NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's not comic book accurate. It would be better described as being inspired by the comic book. Still though, it's a cool figure. Neca usually does very well with Batman figures.

Another fan fiction figure that people will give the pass to, giving them excuses from ever making any real movie or comic based figures. Not cool to me.

And what's really strange is they made the Predator to go with that Batman accurate (with the combined P1 and P2 armor), but chose to do whatever they felt like with Batman.

Ooops - sorry
icon_redface.gif

Hah, that wasn't your fault. In any case I couldn't find a youtube clip that felt right as as response.

Isn't it amazing that Keaton owns that line forever no matter how many Batman movies are made.

Back then, when I heard that Keaton was going to play Batman, I was like, what??... the Mr. Mom and Beetlejuice guy?? But then I saw the movie in the theater and it was pretty cool. Campy, but cool. But of course, Nicholson as the Joker stole the show.

Sad news hearing that Bill Paxton passed away. So many great films like The Terminator & Aliens. Predator 2 wasn't so great but he will be missed.:pray:

20170226_145844 (1).jpg

I dunno i thought Predator 2 was pretty good actually and loved Paxton's role in it.

Paxton's role & the P2 design were fine. Here's just a few scenes that messed up the movie for me. There's plenty more. Also where did the P2 store the spear? It just casually appears in each scene.

You look at the scene where the pred shoots his "laser cannon" when they try and capture him in the meat warehouse. They end up using a bottle rocket for the "laser" shot effect.

The scene where busey's character gets cut in half by the disc, his upper half somehow disappears and all you see is his lower half slowly fall back and a literally a bucket of blood pours down and it's a bit too late.

The scene where the P2 gets shotgun blasted to the floor, Harrigan goes to tap him with the shotgun and you see the whole P2 body just bounce like a piece of rubber foam which it probably was but they could have at least weigh it down a bit.

Then you have the part where the P2 is hanging from the roof ledge, one hand on the disc and one on Harrigan's arm. The P2 can't figure out to just yank Harrigan off the ledge while holding on to the disc with the other hand. Instead, the P2 decides it best to activate his self destruct computer. Harrigan laying on his stomach then starts for the disc while supporting all the P2's weight while he's hanging on to just his arm mid air. What does the P2 weigh, 10 lbs?

Then you have the last scene where Harrigan jams the disc into the P2 chest. Suddenly, the only thing the P2 can do is yell & shake his head back & forth. It's doesn't occur to the P2 to knock or kick Harrigan out of the way given his size. I'll just stand here and yell and wait for this bad movie to finally end.

Then you have the last scene where Harrigan jams the disc into the P2 chest. Suddenly, the only thing the P2 can do is yell & shake his head back & forth. It's doesn't occur to the P2 to knock or kick Harrigan out of the way given his size. I'll just stand here and yell and wait for this bad movie to finally end.

I'll give you that. If I'm being stabbed in the stomach I'm not just going to flail my arms about - my automatic reaction will be to grab the arms of my attacker to try to stop what's happening.

It was a custom repaint that I did a while back.
i knew something was not usual in that picture! beautiful :) though it looks yellow on your last photos.

I'll give you that. If I'm being stabbed in the stomach I'm not just going to flail my arms about - my automatic reaction will be to grab the arms of my attacker to try to stop what's happening.
i dunno, you wanna check what you will do if you are heavily drugged after several gunshots to the stomach and losing a hand, so weakened that you cannot break a hand block from a human, though you threw them away as ragdolls before, even cannot raise your arm anymore, just breathe heavily - and then are not stabbed but literally get a giant disc that melts everything with its edges into your guts?

all those "fail scenes" are alright for people who don't take details into consideration and build their judgement on a 15 years ago watching, but not for you :)
like this:
[QUOTE="EndoT800, post: 9137993, member: 15257"] You look at the scene where the pred shoots his "laser cannon" when they try and capture him in the meat warehouse. They end up using a bottle rocket for the "laser" shot effect. .[/QUOTE]predator 2 gun has 2 barrels and 2 different ways of shooting, but no we'll call it a mistake, though we don't even know what laser means.
"here's another fabulous device (...) it fires rockets on wires", says (Hopkins?) on special edition comments, and yes it has a yellow-tail rocket in the beginning of the movie and in a slaughterhouse, similar to the one in his forearm armor. yet once it shoots with a wide blue plasma bolt from that moving part - into Keeze.

i knew something was not usual in that picture! beautiful :) though it looks yellow on your last photos.

i dunno, you wanna check what you will do if you are heavily drugged after several gunshots to the stomach and losing a hand, so weakened that you cannot break a hand block from a human, though you threw them away as ragdolls before, even cannot raise your arm anymore, just breathe heavily - and then are not stabbed but literally get a giant disc that melts everything with its edges into your guts?

all those "fail scenes" are alright for people who don't take details into consideration and build their judgement on a 15 years ago watching, but not for you :)

I'm not saying he should have been able to survive the disc in his stomach - I'm simply saying, if he can still move his arms at all (which he clearly could) then instinct should have kicked in - if someone is plunging something sharp into your centre you are going to reach for the weapon or for your assailants arm to try to stop them. The Predator didn't do this even though he was still conscious and in control of his body.

I'm not saying he should have been able to survive the disc in his stomach - I'm simply saying, if he can still move his arms at all (which he clearly could) then instinct should have kicked in - if someone is plunging something sharp into your centre you are going to reach for the weapon or for your assailants arm to try to stop them. The Predator didn't do this even though he was still conscious and in control of his body.
i'm not saying he should or shouldn't have been able to survive it either - i'm saying (and i'm sure, as i just re-read my post) that by that time he was so drugged and weak that he couldn't do anything except for cry, with brain no more working properly and body not able to react.
as for "instincts", well several years ago a person i know said that he was stabbed by people running by from a stair. didn't say anything about instincts, just pain signal that made him unable to make decisions. in my own experience all insticts make me do in a cut occasion is move everything from its source, not towards it. again, it was just a stab into a healthy stomach, not a giant melting rip into nerves already filled with bullets and full of drug.

these examples are not alone, as i see by googling:

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-feel-if-you-got-stabbed-right-in-the-stomach

"Robert Charles Lee, Printbroker, financial printer, non-practising lawyer
Written 18 Apr 2015
Back in my schooldays over 40 years ago, one of my schoolmates got stabbed right in the stomach like that in a shop robbery. He described it as being constantly whacked by a cricket bat in the same area.

He said it's just impossible to make any movement -- nothing like our wonderful stabbed heroes in the movies still able to chase the villain down three blocks and beating the crap out of him."

anyway everybody says it's very painful, and predators haven't been noticed for ignoring pain by silently doing what they did before. when they feel pain even from a small wound, they stop their business and cry loudly, like P1 on a tree patching up himself. what P2 went through in the end of the movie should have been much more painful, enough to stop all thinking or instincting.

Harrigan knocked the predator down before exactly by stomach hits from his gun. though he had to make plenty of shots before the predator lost consciousness, he (predator) definitely became unable to react from the first two. i guess the stomach wounds are a way to paralyze your reaction both in humans and predators.

=================

as for surviving, he was pretty much alive by the end of the movie, just knocked out. and, as his crewmates didn't show much worry during or after the fight, they might even patch him up later as they knew how resilient predator organism is. (they stand calmly in an open room that is opened to space and gathers radiation - and don't care, they don't have problems with surviving a neck break - so some guts can be just patched or grown back).

Paxton's role & the P2 design were fine. Here's just a few scenes that messed up the movie for me. There's plenty more. Also where did the P2 store the spear? It just casually appears in each scene.
He has the spear on the rooftop with Jerry's skull and spine. He goes to the slaughterhouse and kills Keyes' men with the spear then probably puts it down before he shoots that wrist rocket at Harrigan's body armor. We don't see it again until he follows Harrigan to the roof and throws it at him. Harrigan tackles him with it and it falls off the roof. What confused you?
You look at the scene where the pred shoots his "laser cannon" when they try and capture him in the meat warehouse. They end up using a bottle rocket for the "laser" shot effect.
The very same effect used in the first movie, mostly seen as he fires into the trees after Dutch shoots the exploding arrow in front of him and when he shoots through Blain. It's alien technology. We don't definitively know it's a "laser."
The scene where busey's character gets cut in half by the disc, his upper half somehow disappears and all you see is his lower half slowly fall back and a literally a bucket of blood pours down and it's a bit too late.
I'll admit we never clearly see how Keyes was killed because our view is obstructed by the hanging beef (probably done so to avoid the NC-17 they were gonna get for gore), but I think his head gets cut off and then his body collapses. The idea is it's shown in slow motion and he is decapitated so quickly by the disc the blood falls before he does.
The scene where the P2 gets shotgun blasted to the floor, Harrigan goes to tap him with the shotgun and you see the whole P2 body just bounce like a piece of rubber foam which it probably was but they could have at least weigh it down a bit.
You know Kevin Peter Hall was probably in the suit and if you push into someone laying on the floor with the barrel of a shotgun they'll move, right?
Then you have the part where the P2 is hanging from the roof ledge, one hand on the disc and one on Harrigan's arm. The P2 can't figure out to just yank Harrigan off the ledge while holding on to the disc with the other hand. Instead, the P2 decides it best to activate his self destruct computer. Harrigan laying on his stomach then starts for the disc while supporting all the P2's weight while he's hanging on to just his arm mid air. What does the P2 weigh, 10 lbs?
The Predator is holding onto to Harrigan's arm and the disc with his fingers. He doesn't want to fall. Sure, it could have gone either way I guess. Hans Gruber tried to shoot McClane instead of yanking him down. Arnold in End of Days yanked Satan out the window. Which movie was better to you?
The disc is stabbed right through him, maybe all the way into his spine, then Harrigan twists it and flings his guts after he says "**** happens." That's a death blow to end all death blows. Especially after 10 shotgun blasts to the chest and losing your arm. "Only a flesh wound?"

If these scenes messed up the movie for you, I don't know what to say. Seems like nitpicking to me. I think it rules and in many ways I like it more than P1.

. . . If these scenes messed up the movie for you, I don't know what to say. Seems like nitpicking to me. I think it rules and in many ways I like it more than P1.

It sometimes seems with P2 that some folks really wanted P 1.5 - more of the same and/or with Arnie.

I love P2, and particularly agree with your final comment. I've watched P2 WAY more times than P1 - way more going on, much more interesting plot, more insight to the species, better Pred design, more interesting characters (main and supporting) - I'll stop there (at least for now :) )

Love most anything Pred related (even SOME bits of AVP-R [hey - I said SOME :) ] ) - but so far, I think P2 is my fave Predator movie.

You are assuming that the internal organs are the same on a Predator as on a human.
It is clear they are not and that smart disk hit something very serious inside the Predator.

It sometimes seems with P2 that some folks really wanted P 1.5 - more of the same and/or with Arnie.

I love P2, and particularly agree with your final comment. I've watched P2 WAY more times than P1 - way more going on, much more interesting plot, more insight to the species, better Pred design, more interesting characters (main and supporting)
I used to watch both Predator movies back to back all the time as a kid and it wasn't until I was in my 20s on the internet I saw people didn't like P2. It seems to get retro hate from people who are younger or weren't even Predator fans back when it came out. I think if you go to different Predator forums, it's the fan favorite for the added lore, but common movie watchers don't "get it" not having Arnold.

I think it's the perfect sequel. You had soldiers in the jungle, then you have cops in the city. Stan Winston designed the suits again. Alan Silvestri does the music again. Same people wrote and produced it and appear on the behind the scenes DVD extras. When people bash Danny Glover being the star, they're bashing one of the best action/horror movies with a serious leading star who happens to be black, outside of Night/Dawn of the Dead or Blade.

Back