New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same exact look as that of the SS ROTLA Indy EX, right? Bundled twigs or reeds.... A cast of that would be great.

Nope again. The SS one is like the torch from the beginning scene, the mud torch:

INDIANA_JONES_SST_02.jpg

I was fiddling with that figure over the weekend. I grabbed a ton of extra Indy figures back when Wal-Fart cleared them out at 1.99 ea and just happened upon the bag when I was cleaning out the boxes under my work bench.... that must have been the torch I was thinking of when I was posting.

Anyway, the boots look pretty standard. I have a pair of Relic Hunter boots that might work. I also have a ton of extra material that I picked up back when I was working on a Map Room Indy that could work for the lower portion of the night shirt.... The sash should make it easy to hide the seam.

Shovel:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Tool_DiD_Japanese_WWII_Entrenching_Cover_p/dl0497-xe066.htm

Seems like the head should come off pretty easily and then you can just make a longer handle out of a wooden dowel.

Found these for the torch:

pp-torch1.jpg

That one looks like wooden slats wheras this one is made of sticks

050.jpg

I'm looking for a screenshot of Marion with the torch going out to really be sure which is correct. Probably couldn't go wrong with either though when it comes right down to it.

The pic with Marion you're thinking of is on the preceeding page.

Yes, round twigs is better I think. Easy to make.

I need to see what the sash's color is exactly. Hard to tell in pic and the toy. It looks like a faded orange but is there a pattern on it?

What's the name of the 'shirt' to search on ebay? The one we're using for the two-piece tunic thingy.

Unfortunately I'm not remotely familiar with ITPT so I can't speculate as to whether their stuff is loose fitting, like say Dragon, or more fitting like the higher end guys. :/

Top pic = "I'm so pleased your not dead!" I love that line! :D

Random "notes:"

The sash does look like a faded orange or almost a peach color.

Guess I was thinking they were longer but the sleeves only seem to come down slightly past his mid-forearm.

Wor-Gar, what body are you thinking of using? Pro?

Body is a good question. He's about the same height as Indy so I will match the Indy body... of course I may swap Indy out to a Soldier Story body for the sculpted neck.

With Sallah's exposed chest, I think the soldier story may work here for the same reason. Beard should hide the very slim neck. Not sure if the chest will puff out enough for a heavy set man.

I will also use an SS fat suit I have in my parts bin. The squishy nature of the fat suit should create the right 'belly hang' once you tie the sash.

EDIT: the more I look at the pics, the more I see that Sallah has a really thick neck. I hope Russ has a sculpted neck version because I don't think the soldier story neck will look right now.

If Russ has a large sculpted neck, then I guess I'll use a Pro body or a body that has a very narrow neck opening.

Body is a good question. He's about the same height as Indy so I will match the Indy body... of course I may swap Indy out to a Soldier Story body for the sculpted neck.

With Sallah's exposed chest, I think the soldier story may work here for the same reason. Beard should hide the very slim neck. Not sure if the chest will puff out enough for a heavy set man.

I will also use an SS fat suit I have in my parts bin. The squishy nature of the fat suit should create the right 'belly hang' once you tie the sash.

This was my exact plan as well. Like someone else mentioned I do question the shirt size though. I guess I will find out when it gets here.

Ah good call. If anything I will just got with some version of the true type. If a neck as to be visible, oh well. If he does have sculpted neck, even better!

Back