New Bowen Hulk web EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I know what does not click with me as far as this sculpt goes and it's lack of detail.

If his chest muscles were a bit more flexed and ripped and his veins in his arm came out more it would match the look on his face. His face is in a rage but his body almost seems at rest. Especially his pectoral muscles. I mean screaming like that, your whole body would be tensed up.

Now I know this is supposed to be comic based.

But even in the 70's they seemed to know to rip them muscles up a bit when hulk was raging.

2354265-hulk___sal_buscema___ernie_chan_collage_color_2x_lrg.jpg

hulkstamp01.jpg

499148014_Jvwai-O.jpg

223-5.jpg

hulk+marvel+comics+cbs+mighty+calendar+cover+1979+john+romita+sr.+bronze+age+.jpg

Awesome pics Averone. Best shots i have seen of this piece that actually do it justice. Couldn't be happier about getting this.

I ordered the last one BBTS had today because aves pics made me do it. Will be here Monday....don't know what I'm going to do with it. It fits in with nothing I have lol

But it's Hulk and I couldn't resist.

Chris

I think it looks great and I actually prefer the pose to Sideshow's dancing Hulk comiquette.

Yea ok
Still think this Hulk is very cool

Hey it is a cool Hulk. Just not a great Hulk. For me anyways. I am not one of those who will bash on a piece and tell others they are crazy for liking it. I almost ordered this back when it was first announced but as I stated there was always something off to me.

As I said in my previous post I believe I figured out what I don't like. The body don't match the face. Which makes sense since the the body sculpt was for the original savage hulk which had a closed mouth and he just looks pissed not enragged.

I can't help but look at this hulk and think he just stubbed his toe :) and it's all because of the lack of rage in his body.

If I had my Hulk collection still I would have gotten this for sure but since I have started to streamline my stuff there is just no room for a piece that looks like this to me.

That's all I got to say. I won't go negative on this any more. There are some great aspects to this piece. I think it's great that those who got him love him. I would not have it any other way.

Hey it is a cool Hulk. Just not a great Hulk. For me anyways. I am not one of those who will bash on a piece and tell others they are crazy for liking it. I almost ordered this back when it was first announced but as I stated there was always something off to me.

As I said in my previous post I believe I figured out what I don't like. The body don't match the face. Which makes sense since the the body sculpt was for the original savage hulk which had a closed mouth and he just looks pissed not enragged.

I can't help but look at this hulk and think he just stubbed his toe :) and it's all because of the lack of rage in his body.

If I had my Hulk collection still I would have gotten this for sure but since I have started to streamline my stuff there is just no room for a piece that looks like this to me.

That's all I got to say. I won't go negative on this any more. There are some great aspects to this piece. I think it's great that those who got him love him. I would not have it any other way.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this case its artist/ Khrums style. I like the simplistic style without texture etc. Its different than what everyone else does at the moement.
I guess, what matters is get what makes you happy at the end its for your enjoyment

I ordered the last one BBTS had today because aves pics made me do it. Will be here Monday....don't know what I'm going to do with it. It fits in with nothing I have lol

But it's Hulk and I couldn't resist.

Chris

Chris, your such a sucker for the green guy! Im happy my pics did some more damage to the endless wallet of yours :yess:
Chris, wouldnt it be great to see this in 1:1?

Those are the best pics yet... It is a GREAT comicbook HULK... Congrats

Agreed, a great comicbook Hulk :exactly:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this case its artist/ Khrums style. I like the simplistic style without texture etc. Its different than what everyone else does at the moement.
I guess, what matters is get what makes you happy at the end its for your enjoyment

I can understand that. Averone, you have tons of staues and like I said If I still had my entire Hulk collection I would have this one and probably would like some of it's simplistic style. But the direction I am talking my collection this piece would stick out like a sour thumb.

But as you said, "Get what makes you happy" I can in no way argue with that.

Congrats on the new Bowen Hulk!!!

Chris, your such a sucker for the green guy! Im happy my pics did some more damage to the endless wallet of yours :yess:
Chris, wouldnt it be great to see this in 1:1?

Agreed, a great comicbook Hulk :exactly:

LoL...if my wallet is endless, then yours has no bottom. Your as big a spender you even amaze me sometimes lol.

You know I was just talking with a sculptor in the US the other day about maybe doing a Hulk this style in 1:2 scale. I already have plans on getting the 1:1 Oxmox Hulk, don't think I can fit two 1:1 Hulks in the house. But I like this comic style. A 1:2 version would still be very large. It might be a possibility in the future. For now though I ordered both Bowen Hulks to hold me over.

Chris

Should be getting mine tomorrow can't wait. Hes fitting in with a 4 piece avenger set I'm making, will still need a thor. Here's my reasoning - I have no place to fit a 1/4 scale set and this set will be <$800 vs $1400+ with no place to put it. Not so patiently waiting
P1020864_zps73680b12.jpg

Back