NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's too bad they are only doing Rocky and Rambo licenses only, no Cobra, Demolishun Man or Expendables.

Amazing! people want figures made from really bad Stallone films:gah:

Rocky and Rambo are the iconic Stallone characters, Cobra was a character that had one film and done, because it was terrible, Demolishun Man sucked and Expendables was average at best. That being said, if you liked those films am sure you'll get those figs one day. I would rather see someone do figures from the film Cliffhanger, know one ever talks about that film, I thought that was an excellent action adventure movie.

If someone wants figures made from the film, Stop or my mom well Shoot:horror then I'll know the world is coming to an end in 2012.

Last edited:
hey the films might have been bad per se but the character was cool, especially Cobra with the accseories and toothpick and with Expendables most would probably pick up the Strahan and Lee figures because they dont exist in that scale anywhere else and Stallone would be the beard figure so it gives it a unique look to him from other films.

Rocky and Rambo are the iconic Stallone characters, Cobra was a character that had one film and done, because it was terrible, Demolishun Man sucked and Expendables was average at best. That being said, if you liked those films am sure you'll get those figs one day. I would rather see someone do figures from the film Cliffhanger, know one ever talks about that film, I thought that was an excellent action adventure movie.

If someone wants figures made from the film, Stop or my mom well Shoot:horror then I'll know the world is coming to an end in 2012.

Cliffhanger was pretty good.

Maybe because it's garbage compared to Demolition Man.:dunno

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/SDCC11_Editorial_Rundown_The_NECA_Booth_139981.asp

Last in the case was Philly’s favorite son, Rocky Balboa! NECA has the first 4 films to draw from and promises these won’t be 7 inch statues. Rocky will be jam packed with articulation and detail with an emphasis on nailing those all important likenesses. Expect beat up and “clean” versions of every figure including Rocky, Apollo Creed, Ivan Drago and Clubber Lang (if all goes to plan). NECA even wants to make these figures in scale with each other, so the giant Drago towers over Rocky!

Thanks for those updates, I wonder when the first figures will be released?

On another note, did anyone get the HCG 1/6 Clubber Lang statue? It's been out about a month and I still haven't seen any pics of it.

Wow both pre and post fight sculpts of each character?That's just awesome!!!

NECA relies on reusing parts, you'll see multiples of the same figure with just slight differences, different hands and head most likely in this line, with the main body being the same except maybe paint.

im afraid i might get bored with my jakks figures if Neca decides to do every movie,they look so much better.

im afraid i might get bored with my jakks figures if Neca decides to do every movie,they look so much better.

Even if Neca does every Rocky movie I really doubt well see them do 10 -12 figures from each film like Jakks did. My guess would be 4 figures from each film. I think where getting why a head of ourselves here, the first series has to sell for the other films to even be considered, and Rocky stuff just doesn't sell well as of late. Don't know for sure but I think Jakks discontinued their series because of poor sells. Except for the Rocky freaks here, I hardly ever here anyone talking about Rocky where I live.

The JAKKS line will not lose value for character selection. NECA will not do Paulie or Mickey or Adrian, you'll get variants of Rocky and his opponents from the fights, which would be roughly 4 figures a movie which is a lot. Rocky training figures would be nice too.

Even if Neca does every Rocky movie I really doubt well see them do 10 -12 figures from each film like Jakks did. My guess would be 4 figures from each film. I think where getting why a head of ourselves here, the first series has to sell for the other films to even be considered, and Rocky stuff just doesn't sell well as of late. Don't know for sure but I think Jakks discontinued their series because of poor sells. Except for the Rocky freaks here, I hardly ever here anyone talking about Rocky where I live.

I had a real hard time finding the Jakks Rocky figures. I saw waves 1 and 2 only once. After that I only found some of the lightweights of the series at retail; the announcers, Spider Rico, etc. I'd say 85-90% of what I bought were through ebay and not retail. I finally finished my collection of those I wanted last month.

BB

most people just want Rocky in the American shorts.
I was surprised Jakks thought they could sell multiple Adrian's and Bridgette Neilson (sp?) .....and the meat was just insulting.

I'd love a Hot Toys Rocky1 in street clothes with hat personally...

I thought the meat was great...plus you get a butcher's coat for Paulie.

BB

I thought that meat figure was awesome, and Paulie's meat packing jacket was a great accessory. Those Jakks figs were great for the price and the fact that at that point, 2006, know body had ever made Rocky figs, I wonder if Neca will have any accessories with their Rocky figures?

Anyone know when the Neca Rocky's are going to be released?
Are these going to be available in stores like Target , Walmart and Toy R Us?

Back