NEW CONTEST FOR ALL YOU ARTISTS!-Winner!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW CONTEST FOR ALL YOU ARTISTS!

I can see all of them now. And they're very very good!
PS I love the 'They create it, we debate it' one, very true. I think SS will like that one too.
HE I prefer your favourite one too, but if as you say it's too cartoonish then I would opt for the first one I mentioned as my favourite.
The postcards are a great idea! Love the holiday snaps theme.

Thanks for the comments. The more the better! I cna't improve it without people letting me know what to do.

I'll start to tidy up my version and post a final clean version. I don't have much time to work on these during the week and next weekend is my birthday! :banana So I don't think I'll be in any state to use my computer! :yay :bonk

PC :balrog

I just made another attempt. Got this idea for a postcard and went straight ahead and made it. And then made it again because my comp crashed due to insufficient memory (try having 5 high res images open in photoshop, running illustrator and browsing firefox on several pages with high res sideshow images on all at the same time.....damn computers cant do anything nowadays!! :mad).

Anyhow, here's the image:

BEpostcard2.jpg

Just in case, I could always change the word Babes into Class (or something in that range). You know, in case the women find it degrating. I just liked the word because we do have great women on our forums and we also collect female figures. That and most of the people on SDCC will be guys :lol

And just a little fun fact :lecture :
The background for Anna is the inner yard of the Bran Castle who, as you all know, is also known as Vlad the Impaler or Dracula.

Here's the tidy version:

tidy10lv.jpg

Here's a close up as I think the detail of the background is lost in the above image (it sort of looks like newspaper print):

upclose14mt.jpg

I hope you can see them! :google

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Cheers mate! :toast

And just to point out, any part of my design can be changed! So if there is a little bit that's not right, let me know and I'll get onto it! :hat

Psycho C :balrog

:lol Now I understand your email! I didn't notice I'd got it wrong! :bang :doh

I'll correct it!

Psycho C :balrog

Here's my final version with corrected URL:

postcard52ls.jpg

I can easily add a 5mm bleed all the way around so you get a nice cut edge (no white bits where the print plate might move :doh ).

I haven't got a hi-res version of Legolas & Gimli on Arod but here's a new version to give you an idea (because it's low-res, it's blured and I didn't clean the edges):

postcard61mo.jpg

One last version before I get ready for my birthday BBQ and drink! :hat :banana

Remember, I have no hi-res images of Legolas & Gimli on Arod, so they might look a bit rubbish. But as soon as I get the hi-res versions, they're look sweet!

postcard76ph.jpg

These last few designs have been good but don't quite stack up to mine on the first page. When should I expect to see the winner's email? :D ;)

Dave I sent my 3 best designs to [email protected]. Thats the right one yeh? Could you give me confirmation you got them.
Cheers
Eddy

I've just sent mine across! :hat

I'm sooooo hung over! :puke

I'm also now 25! :rock

:banana Congrats Psycho Cenobite :banana

I'll send my sooooon....

EDIT:
Almost finished and then I made a terrible mistake, I closed my project without saving
:cry

Ok, back to halfway finished...

You better hurry Pordey. Today is the last day.

CONGRATULATIONS to Psycho Cenobite for the winning postcard! It's on the way to the printer as I type.

A lot of these designs were great - I'd especially like to single out HighElven who did 3 designs, all of which got high marks in the popular vote.

Psycho also won the slogan contest with his "they create it, we debate it" line.

Congrats Psycho and your special prize of....well, something special, is winging it's way to you as soon as I figure out what the hell it is!

Back