New DC Collectibles action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Detective is the best it's been in years. I was getting ready to drop this book, but the new creative team changed all that. One of the best DC books out at the moment imo.

Yeah, I started collecting it with the super-sized issue 27. I knew I was going to start buying it regularly once Manapul took over, and I knew I was getting the anniversary issue, so, I figured I'd just deal with the Gothtopia stuff for a couple issues and that was that. Manapul has been one of my favorite artists to come around in quite a while. He did a few issues of Superman/Batman pre-New 52, and, from then on, I was hooked. Adventure Comics, his Flash stuff (both pre and post-New 52), and, now, Detective. The fact that he also writes this stuff with Brian Buccellato makes him one of the most talented individuals in the industry today, IMO.

hybysydy.jpg

:rotfl

It's the same series, just a new creative team and a new direction for the character.

Apparently they're making her the Stephanie Brown version of Batgirl without actually using the name Stephanie Brown. Of course they could have just not cancelled Stephanie's Batgirl book in the first place, but if DC weren't full of crap, it wouldn't be DC these days.

Apparently they're making her the Stephanie Brown version of Batgirl without actually using the name Stephanie Brown. Of course they could have just not cancelled Stephanie's Batgirl book in the first place, but if DC weren't full of crap, it wouldn't be DC these days.

I agree with you in that Stephanie should have remained Batgirl and Barbara should have stayed Oracle. The reason Barbara was suddenly able to walk again was baffling, I don't even think the writers really knew how she miraculously got her legs back.

Those look amazing, I've been thinking of posing my Batman and Talon figures into something more dynamic, and those are definitely some good examples to go by.

"Not only were there sculpts of figures for artist Jae Lee's designs on "Superman/Batman" for the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight, DC also stated that figures based on Lee's designs for Catwoman and Wonder Woman were on the way."

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54288

I'm beyond excited for this!! I've been obsessed with Jae Lee lately! :panic:

Jae Lee art = Too much black with curly lines i am interested to see how well it translates into figures though.

The cards for these new capullo figures say series 2, but aren't these series 3? I was under the impression that mr freeze, catwoman, red hood, and thrasher armor were series 2.

Jae Lee art = Too much black with curly lines i am interested to see how well it translates into figures though.

I love his style, you described it pretty accurately, I'd add "pastel colors"... I bet it's tough to translate into figures.

Ummmmmmm...

DC%20BW%20-%20Lee%20%20Jae%200003.jpg

I'd like to recreate this scene with the figures... :lol

3831446-bmsm_cv14.jpg

Well that's. . .uh. . .interesting.

It's his costume from the latest "Zero Year" storyline.

Back