NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so 7" is made for sure?
excellent. that's what i wanted to know. waiting for the figure in stocks.
...for three figures if they don't have replacing heads.

I agree with the idea of not having an opening control panel. That is because unless there is enough articulation to support that type of pose it is just dumb. Come on, who wants their Predator to be standing there in an action posed with the panel open?:lol

:horror
A opening Controlpanel was a very cool (movie accurate)Function.
This have nothing to do with the pose of the figure.
A Figure must have functions and articulation.

The McFarlane Scare Predator have this Function and the Hot Toys Predator, too.

I hope that make Tankman this Function to the bigger Version of the Predator(14" or 20").

I agree, I wish this had an opening wrist panel.

But, I'm still gonna love these anyway.

A little Accesoriy-Set for the 7" Predator was a very cool Idea.
With a Jungelbase, a tree and a bloody skull with spine .
You can make with this Set cool poses with the Predator.

I hope Neca make a Set like this idea.

Thanks Sabres.
I seen that I'm not lonely with my wish.

I can live with a missing open-function in the Controlpanel of the 7" Predator.
But, the big Version of the Figure must have this function.

Cool Details for a big Predator was a real, not sculped netting, 3 interchangeles Heads, a little light-up feature in the mask, a bloody Skull with Spine, a alternative Hand and a real loincloth like the Hot Toys was very cool.

What is with the real bands on the arms and legs of the Prototype ?

Are the new Predators anything like this?

AVPR_27.jpg

Please tell me their jaws are atleast like this...

haircut_predator.jpg

Would you really want to know? I can have Randy show me everything but why? Isn't best to wait and see what cool things will be in the movie? I was shown a few things and really all I'm thinking is I can't wait to see this movie. I hear some things have been painted up and everybody is way into it. Most of us at NECA are Predator fans. At first two of the guys were like they didn't know about the new movie. Everybody now seems to be ready to see it and it's way cool were getting to do cool things from the movie. For myself I don't want to know jack crap and wait and see the movie.

For now we have a super cool P1 and I'm hoping we can get a larger one made with cool articulation. Randy and I both would like to see the net be a seprate piece and just wait and see what will happen. As a huge P1 fan I'm pumped to see how this thing is coming out so far. Everything I've seen looks great. It's a dream come true for me and I hope it will be for most Predator fans. HT has a really cool P1 but for me it's not even close to looking like Kevin Peter Hall. I really tried to make ours look like Kevin is back and ready to kick some butt.

Thanks Sabres.
I seen that I'm not lonely with my wish.

I can live with a missing open-function in the Controlpanel of the 7" Predator.
But, the big Version of the Figure must have this function.

Cool Details for a big Predator was a real, not sculped netting, 3 interchangeles Heads, a little light-up feature in the mask, a bloody Skull with Spine, a alternative Hand and a real loincloth like the Hot Toys was very cool.

What is with the real bands on the arms and legs of the Prototype ?

We'll see what we can do if we do a bigger version of the figure. Cost is a very big deal with these Predator figures. Maybe we can do something that will cost more but you get more on the bigger figure. The smaller one were trying to get in the 14 to 15 dollar mark. I rather focus on other details than the wrist thing which is cool yes. Remember HT cost 169 dollars. You should get a lot for that cost. I own the figure and really like it. Man oh man I'd love the figure if it looked more like what I saw in the movie though. Still it's cool and I'm hoping for a big NECA Predator.

Are the new Predators anything like this?

AVPR_27.jpg

Please tell me their jaws are atleast like this...

haircut_predator.jpg

I don't see why there is a problem between either or? I know you are like a huge fanboy of the original Stan Predator but isn't diversity the spice of life? Maybe there are Predators living on the Predator planet that don't look the same. Like Asians, to African Americans to Caucasians and so on. In fact, I think that having every Predator look the same is kind of dull. Maybe one race of Predator has a wide ass mouth Like AVP-R and one race has a messed up mouth like AVP. Who really knows right? Same with Aliens. Why does the AVP and AVP-R Aliens have to look like the Aliens from ALIEN?

Now, my whole point is, does it matter if each Predator and Alien vary in looks? It is just diversity in the species of creatures.

Tankman, first off I want to thank you for talking to us about this stuff. I really enjoy reading your posts, and I love how they really do provide an excellent insight at how NECA works. Thank you for taking the time for doing this, you're the man! :rock

Second...If a 12 or 18 inch Predator is made, what features will be included? I know you're aiming for netting, but is there anything else you'd like to include?

I don't see why there is a problem between either or? I know you are like a huge fanboy of the original Stan Predator but isn't diversity the spice of life? Maybe there are Predators living on the Predator planet that don't look the same. Like Asians, to African Americans to Caucasians and so on. In fact, I think that having every Predator look the same is kind of dull. Maybe one race of Predator has a wide ass mouth Like AVP-R and one race has a messed up mouth like AVP. Who really knows right? Same with Aliens. Why does the AVP and AVP-R Aliens have to look like the Aliens from ALIEN?

Now, my whole point is, does it matter if each Predator and Alien vary in looks? It is just diversity in the species of creatures.

I for one am hoping to see something new. If the new Preds are supper Predators maybe they should look like something a normal Pred would think oh crap.
I didn't really like the Wolf at first because of his forehead. I've gotten to where I think he's right up behind P1 and 2 with being a really cool looking Predator. Just give it some time and see what the new movie will bring. Randy is a huge Predator 1 fan and he seems to be really geaked on the new Predators. For me I don't really want to know. Too many times the movie is spoiled now days. Just think if Aliens was a new movie now days everybody would know the Queen is waiting to be seen at the end. I remember crapping myself because I had no idea that was in the movie. I really miss those days.
The good news is there will be another cool freaking P1 figure. I'm hoping for the best figure we can put out. I can't wait to be holding this thing in my hands. It's been a very long wait but at last it'll be here soon.

Tankman, first off I want to thank you for talking to us about this stuff. I really enjoy reading your posts, and I love how they really do provide an excellent insight at how NECA works. Thank you for taking the time for doing this, you're the man! :rock

Second...If a 12 or 18 inch Predator is made, what features will be included? I know you're aiming for netting, but is there anything else you'd like to include?

Thanks and for me I'd like to go all out on a large P1. COST is the big thing though. My thing is I've gotten to where I like articulation. If we can keep that and have a great paint job then I'll be one very happy Predator fan. Everything else would be a +. I think a separate net would be something really good. Wait and see what will happen.

In fact, I think that having every Predator look the same is kind of dull
Stan Winston was the one who thought so.
and he made 2 very different predators but in one cool style. let somebody say that his preds look the same - or let somebody say that any of later "predators" can match his work.
but isn't diversity the spice of life? Maybe there are Predators living on the Predator planet that don't look the same. Like Asians, to African Americans to Caucasians and so on.
another difference exists in this world: would you like to see Denny DeVito as a Terminator instead of Schwarzenegger?
as for me, i don't want to see anymore adi clowns.
supper Predators
yeah, super shredder. a third movie for 3-years-old.

Last edited:

I think diversity in Predator looks is fine, just as long as the designs are nice. I didn't like the AVP Predators, especially demasked, very cartoony looking, didn't have the fearsome look of the P1 or P2, but I really liked Wolf, I thought the design and execution touched upon what the image of a Predator should convey.

I think diversity in Predator looks is fine, just as long as the designs are nice. I didn't like the AVP Predators, especially demasked, very cartoony looking,* didn't have the fearsome look of the P1 or P2, but I really liked Wolf, I thought the design and execution touched upon what the image of a Predator should convey.

*I agree with you. The AVP Predators looked like a cartoon, but they were also supposed to represent young Predators. Looking at young humans one could say they look almost cartoon like too. So I just saw it as Predator 1 and 2 were both adult Predators who were hardened bad asses while Scar was a young little guy.

Wolf was just a bad ass, I have nothing else to say about him.

I agree that the diversity is just fine. Sure you can still have your favourite(s) but it would be unrealistic if they all looked identical. Thats the Predators.
However I don't see that theres much of an excuse with the Aliens and the redesigns they've undergone throughout the films. Cameron removing the dome..OK maybe, maybe as they age they lose the dome...but Alien resurrection changing the shape of the head, altering the hands and feet, adding an extra leg joint, giving it a swimming tail!! That was all just too far considering these aliens, like the original Alien and like Cameron's Aliens, were all coming from human hosts - why would they look so different? And of course AvP took its cues from the Alien:resurrection design minus the extra leg joint. Again, not that I liked the extra leg joint in the first place, but why would it no longer be present in this case? Theres just no sense to the alien designs after Alien 3.

Tankman - even though you're the one sculpting these figures you react to them just like one of us - a fan who can't wait to get this new figure. Can't you just personally make any figure at any time, perhaps figures that would never see release to the general public? What restrictions prevent you and you alone from having the ultimate collection of figures that no one else can have?

Back