Artist/miniature makers needed for feature film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellow freaks! As some of you know I have started to work in the film industry over the last few years. Recently I have been put in charge of the model department for an upcoming feature film. With that being said, I want to give my fellow miniature makers/diorama artist/and figure customizers a chance to have their hard work and efforts be shown on the big screen.

As of this moment I can't give any details as to the project name or who is involved. I can tell you guys the basics though. 80% of filming is done, there are many pop culture icons involved, and this will reach a major audience. It is an independent film with most of the budget having been donated by the already established fan base; a fan base so large that the film is now the second largest fan funded movie in cinema history (Or so I've been told). Recently when the trailer went live, it hit number 1 on youtube almost over night. Bottom line is that this is a real film with a very large fan base meaning your work will be seen by many. While a nation wide release is still up in the air, it will play on a limited run and film festivals. It will obviously also make it to DVD and blu-ray.

So with all that out of the way lets talk about you guys. The last 20% of this movie is almost all miniature work. Think classic Godzilla. There are many vehicles, buildings, and objects needed. Some need to be built for specific reasons (example would be a tank that has to blow apart a certain way). No prior film experience is needed, just creativity and talent. I know these boards are full of it. Hence why I came here first rather than Craigslist or mandy.

If you didn't feel like reading any of the above ramblings, please make sure you at least READ THESE...

-I can't stress enough, this is only for those who are SERIOUS. I'm sorry but I cant have you commit to this then flake out 2 weeks into it.

-You must be okay meeting a deadline (or deadlines depending on how much work you want to take on). As of right now its still in planning so I estimate March-April for due dates.

-At this moment there is NO PAY but, there is a budget. This means you will not be paying for anything out of your pocket. There is also a chance the no pay status will change.

-You have to be able to stay within your budget given, this will include cost of shipping to set (Philadelphia area)

I think those are the biggest points I need to make. This is open to everyone on here. Just send me a PM and include these few things

1. Photos/portfolio of work
2. Why you are interested (just so I know the passion is there :))
3. Would you prefer smaller work (like a scale jet) or Larger work (like a building).

lastly, if you live in or around the Philadelphia area, please tell me so. That would really help on shipping. I can also use you on set if you are willing.

Like I said folks, this is in its infant stage. I want to start building up my contacts list now and getting you all informed so when the s storm starts, we're ready. Feel free to post any questions here and thanks for looking!

Thanks to those who have sent me PMs so far. I'm gonna bump this just to add this

Anyone who specializes in scale military vehicles, Hollywood needs you!

Tanks, jets, trucks, and more. If you think you fit the bill send me a PM. What do you have to lose? If you message me its not a commitment, more just a discussion of whats to come and if you are interested.

Also I want to mention that your skills do not need to be ILM quality, anyone and everyone can help out. The director said he even wants a bit of that old school low budget sci-fi camp. I'll be posting more info on the movie itself once I'm given word I can. Thanks again guys.

Another bump with a little bit more info.

First off, I'll be catching up on my PMs tonight so if you haven't heard from me yet you will soon. I honestly can't thank you guys enough, this is going to be a blast.

I found out we will be filming in the area of Morgantown PA. Its about 45 min from Philly (out near the Amish country). Once again, if anyone is local to this area and is interested in being part of the build team please let me know.

You guys rock!

Back