NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And based on THIS from the same thread, I'm holding out hope for some of those P2 characters after all :lol

. . . he lies all the time on there. Just last month people were like "hey, you're doing Ali vs Superman figures, how about Batman vs Predator". It's completely logical and a nobrainer. Then he was all "CAN'T DO THOSE, NOT HAPPENING". Then they ****ing pop this past week and it's like, at the time of those tweets you clearly had those planned there buddy. He's done this with Planet of the Apes, 7" DC movie figures, everything. I just don't get. If you want to keep it a secret, ok, that's cool, we get it. Just don't respond to anyone's inquiries. You can be mum without lying to people.

So lets say at SDCC John or Kyle pop up, why the hell did he fight with fans that wanted it only months earlier and tell them "ohhh, it wouldn't do well, not happening"? :lol

I was excited about it until I looked closer. That Batman vs. Predator figure is just a recycled repaint of the Arkham Batman (same gauntlets and boots, not even like what he wore in the comic). All they changed was the head, emblem, and shoulder pad things.

Same laziness as their Scarface Predator from the Concrete Jungle game. They didn't actually make a whole new figure without body netting (like he appears in the game), they just recycled the Celtic and made a few changes. I think that's why they love their "reimagined" Kenner line so much. They can crank out all these lazy repaints of the movie Predators they hate so much.

It might be nitpicking to point out how they recycle parts, but NECA (I guess Randy) is the only toy company I ever see that openly criticizes other toy companies' figures on social media. What was the point of him bashing the LEGO-style Diamond Minimates or the Monsterarts Predator?

Now NECA does reuse, repaint and recycle a lot of stuff, but to be fair, that Alien Batman and Armored Predator Batman are all new sculpts/tools. People were saying they used Kratos' body for Batman and Superman, but they actually didn't. Both Batman figures are all new. Their Arkham figures have completely different armor and even if it were the same, those are 1/4.

So to their credit, they actually made all new Batman figures. The only reuse is the Joker Alien and Predator (which isn't the selling point of the sets anyway).

There's some new sculpting, but like I say, the gauntlets and the boots are noticeably recycled from the Arkham games. It shares some resemblance but it's not accurate or anything.
3ssCGov.jpg
FZdpnzd.jpg

I just don't see it. I mean yeah, it's not accurate to the comic it's based off of, but that figure is all new. Gauntlets, boots and all. What exactly did NECA reuse here?

IMG_6297.jpg

I just don't see it. I mean yeah, it's not accurate to the comic it's based off of, but that figure is all new. Gauntlets, boots and all. What exactly did NECA reuse here?

attachment.php

it's a forum where people say that HT Greyback, Neca alien 1 and EB galleria T2 have look like they step off the screen, what did you want?
they are bipedal and have cones on heads - they are batmen and they look absolutely alike.

That makes it even worse if everything is a new sculpt on it and it's that wrong. I bet they'll still sell it in packaging showing art from the comic as if it's the same.

That makes it even worse if everything is a new sculpt on it and it's that wrong. I bet they'll still sell it in packaging showing art from the comic as if it's the same.
So you're going to pass unless it's accurate enough?

As unreasonable as it may seem, I don't spend money on things that I don't like the look of. I'm a a big fan of these comics and I've had them since 1991. How did they arrive at this interpretation of what the helmet looks like?
JPHb6Mz.jpg

43ZD832.jpg
G23g3BM.jpg
6wP1wqP.jpg
S6pDIqq.jpg

You're not being unreasonable. I mean, you are right, it looks nothing like the comic art and is basically their own interpretation. Batman doesn't even have his three pronged gauntlet blades. My only argument was that it was all new.

I do think it looks cool as it's own thing though as a generic armored Batman, and hey, the helmet visor flips up!

IMG_6336.JPG

Woulda been cool if they made it closer to how he actually looks in the comic and maybe include a Bruce Wayne head that could swap with the regular costume too, but what are ya gonna do.

IMG_6335.JPG

EDIT:

Actually, if you look at his boots and gauntlets, it looks like those are snap on pieces that come off. I can see his blades underneath it and what appears to be the accurate blue boots underneath those mechanical, rectangular shin guards. Could be wrong though.

Back