New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great!

Regarding the tan stripes comment made by Wor-Gar, I'm not sure they're NOT tan. Check out this pic!

INDIANA_JONES_RAIDERS_LOST_ARK-0-144.jpg

Regards. Dr. J

Last edited:
I meant the lighter almost white color of the vest, not the stripes. I do think they're tan as well, but someone here said they're blue. I can't tell on the DVD. But the vest below works for me.

Repost for others to see in case they want to hunt this vest down (from the Rhett Butler 12" doll in white suit). It's a bit lighter in hand than these pictures show, more like a light tan rather than a dark beige:

Here's pics:

SallahVEST.jpg

And here's what happens when you bleach (see the yellow spot in center):

bleachtest1.jpg

I can live with the tan color in front. I'll paint wash the back to get it closer to white/beige.

Given the choices out there, this is the best so far. But I'm always ready to upgrade. I just happen to have this vest on hand.

Last edited:
Did little work on Sallah this morning.

Need to sew the skirt to the shirt but with the sash in place I'm thinking it will be hard to tell that there's two pieces here.
df01a98e.jpg

Sash, same material, as the skirt but washed with burnt siena. Looks about right.
f1635570.jpg

Shovel was easy. Cut the head off a military shovel and added a six inch portion of wooden dowel. Weathered it and viola!
e343fe44.jpg

I found an old Greedo Hasbro vest in my parts bin. I gave it a bleach bath. Plan to give it an off white paint wash after that and add some material for the stripes. We'll see how that goes as I'm not 100%, or even 50% convinced that it will turn out right. The GWTW vest look good Wor Gar!

Who's painting your head? I still need to buy mine :lol

BTW, Relic Hunter boots and Sinbad pants under the skirt. I'm using the 3 3/4" fig for reference on those bits.... He has a little padding in the midsection ATM, going to add a bit more.

Did he even wear pants?

There's a shot of him climbing out of the Well of Souls (before the rope drops on Indy) and all I can see is shoes and socks and bare calves.

I think Sallah may go commando. :lol

Thanks, Paul. I think I can make it work. Futzing will be the key. Once you scrunch it up the stripes look much closer together, and the white wash I'll give to the back will help greatly.

Did he even wear pants?

There's a shot of him climbing out of the Well of Souls (before the rope drops on Indy) and all I can see is shoes and socks and bare calves.

I think Sallah may go commando. :lol

Yeah, fair enough. Still, I got the pants so I'll use um... I'm sure he's got something up there for protection! Sand chafes, afrerall. :panic:

Got to paint washing my vest today. Wanted to get rid of the silky tan back and make it more flat white. Also washed the stripe area a little just to lighten it a hair.

BEFORE -------------------------------------- AFTER

Sallahvestpaintedcomp1.jpg

Here's in progress to see how:

Sallahvestpainted.jpg

Not much to look at but once over the tan robe the difference will show much greater. And the added stiffnes will make wrinkling it easier and it will hold shape.

Great job! Did you just thin down acrylic paints with water?

Thanks! Yep, watered down acrylic. Did two washes once dry.

Loving what you did with the vest Wor-Gar... I'm going to pick up a Rhett.... That's just a Barbie version?

Thanks too! Yes, Barbie's Ken Rhett Butler, Atlanta burning or something. Just search 'barbie rhett' under 'dolls' and several should come up.

Looks great so far! I should have a majority of my parts coming this week. I should have a painter lined up for the beginning of Oct and just waiting on the head to come!

I'm not so smart! I paid $10 shipped for just the vest! I could've thrown old Rhett to my six year-old as a potential suitor for Cinderella! ;)

I want to use Josh as well. He said he's taking orders at the beginning of October.

Back