NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a new Rocky III statue by Edinho Maga I plan on getting.

Attachment 423378 - I do not see the picture

37706215_1976949862362693_359617813557542912_n.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these pictures. I reposted the Rocky III statue, this one is very pricey because it's a limited custom.

yes I saw the picture of edinho, but it's too expensive for me ($ 800 + send if I'm wrong) with the ring it's beautiful

my question to neca : hello neca, in future projects still no rocky 2?
neca's answer : No more plans for Rocky. We decided not to renew the license
:slap:slap:slap

I don’t think Rocky sold very well and the last wave was mainly repacks to get a little last money from them.

I'm ok with what we got. I wish they had made the Rocky in training clothes, leather jacket or tiger jacket, and rereleased the battle damaged Rocky and Apollo set, but oh well.

I wonder if they'll have any interest in Rambo 5? A Cobra figure would have been cool too, but there's no chance in hell of that happening. I'd buy Demolition Man figures too. I would love Wesley Snipes/Simon figure.

I don’t think Rocky sold very well and the last wave was mainly repacks to get a little last money from them.

I know but wouldn't Rocky 2 figures basically amount to being repaints? I could be wrong, maybe their hair was different, shorts longer or something.

Last edited:
my question to neca : hello neca, in future projects still no rocky 2?
neca's answer : No more plans for Rocky. We decided not to renew the license
:slap:slap:slap

Im cool with that as todays prices would have been double the amount I paid for the Clamshell packaging of the original release!!! I don't feel like paying double for the same figure now that's it in a Ultimate Packaging.

I should have got these when I had the chance. I remember seeing them clog the shelves at TRU.

I know but wouldn't Rocky 2 figures basically amount to being repaints? I could be wrong, maybe their hair was different, shorts longer or something.

There would need to be new headsculpts, which would also mean an approval process, which as I know is not always smooth with Weathers, plus new molds. Not sure what the decision process was behind the figures they did make, but it seems like it wasn't ever really going to work out. I'm a bit surprised Rocky seemingly did better than Rambo who got ended with only one other figure really needed, Rambo 3.

I'm a bit surprised Rocky seemingly did better than Rambo who got ended with only one other figure really needed, Rambo 3.

Rocky did a bit better because NECA made some villains, and the Rocky Balboa figures were different enough to sell. Neca killed the Rambo line by essentially releasing the same figure with the same look 3 times, one with a video game paint job and another with a different head and making it an overpriced SDCC exclusive. Had they made the R2 an ultimate with all the accessories and two heads, skip the videogame version, they could have made a R3...maybe even a R4.

What surprises me about the Rocky line is that we didn't get any Creed figures.

Rocky appeals to a wider audience. It's no surprise the figures themselves sold better.

neca never had to redo rocky 3 and rocky 4 it should have gone to rocky II, now collectors who counted on this license is left with an incomplete collection! Too bad .

neca never had to redo rocky 3 and rocky 4 it should have gone to rocky II, now collectors who counted on this license is left with an incomplete collection! Too bad .

Well, it's not that incomplete. We got all the villains, two Rocky figures, and Apollo. There's a lot more we could have gotten, but I'm happy with what we got.

With all the money they saved on body reuse including the reissues, I wish they had at least invested in a new sculpt for either Rocky in street clothes or training sweats. Both being such iconic looks for him that I hate Neca never went for it.

Back