New 12" Ghosbusters Pics from SDCC!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also:

glad they altered the flight suits, altho without looking and comparing these new pics to the older prototype12" ray fmr afew months ago, can anyone state what changes have been made to the outfit etc?
and is the web belt on these fabric or plastic?

While they have a cartoon look, I think it works with the characters. Other than changing boots and elbow pads, I'd leave em as is.

Sir, I 100% agree with you. These figures are what I've been waiting for since the first time I thought about having Ghostbuster 1:6th figures. I'm happy that somebody finally got the gall to get to sony and get the license to make these figures. Once I get them, I will have achieved every last one of my grail figures. I've got a custom Indy I'm very proud of, with HT's TDK Batman, Bank Robber Joker and with these figures all my grail wants are fulfilled. I don't think I ever though that possible.

I'll most likely get these. GB is part of my happy childhood. Just need to swapped out the headsculpts and boots with better ones. I'm sure there's a custom sculptor who's willing to sculpt better headsculpts for the rest of us. :)

I like the head sculpts. They were practically cartoon characters in the movies anyway and the less photo-realistic sculpts epitomize that for me. Now don't get me wrong, I like realistic head sculpts as much as the next guy but I think these Ghostbuster sculpts convey the silly tone the movie revelled in.

I think the earlier reference to HT, is that with time Mattel could become a major player. They have the clout to make unexpected licenses (Ghostbusters and Reeve Superman) and I'm sure the could recruit major talent.

So while they are now on the low-end, I could see the possibility of them stepping up.

you make sense...however, these are two licenses that deserve major talent and stepping up...these are no joke, ya know?

M.

I'll most likely get these. GB is part of my happy childhood. Just need to swapped out the headsculpts and boots with better ones. I'm sure there's a custom sculptor who's willing to sculpt better headsculpts for the rest of us. :)

you not seen spensers sculpts yet then dude. check the custom section hes got pics of his WIP gb heads there.

I like the head sculpts. They were practically cartoon characters in the movies anyway and the less photo-realistic sculpts epitomize that for me. Now don't get me wrong, I like realistic head sculpts as much as the next guy but I think these Ghostbuster sculpts convey the silly tone the movie revelled in.

yeah i do agree with ya mate, they are cartoony most of the film,their humour, the way the guys interact, but for 1/6 figures, id rather go the movie realistic look and have spensers head, but thats me personaly.

but thats whats great about these, we have the option to keep the heads and also the option to customize them for new more realistic heads etc.

-I'm getting all of these figures

-This is a dream come true

-I love the slimed Venkman sculpt!

I think the earlier reference to HT, is that with time Mattel could become a major player. They have the clout to make unexpected licenses (Ghostbusters and Reeve Superman) and I'm sure the could recruit major talent.

So while they are now on the low-end, I could see the possibility of them stepping up.

Holy smokes! We finally have a winner :lol

This may be laughable but imo just the start of things to come. If you think companies like HT's and Medicom have great likeness and amazing licenses then (again imo) you haven't seen much.

Mattel is the biggest toy company in the world and I have no doubt their 12" product will only get better. This is a start to what I think will be cornering the 12" figure market. Their sculpts and paint apps will improve ............ they've already started selling in similar fashion online.

Mattel in 3-5 years will own the 12", 7" and "other" toy market. Companies like HT's, Medicom and EB will still be around but again not the major player.

Sideshow 5 years ago looked just like these GB's figures.

Yes, but you clearly said these were HT quality :lol

I'm not sure where above I stated that these were on the same level as Hot Toys. Maybe from my second sentence? I admit its confusing but I meant in the future. 3-5 years down the road.

Anyone find clear shots of the proton packs taken at the Con?
The existing ones all seem to be from the front.

Well I saw the protos yesterday...
Winstons is the best!!
Second Venkman,
third Egon and last Ray...

i saw the pics yesterday of all four of the figures and i gotta agree with you mate, winston is def the best out of the four going on sculpt. its a great likeness of ernie hudson. the slimed venkman does look cool too!!

secondly, anyone any idea how these flight suits would be taken off the figures so we could swap bodys etc? as frm the photos the frnt of the suit looks stitched with no zip or anything to take it off.?? is it permenantly sewn on to the figures??

Well I saw the protos yesterday...
Winstons is the best!!
Second Venkman,
third Egon and last Ray...

i saw the pics yesterday of all four of the figures and i gotta agree with you mate, winston is def the best out of the four going on sculpt. its a great likeness of ernie hudson. the slimed venkman does look cool too!!

secondly, anyone any idea how these flight suits would be taken off the figures so we could swap bodys etc? as frm the photos the frnt of the suit looks stitched with no zip or anything to take it off.?? is it permenantly sewn on to the figures??

also, if some of us are going to change the bodys for a hot toys body, what black gloved hands can we use to fit a hot toys bod?? ive noticed dragon seems to be the best to get black gloved hands for.

Back