NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score man! Love the NECA 18" robo, I had one years ago but sold it off - big time sellers remorse now. Would definitely re-buy it if they re-released it though I know the SRP would be a lot more.

I did the same thing, heh. My first was one of the duds that didn't get the gloss coat so I sold it. It sold high, almost $120 if memory serves. Then, several months later I found a shiny one with a BIN of $115 and jumped on it. :D

Well I finally opened VG Robocop and it's a Beauty but he's missing a piece for the gun holster. I contacted BBTS about the problem, hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

yre7unah.jpg

There's a "shiny" version of the NECA 18" 1/4 Robocop? Mine is a sort of matte finish. I thought they were all like that?

So I Got a fast reply from BBTS for the missing part on VG Robo. They shipped the part out today..............and they charged me $0.01 for it but $7.39 for shipping:( I thought they would've taken care of all the charges since the figure came without that piece from factory.

So I Got a fast reply from BBTS for the missing part on VG Robo. They shipped the part out today..............and they charged me $0.01 for it but $7.39 for shipping:( I thought they would've taken care of all the charges since the figure came without that piece from factory.

That sucks man and I'm pretty sure they should have replaced it for free as its a faulty item

That is seriously LOUSY. Good thing there are other options out there...I sure as hell won't order from BBTS.

There's a "shiny" version of the NECA 18" 1/4 Robocop? Mine is a sort of matte finish. I thought they were all like that?

Yep my first one was dull as could be. I glossed it up but it still didn't look right. My second one looks nicey. :D

That is total bullshart! They should've sent you a different figure with a return shipping label in the box.

That is total bullshart! They should've sent you a different figure with a return shipping label in the box.

That's exactly what I thought, return this one and get a new one. I wasn't expecting another part to be sent and especially wasn't expecting to pay for shipping. Hopefully they send the right part but I'm still iffy.

Nice pics. A friend got me this as a gift but unfortunately it seems to be "battle damaged." The right chest plate has what looks like bullet holes. I didn't notice it at first because I thought it was part of the figure but after looking at everyone else's pictures mine is definitely messed up. I emailed NECA to see if they can do anything about it.

So I went ahead and pre-ordered the Deluxe Robocop with Jetpack and Cobra Assault Cannon figure today.

I ordered some others stuff and I decided to just throw this into my basket as well.

Any new pics of him yet?

Robocop and the first Dead Space Isaac Clarke are my two favorite neca figures. I was never crazy about the face on the neca robo and always kind of preferred the Movie Manics version. I finally figured out what bothered me about the face and or I finally realized how to fix it. The upper lip on the neca robo was huge. I sculpted the helmet down some and I'm happy with it now.

I just realized this picture does a piss poor job of showing it. :lol

8baac667-99dc-495e-8b02-82520a751894_zps8d507dfc.png

It's been said over and over that NECA can't get the Weller likness rights. Well, the same was said about HT and they just showed the most incredible RoboCop toy ever made.

So I hope at some point, NECA takes some of the profits from selling us the same RoboCop figure like 8 times in different paint schemes and finally gives us the 7 inch version of the Battle Damaged Murphy reveal Robo.

That is all.

(actually.....I just pulled the number "8" outta my butt to be a smart-ass....but it's actually true.)

1: First release with nose sticking out.
2: Battle Damaged with helmet still on and brown paint smeared all over.
3: Night fighter glow-in-the-dark.
4: Spring loaded holster with no nose sticking out. The best one.
5: Video game one. Not my thing, but hey, if you're into it.
6: RoboCop 3 version with Jet pack and blue tint, so also a Robo 2 version. Actually not bad...second best version.
7: Video game 2.
8: Video game 3......uh. OK.

ALL the same sculpt too.

Come on NECA....please give us the one we all want. You've seriously covered ALL the other bases, with the only possible exceptions being a severed torso from the post torture scene in RoboCop 2....or a blue tinted "clean" Robo with no mask on, also seen in 2.

But the piece de resistance would be a 7 inch version of the beauty that Hot Toys is giving us. PLEASE make it so!! (Blown up ED legs and a Cobra cannon all included in a box set would be the freaking ultimate nerdgasm...)

It's been said over and over that NECA can't get the Weller likness rights. Well, the same was said about HT and they just showed the most incredible RoboCop toy ever made.

So I hope at some point, NECA takes some of the profits from selling us the same RoboCop figure like 8 times in different paint schemes and finally gives us the 7 inch version of the Battle Damaged Murphy reveal Robo.

That is all.

(actually.....I just pulled the number "8" outta my butt to be a smart-ass....but it's actually true.)

1: First release with nose sticking out.
2: Battle Damaged with helmet still on and brown paint smeared all over.
3: Night fighter glow-in-the-dark.
4: Spring loaded holster with no nose sticking out. The best one.
5: Video game one. Not my thing, but hey, if you're into it.
6: RoboCop 3 version with Jet pack and blue tint, so also a Robo 2 version. Actually not bad...second best version.
7: Video game 2.
8: Video game 3......uh. OK.

ALL the same sculpt too.

Come on NECA....please give us the one we all want. You've seriously covered ALL the other bases, with the only possible exceptions being a severed torso from the post torture scene in RoboCop 2....or a blue tinted "clean" Robo with no mask on, also seen in 2.

But the piece de resistance would be a 7 inch version of the beauty that Hot Toys is giving us. PLEASE make it so!! (Blown up ED legs and a Cobra cannon all included in a box set would be the freaking ultimate nerdgasm...)

Unfortunetely NECA won't be making any unmask Robocop figures. So be happy with the HT one :)

Back