NEW Alien vs Predator videogame details!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't that game cancelled?

It was originally scheduled to be released Oct 2009 but had been pushed back to early 2010. However, with AvP in the works Sega wanted it's release to take priority over Aliens:CM. I just checked gamestops website and it indicates it to be released on 11/11/2011, which I believe is false. I still have my reservation there and haven't received any notification of it being cancelled. I believe a lot will depend on AvP's success.

I just hope it doesn't get cancelled like Aliens: Crucible.

Getting back on topic, Rebellion discusses doing another avp game because there were things they wanted to add and that the story is left fairly open. This is discussed in an interview on the third headline of the avpgalaxy.net homepage.

Last edited:
It was originally scheduled to be released Oct 2009 but had been pushed back to early 2010. However, with AvP in the works Sega wanted it's release to take priority over Aliens:CM. I just checked gamestops website and it indicates it to be released on 11/11/2011, which I believe is false. I still have my reservation there and haven't received any notification of it being cancelled. I believe a lot will depend on AvP's success.

There were 3 different developers working on various Aliens-related games in parallel: Rebellion (AvP), Obsidian, and Gearbox.

The one that was cancelled was Obsidian's Aliens RPG. Colonial Marines is a Gearbox game and was delayed, but is now supposedly on track for 2010/2011.

Apologies if this was already posted but man, I can't wait for this game! Its been years since I got to rock a pulse rifle on the PC.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GljJpco0VZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GljJpco0VZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZgN2ChA49N8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZgN2ChA49N8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

This game looks so fantastic. The original is still one of the most atmospheric and terrifying games I ever played ( The marine sections anyway)

Why did they change the marine helmet design?
Thats a mistake.
All the classic sound f/x are there which is a plus.
Hope they pull off the multiplayer aspect so I can ascend to nerd nirvana.
Damn am i going to get sick of ****** bags saying "Game over man" Ugh.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much only getting this game to play as the Pred, but it looks like the Marines will do a good job holding me over until/if their real game comes out later this year

I wonder how they'll do the teams, has this been addressed, seems likely Preds will be limited to 1 or 2 at a time on a server and the Marines and Aliens teams will have more players to balance.

I wonder how they'll do the teams, has this been addressed, seems likely Preds will be limited to 1 or 2 at a time on a server and the Marines and Aliens teams will have more players to balance.

If you're speaking from a story perspective, then not necessarily. The Predators could be considered a clan, which would logically allow for a half-dozen Predators on a team.

If you're speaking from a story perspective, then not necessarily. The Predators could be considered a clan, which would logically allow for a half-dozen Predators on a team.

I just mean for multiplayer and as far as what would seem fair. I don't know how ranged the Aliens will be and the Marines are slower to compensate for that. But then you have the Pred whos fast, invisible, and has ranged weapons.

Who wouldn't want to play as that class, so I'm saying in order to keep all 3 teams balanced, it would seem the marines and aliens need an advantage in numbers. If its even numbers the Predators are going to win everytime.

I remember reading in EMPIRE a few days ago that when its marines vs aliens , it starts with a few marines and one alien but for every marine the alien kills another alien is added so in the end theres one marine left and a full team of aliens ( if they win of course ).
I'm not sure about the predators but I think the marines will always have an advantage in numbers to start with.

Man this game looks brutal.
I have to get it on the day it comes out.
I'm not sure if I should go for the Standard version or the Survivor's pack, that will have the codes for the extra maps. It has a steel cover and is £15 more

Back