NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN44333.JPG

Neutral face looks good in this lighting, not ruling out the angry one being a bad photo/lighting.

DSCN44362.JPG

I actually think the non-snarl face looks better than it looked back in raw sculpt and 2-up form, very excited, might just get that one and use the M-60 and rocket launcher from the N2 figure.

Rambo-First-Blood-Part-2-NECA-Preview.jpg

TOY_FAIR_2014_NECA_FIRST_BLOOD_PART_II_7_INCH_RAMBO_01.jpg

TOY_FAIR_2014_NECA_FIRST_BLOOD_PART_II_7_INCH_RAMBO_02.jpg

DSCN75111.JPG

NEC0NC53504.jpg

DSCN75141.JPG

img0430jpg-536f21_960w.jpg

Last edited:
Maulfan I see Hot Toys and Sideshow pics from sdcc, did Blitzway or Enterbay post anything? I was looking forward to seeing something new in 1/6 or 1/4 for Rocky and Rambo this year.

Based on what I see HT doing, I don't see Rambo from them, they've talked it up for years, maybe when Expendables 3 comes out, maybe.

For now looks like NECA.

Like I said, the closed mouth portrait came out great and is an awesome Rambo 2 portrait, definitely want that figure. The snarl one looks bad which is a shame, the snarl First Blood portrait looked better, should have just built upon that one.

Once again just like with Rocky Neca once the prototypes are reduced in size all the great things about the figure are lost.

Really, I know the paint's not as nice on the final figure but I feel like the final neutral figure looks as good as the prototype.

Mainly talking about the head sculpt. With the new standard in great head sculpts I would have loved to see what could have been done with Rambo or Rocky likeness, to bad theres nothing at sdcc.

For the scale and price of the figure, I think the NECA portrait here is as good a likeness and representation of Rambo 2 as HT or Enterbay would give for their scales and price. It's just all relative. Nothing to the level of those other 2 will ever come from NECA but within the body of NECA work, Rambo 2 looks like one of their better efforts.

To me, this is the best Rambo to date.

DSCN44333.JPG

Likeness is there, attitude is there, sculpt isn't ruined by the skin material.

With the original First Blood, the transparent skin material ruined the sculpt showing well, then the 2nd First Blood figure suffered from the sleepy eyes NECA seems to give Sly figures.

IMG_2639.JPG

The eyes look great in the shot of Rambo 2 above, they actually have some emotion and intensity to them.

You're right on Neca's good for the price point, I was off topic and was really looking forward to seeing some higher end Rambo and Rocky collectibles in the coming year.

Rambo is not a very lucrative license, it's fortunate we've gotten as much as we have. I'm glad Enterbay did at least 1 figure since HT never revisited the character since their figures hit the quality of today, their best doesn't even hold up that good anymore but Enterbay's Rambo will last for a long time.

I have to get that Enterbay Rambo, it's still instock on the Enterbay site, not a good sign for future stallone figs, I was hoping that they would finally release Rocky III 1/4 but that doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

Hard to say if In Stock means anything with Enterbay. The BD T2 T-800 is also still in Stock there and a lot of places and it's regarded as an amazing figure and from a license that's very popular. It depends if Rambo was produced in large numbers so now they have excess or they just did one small run and now it's sitting on a shelf.

I got Rambo from Enterbay directly and stores like BBTS didn't get stock until almost a year later, so not sure what the problem was, that could impact sales too though.

It's an amazing figured, worth every penny if you can afford it.

Look at this pile of donkey ****!! You can tell Neca doesn't give a **** about Rambo by the way they posed him...SMH

This one looks good, But he doesn't come with the M60...WHY DO THEY ALWAYS **** UP THE ONE WITH THE M 60?!!!

What the f--- is this? Is this what the figure is going to look like? My search for a modern update to my Coleco Rambo continues....

Apparently the bow and arrow Rambo figure will be out in September and the rocket launcher verison later in the year.

I hate the way neca use this clear looking skin tone. It really stuffs up the look of the figure. We need a rambo with his black tank top. They should have just included the m-60, quiver and bazooka and inter changeable screaming head with the shirtless bow version.

I'm still happy that at least one of the figures looks good, but unfortunately it doesn't come with the M60, which is a shame because the previous M60 version from First Blood, wasn't very good either.

Back