Neill Blomkamp's Chappie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great.

D9 is one of the best modern sci-fi movies.

Elysium was visually stunning but needed better writing and more time to tell it's story. Damon also did a poor job.

Hopefully his writing has matured and he sees where he went wrong.

I like that Neil's films feel like they could all take place in the same world at different times.

Way more excited for this than Interstellar.

I also enjoyed District 9 quite a bit, and also enjoyed Elysium though it had its flaws (Charlto was great as always). This looks interesting, and the director has such a cool, distinctive style and approach.

This looks very interesting! The style and design of Chappie looks great.

I loved D9, so anything with Sharlto Copley involved is pure win.

Trailer is out. Love the look of it...

Poster:

Chappie_1.jpg

That looks great man.

Ha - that freaky South African electronica duo's in it.. interesting. I didn't realize HJ was in this as well - cool, & he gets to use his OWN accent for a change. :yess: :lol

This looks great.

D9 is one of the best modern sci-fi movies.

Elysium was visually stunning but needed better writing and more time to tell it's story. Damon also did a poor job.

Hopefully his writing has matured and he sees where he went wrong.

I like that Neil's films feel like they could all take place in the same world at different times.

Way more excited for this than Interstellar.

Yup, Elysium was meh, but Krueger is all I need to watch in that movie.

D9 was fantastic all around.

I thought this was supposed to be a comedy. This looks way different from what I thought it was going to be. I didn't like Elysium at all and D9 was ok but this looks better than either one right now, hopefully this film delivers on what the trailer is promising.

Hmm, seems a bit cheesy, IMO. Can't remember the name but someone else posted a clip for an upcoming movie with the same premise ('bots gaining consciousness and people attempting to exterminate them before it spreads). Just going from the trailers, I found the other one more interesting and genuine.

Edit: Other movie is Automata.

Last edited:
Hmm, seems a bit cheesy, IMO. Can't remember the name (will have to find it) but someone else posted a clip for an upcoming movie with the same premise ('bots gaining consciousness and people attempting to exterminate them before it spreads). Just going from the trailers, I found the other one more interesting and genuine.

It was probably me, you mean AUTOMATA, With Antonio Banderas right?

It doesn't seem to be the same tone or even premise though, here it's unclear whether or not he gains self-awareness, but he's learning to act cool, and the tone seems to be comedic...

Ha, funny timing on that. Had to dig through the Age of Ultron thread to find your post, Gaspar!

Yeah, re-watching the Automata trailer, they're pretty different, indeed. I liked District 9, and just recorded Elysium, so will have to give that a watch, soon. Something about this one isn't grabbing me, but I'll give it a chance, given how good D9 was.

No matter how the movie will be... I strongly hope that somebody will release a 1/1 bust with light effects of this robot!!!!

Back