Spook Needs You! The UFSA Veteran T-shirt Project 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboDad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings, Spooktacular fans!

It's that time of year again, and we're going to be doing another Spooktacular Veteran t-shirt project.

For those who don't remember, or weren't around at the time, here is the shirt we produced last year:

Front:
Spook_shirt_front.jpg

Back:
Spook_shirt_back.jpg

This year I want to try something a bit different. We're having a CONTEST to select the design that we will use on this year's shirt. And there will be prizes for the winner!

Here are the design contest rules:

• All designs must be submitted to me via email or cloud storage such as dropbox (PM me for my email address if needed). No submissions posted in this or any other forum thread will be eligible for the contest.
  • All designs must incorporate the USFA logo, as attached to this post. It does not need to be large, and may be split into two parts (the jack-o-lantern and the lettering).
  • All designs should include the word "Veteran" somewhere in the design.
  • Designs may incorporate a design for the front of the shirt, back of the shirt, or both.
  • Designs should work well on a black t-shirt (i.e., black lettering with no border would be invisible on a black shirt).
  • No nudity or profanity allowed. Last year several people wanted to be able to wear their shirt in an office or classroom environment, and we want to encourage that again this year.
  • No copyrighted materials may be used without the owner's permission. If you want to use any Sideshow graphics, you must contact Sideshow first and arrange their approval.
  • If you have a fantastic idea for a design, but feel that you don't have the skill or tools to bring it to life, you can work with anyone else in the forum to create and submit it, and both members will be eligible for prizes.
  • All submissions must be in PNG format, including a transparent background, and the resolution must be high enough to provide at least a 150dpi image on the shirt (there is a maximum area of about 10x13 inches for artwork on each side of the shirt).
  • All submissions must be completed no later than Saturday, September 10, 10:59 p.m. PDT.
  • Following the submission deadline, a voting thread will be created, and all eligible designs will be available to view and vote on. The voting thread will be open for one week.
  • At the end of the vote, the winner will be announced, and a separate thread will be created to track the remainder of the project. Prices and full ordering information will be posted in that thread.
  • The winner of the design contest will receive their 2011 UFSA t-shirt for free, and they will also receive a Sideshow Collectibles figure. (I will post the figures that the winner can choose from early next week).

So get creative! Spook needs you!

(Click for high res PNG version)

An even higher resolution version of the logo is available if anyone needs it.

Well, I've been sidelined for a while with a back injury, but I was surprised to come back and find no activity at all in the contest. :(

I don't know if people just aren't interested in having a shirt project this year, or if people just haven't noticed this thread. Should I extend the deadline by a week, or just take the lack of responses as confirmation that we shouldn't have a shirt this year?

What do you all think?

Ladies and gentlemen (and I use that term very loosely ;))!

The voting is NOW OPEN for the UFSA Veteran t-shirt project for 2011.

Go here to vote.

For your convenience, here are the entries (but please, direct your praise, comments, and begs for votes to the other thread):

Entry #1, submitted by CelticP:
ufsa_entry_1.jpg

Entry #2, submitted by Veil1:
ufsa_entry_2.jpg

Happy voting!

I like em both. But the second one is more like me on spook. Though, I still end up looking like a woman of course. Good job to ya both.

Back