New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art or even Hardware should have them. Then just round off the top with a little sandpaper and your set.

Found a bunch of "tunics" off the Ignite Viking series figures...but they're all too short. Knee high.

Just warning others if they see it; some listings don't show the length so it can be misleading.

I got the head ordered. I have the shirt and shoes and I have a vest coming. Still not sure about the tunic yet. Trying to track down the obi inner robes but no luck so far. I have a body I can use but not 100% I want to use it yet.

I got one of the Clark gable vests coming. I think it will work out pretty well besides it not being blue. I did find a blue stripe shirt that could be converted into a vest but it might be more work then it is worth.

I got one of the Clark gable vests coming. I think it will work out pretty well besides it not being blue. I did find a blue stripe shirt that could be converted into a vest but it might be more work then it is worth.

Same vest I got then. OK. I think it will be serviceable onced wrinkled and worn. I might try to bleach it -- test first -- to see if I can lighten it. I'll let you know if it works. If not, a paint wash may work, which would also stiffen the material for better shaping.

I bought one. The top portion is good I think. I'll glue on some buttons to add to it. I'll have the Wife sew extra material on the bottom and use a sash to hide the stitching. I think this is going to be one fun custom!

Guys,

I got the Japanese trenching tool (shovel) from Monkey Depot. It's really nice and the wooden handle slides right out.

Also, check this out for Sallah's robe!

https://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGON-WWII-GE...aultDomain_0&hash=item5d29a36af3#ht_812wt_898

bmarz1000

I saw that shirt. Checked out the figure it goes to. Unfortunately, it's too short. Knee high I believe, so you'd still have to add some material. But its a great cut.

I checked the Ignite Viking tunics too, and same problem.

That would be a good one for the top and then you could use the sash around his waist to mask adding more material.

It's definitely more accurate than what I'm going to try. I may switch and go that way. Just need to see what I can do with the SS Ben Kenobi robe I have coming first. But I love the collar on that sniper shirt.

BTW, for those with the Rhett vest, I tested bleach and DON'T do it. The test section turned very bright yellow and the stripes began to fade. Going to have to go with the vest front as it. The back (which is dark tan satin) doesn't take bleach. I'm going to try a paint wash to lighten it best I can. It's too shiny anyway, and it should be closer to white on the back.

That said, once the buttons are off, the vest is a very good cut and a perfect size. Once folded, wrinkled and pulled open it will work terrific.

It's definitely more accurate than what I'm going to try. I may switch and go that way. Just need to see what I can do with the SS Ben Kenobi robe I have coming first. But I love the collar on that sniper shirt.

BTW, for those with the Rhett vest, I tested bleach and DON'T do it. The test section turned very bright yellow and the stripes began to fade. Going to have to go with the vest front as it. The back (which is dark tan satin) doesn't take bleach. I'm going to try a paint wash to lighten it best I can. It's too shiny anyway, and it should be closer to white on the back.

That said, once the buttons are off, the vest is a very good cut and a perfect size. Once folded, wrinkled and pulled open it will work terrific.

Excellent, it isn't too thick is it?

I bought one. The top portion is good I think. I'll glue on some buttons to add to it. I'll have the Wife sew extra material on the bottom and use a sash to hide the stitching. I think this is going to be one fun custom!

I bought one as well, I think I am gonna try this out now. A little better than my other shirt. I will use the buttons on the other shirt and put them on this one and then sew on a new bottom and use the sash to cover it up. Speaking of the sash, anyone found a good material yet?

Anyone doing a crusade version? I have no idea where to start...

CrusadeBrodySalah.jpg

davies.jpg

Gonna need a suit, almost like Belloqs I think. And then a stripped blue shirt. The tie I think will be the hardest.

Excellent, it isn't too thick is it?

Maybe a little, but its too good in other aspects. I think once wet and shaped it will work very well.

Here's pics:

SallahVEST.jpg

And here's what happens when you bleach (see the yellow spot in center):

bleachtest1.jpg

I can live with the tan color with the stripes. I'll paint wash the back to get it closer to white/beige.

Given the choices out there, this is the best so far. But I'm always ready to upgrade. I just happen to have this vest on hand.

I definitely think it looks great and will work well. I will probably paint wash the back as well but it looks damn good. Like you said, it just needs to be worn a little more I think.

Back