NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be nice to see NECA offer the others, I just wonder if they'll deem the costs worth it. The ALIEN and ALIENS figures coudl at least recycle a fair ammount of pieces, but A3 and AR would be unique. Do the AVP Preds differ really from the AR ones, in sculpt anyway?

It'd be nice to see NECA offer the others, I just wonder if they'll deem the costs worth it. The ALIEN and ALIENS figures coudl at least recycle a fair ammount of pieces, but A3 and AR would be unique. Do the AVP Preds differ really from the AR ones, in sculpt anyway?

As far as I know the only difference is in the lower legs and color scheme.

If it were up to me we'd do all of them. AVP1 I don't really care about and if we did I might do my take on those. I want the Queen and P2 most of all. A3 would come after that if it was up to me. We'll see. I was thinking we'd never do P1 and then we did. You never really know really.

Indeed, NECA is a very unpredictable company. With the Aliens, Predator and Terminator franchises, they seem big on doing figures that can recycle parts a lot over variants, but then stuff like Rob Zombie Halloween and Hannibal Lecter are one time use pieces.

I still cant believe you guys got the A/P license. I LOLed so hard. Its only because you've pretty much gotten every McF film license they ever had.

Not saying its a bad thing, glad someone picked them up when McF didnt do anything with 'em, but it's still kinda funny.

How come NECA didn't make any 7" sized Robocop figures? That was the biggest let-down from McFarlane - 1 figure! Why bother getting the license at all.

The more NECA does things McF once did, the more I feel most of McF was a let down. Their Sleepy Hollow line turned out really nice I think, their Michael Myers is overally better than NECA's from that movie, but other than that, most of their movie stuff looks like overly dynamic, unfaithful representations of the sources and not even the most accurrate sculpts. NECA gives you accurrate sculpts with more faithful pose choices, definitely a better company for figures that properly represent the films they're based on.

How come NECA didn't make any 7" sized Robocop figures? That was the biggest let-down from McFarlane - 1 figure! Why bother getting the license at all.

I remember they were thinking about doing an ED-209. :rolleyes:

NECA would kick ass. I'd want a Robocop, Battle Damaged Robocop, ED-209 and robo Cain.

I remember they were thinking about doing an ED-209. :rolleyes:

NECA would kick ass. I'd want a Robocop, Battle Damaged Robocop, ED-209 and robo Cain.

I know some would think he's boring, but I want a Clarence Boddicker figure really badly.

NECA does a great job with figures, even more so than Mcfarlane now. I have the AVPR figures and I must say for a 6 inch figure they are really detailed. If they do that well with 6 inch figures a 12 or 18 inch figure would be insane! Im a huge Predator fan so I will purchase anything they come out with that looks decent but if they come out with a larger scale version (maybe with electronic voice "what the hell are you?" or "want some candy?") I AM SO THERE!

i want a 1/6 scale predator 1 ,and a 1/6 scale T-1000 to go with my other 1/6 scale figures and model kits.
then i want the alien queen, predator 2, and sarah connor, dutch, and i will be very ,very, happy.

I just find it odd that NECA made an 18inch Robocop and no other scales. Proportions-wise their 18inch is the most accurate of all the poseable Robocop figure we've gotten (as seems to be the trend, NECA beating all competitors for accuracy) - but I would have loved to get some 7" size range Robocop figures from them.

The lack of a decent BD Robocop is annoying - McFarlane's 12" one didn't go far enough and the basic sculpt was incorrectly proportioned anyway. So what if Peter Weller doesn't want his likeness used - just make the Battle damage up to the point before he takes off his helmet. Most of his major damage was done by then anyway. It'd look fantastic.

They might not have gotten a license for a 7inch RoboCop. Sometimes that happens. They only release a specific scale.

Kyle, do you know what scales NECA's covered for with the Predator figures? I realize they might not make every scale, just curious if they even have the option in their license to branch into 12" or 18" scales if they choose to.

The more NECA does things McF once did, the more I feel most of McF was a let down. Their Sleepy Hollow line turned out really nice I think, their Michael Myers is overally better than NECA's from that movie, but other than that, most of their movie stuff looks like overly dynamic, unfaithful representations of the sources and not even the most accurrate sculpts. NECA gives you accurrate sculpts with more faithful pose choices, definitely a better company for figures that properly represent the films they're based on.

You want to know why, no Todd McFarlane to deal with. Also more B sculptors are put on you know the best stuff like Alien and Predator. It's also way more easy to just do your take on things. That might be why HT do their take on Predator and Alien. The sculptor might be giving one month to sculpt them when he or she needs two months.
Todd wants his best talent on his thing SPORTS. That was a big reason I left. Just think how it was being a huge Predator and Alien fan knowing I could do really good accurate sculptures only to watch them do what they did. All of the stuff was rushed and they didn't care at all about accurate sculpts. In the end they were still cool for your average fan. Some of us want a very accurate figure and we do our best to do that. Sometimes though you do have to give a little to get the figure finished. At NECA you have fans getting to do their thing most of the time. It's a good deal really.

Kyle, do you know what scales NECA's covered for with the Predator figures? I realize they might not make every scale, just curious if they even have the option in their license to branch into 12" or 18" scales if they choose to.

I think we got all that stuff but I'm not sure. I want an 18inch P1 so bad. Maybe we'll do it 14 but we'll just have to wait and see. In any case it was great to finally get to sculpt a P1. I can't wait to see the new Predators all painted up. I think you can never really do enough Predator figures. They're just so cool. I got the CM, HT and still bring on more. I do have the 14 inch McFarlane and it's a sad site really. If we can't do a better job on the paint we shouldn't even do this thing at all. Funny how the head looks so small now after the B guys bulked it up.

Back