Arrow is still superior.

dIerQUT.jpg

green arrow with legends figures ,looks closer but again to me the styles dont mesh well ,still looking forward to picking a few of these up

Well, they managed to make GA as cartoonish and as little detailed as the generic ML mold :lol but at least the scale difference doesn't' look that bad after all.

Other DC Icons look better, will wait for those.

Thanks for sharing btw.

no worries ,not my pictures just swiped from the foosh lol ,yeah im sure some of these will knock it out of the park ,just a pick and chose situation i guess

I'm really, really looking forward to the Lee Bermejo series, Superman, Batman and Lex all look amazing. I may even pick up Green lantern. I'm sure we will get a series 2 with the Joker with his Glasgow smile as seen in the "Joker" graphic novel.

In preparation I've been filling the holes in my DC collection. Was able to secure the Alex Ross Justice Solomon Grundy and Bizarro figures for a decent price, as well as some of the random Arkham figures I passed on the first time.

Don't fret. It's just the hipster contingent. "He's everywhere, so, he must be terrible." In all honesty, though, I think of it like the Tao; yin and yang. For years, you had these casual fans who tauted him as the greatest comic book artist ever, and, as we know, to everything there must be an equal and opposite balance, so, somewhere along the line, the Jim Lee Hate Brigade popped up in order to counteract that blind fellowship.:lol

Frankly, I think both sides are a bit extreme. I see "top 10" lists all the time, where Lee is the "number one Batman artist of all time." With such a long history, and guys like **** Sprang, Carmine Infantino, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, and on and on, I certainly don't think he should nab the top spot, but, at the same time, I don't think the guy deserves nearly as much hate as he gets. I will say, though, that I think a lot of the anti-Lee sentiment started up around when The New 52 came along.

He and Johns were largely, sort of, "The Godfathers" of that whole thing, which, in and of itself, was divisive, and Lee was responsible for a lot of the costume designs, which many found overly busy, with all of the lines and segmentation. I will agree with them, in that regard; his New 52 stuff is fairly "one note," from an aesthetic perspective, but I feel like you could disagree with his design choices, without putting the man's entire artistic style on trial.

To compare him to Liefeld, though, is laughable. Personally, I've always been a fan, and I love this figure. Definitely want to track one down, sooner or later.

I'd love to see the people who **** on Jim Lee try to draw half as well as he can. I wouldn't say he's the greatest ever, but he's definitely a fantastic comic artist.

I'm really, really looking forward to the Lee Bermejo series, Superman, Batman and Lex all look amazing. I may even pick up Green lantern. I'm sure we will get a series 2 with the Joker with his Glasgow smile as seen in the "Joker" graphic novel.

A Glasgow grin you mean ;-). Or a Chelsea smile.

I can't wait to get the Darwyn cook version. They captured it perfectly! That Bermejo batman version could do with some white eyes.

Another version id kill for is a Paul Pope batman. Just a fantastic and original design, that B&W statue they made was atrocious unfortunately

I'd love to see the people who **** on Jim Lee try to draw half as well as he can. I wouldn't say he's the greatest ever, but he's definitely a fantastic comic artist.

A Jim Lee line would be epic, he really has made basically the ultimate drawn Batman (or batman prime)

A Jim Lee line would be epic, he really has made basically the ultimate drawn Batman (or batman prime)

As much as I like his artwork, Frank's Batman will always be the best to me.

6w1DEq3.jpg

Now Jim Lee's X-Men on the other hand - as far as I'm concerned, his take is the definitive one. So many great costume designs, especially Rogue's oversized leather jacket look.

14460011306001958275488.jpg
Not DC Collectibles but just wanted to share since it's DC. But just got these in the mail and they came out nicer than I expect. Love the TV show, for sure I'm getting series 2.

Back