New 12" Ghosbusters Pics from SDCC!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The outfits and accessories are worth far more than $25.

im eager to see the costume myself close up, altho goin by the pics, they may look prety gud once messed with, add some better elbow pads, better boots, a fabric webbelt instead of plastic, should be alright.

Quick tidbits
they are supposed to be $60.00 not $80.00
Packs supposedly light up, but they didn't show them lit...
HS are too toyish... I'll definetely replace them with Spenser's heads...
But gear is pretty awesome!

That is not too bad considering what it would cost me to kitbash that great gear !

That is not too bad considering what it would cost me to kitbash that great gear !

yeah 60 is ok i guess, 40 wud have been betterhehe. just hope shipping to the uk frm mattycollector.com wouldnt be too much,. wil there be a limit to how many we can get? i wouldnt mind getting 2 of each, 1 to jst collect and keep in the box, and the other to either open and display or to kitbash with new parts and then display.

This may be laughable but imo just the start of things to come. If you think companies like HT's and Medicom have great likeness and amazing licenses then (again imo) you haven't seen much.

Mattel is the biggest toy company in the world and I have no doubt their 12" product will only get better. This is a start to what I think will be cornering the 12" figure market. Their sculpts and paint apps will improve ............ they've already started selling in similar fashion online.

Mattel in 3-5 years will own the 12", 7" and "other" toy market. Companies like HT's, Medicom and EB will still be around but again not the major player.

Sideshow 5 years ago looked just like these GB's figures.

The funny thing is that nobody complaints about shelling out like $100.00 or more for upgrading they're $90.00 Indiana Jones,
Yet with this gear on a TT and Custom sculpt, you would probable spent $120.00 for an excellent GB figure... Believe me, the gear alone and outfit is worth the money...
and you can quote me on that!!

The funny thing is that nobody complaints about shelling out like $100.00 or more for upgrading they're $90.00 Indiana Jones,
Yet with this gear on a TT and Custom sculpt, you would probable spent $120.00 for an excellent GB figure... Believe me, the gear alone and outfit is worth the money...
and you can quote me on that!!

yeah i agree, esp the die hard ghostheads, i speak for myself and others, that we will gladly spend the money if we have it on making an amazing set of gb figures using these as a base then add and change things. i got a set almost finished of custom gb figs and using the old flight suits and dragon bodys, so if iwere to customise these i may go all balls out and get some hot toys bodys. they could look amazing with spensers heads on, and maybe some weathering to the suits.

Can this be stickied so we can check back in ~4 years this bold prediction?

:lol No doubt its a bold statement but just take a look at their past year of both online strategy and quality. Sure the MOTU figures are just $20 7" figures but they are a huge step up in quality.

Now they've ventured out (online again) in the 12" market ........... they are nowhere near the same quality as the master 12" makers but they will get there. I can see what they are doing and they also have the financial backing to make things happen.

I believe there will be no license they persue that they won't get.

That's not completely out of the realm of possibility. Mattel seems to enjoy this collectible market and is turning out some great stuff. Don't see them catching up or passing the big dogs anytime soon, but if they bent their will to it, I'm sure they could make it happen.

here is pic of the prototype of ray someone sent me...you can see they clearly used Ackroyd's physic for reference :p

rayproto.jpg

The articulation looks so so.

M.

The outfits and accessories are worth far more than $25.

Easy. The packs alone are worth $25. The rest of the gear looks great too. Boots and gloves will be replaced. Suit is useable with new elbow pads.

But for the basic flight suit, pack, belt, and gear the $60 price is fine.

When all is said and done, each custom fig will cost between $150 and $200 depending on how detailed you want to get. That's a good price for an excellent custom figure.

Back