NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is with Neca Predator, Alien and Terminator Busts ?
Busts in a dynamic Pose in 1/6 Size (like a half 12" Figure).

-R Aliens have to look like the Aliens from ALIEN?

Now, my whole point is, does it matter if each Predator and Alien vary in looks? It is just diversity in the species of creatures.

It does matter about looks. Both AvP films had ____ty, really really ____ty designs. The Aliens looked so far off from any other Alien they started to look fake. The teeth were dopey, the costumes looked like rubber, the necks were HUGE. They were terrible. They dont have to all look the same...see Alien and Aliens...but atleast they kept some consistancy.

As for the Predators....wow. Fans have done better costumes then ADI did. Scar was so horrible, I cringed in my seat. Horrible. Wolf? Ugh. Just as bad. If not worse in some degree. Seeing is how everyone hated Scar's face, they didnt improve with the Wolf at all. The idea of the Wolf is cool. Scarred face. But they really dropped the ball on that one.

Would you really want to know? I can have Randy show me everything but why? Isn't best to wait and see what cool things will be in the movie? I was shown a few things and really all I'm thinking is I can't wait to see this movie. I hear some things have been painted up and everybody is way into it. Most of us at NECA are Predator fans. At first two of the guys were like they didn't know about the new movie. Everybody now seems to be ready to see it and it's way cool were getting to do cool things from the movie. For myself I don't want to know jack crap and wait and see the movie.

If I didnt read the script, I probably wouldnt want to see the movie. I've had it with Fox's constant ruining of my favorite films. So yes, I want to know everything before I shell out 10 bucks to (maybe) watch one of my favorite icons get lowered deeper, and deeper into the ground.

But I did read the script, and from that, I think it'll be great. So my only concern now is, are the jaws correct this time? Do they spred out a 100 feet in the wrong angle, making them look mentally challanged? Or are they mean nasty space hunters, like in Predator....?

I do not mind diversty. Look how different the Predator 2 is from Predator. Yet, they still keep the same jaw consistancy, and they still look real, and menancing. Unlike Scar, and The Wolf.

*I agree with you. The AVP Predators looked like a cartoon, but they were also supposed to represent young Predators. Looking at young humans one could say they look almost cartoon like too. So I just saw it as Predator 1 and 2 were both adult Predators who were hardened bad asses while Scar was a young little guy.

Well I can favor looking younger, I don't know if cartoony was the right words. There was just something almost clean and perfect about the AVP Predators, even the Elder. Their bare faces looked very puppetlike compared to the other movie Predators, I don't know if it was lighting differences in the movies or if the actual props weren't done as realistic and weathered looking as before. Wolf looks like he can exist in the same world as the ones from Predator and Predator 2, the AVP's just didn't have that same feeling to their look for me.

Watched AVP a couple of days ago and the Preds looked like body builders that bulked up just to bulk up, but got no definition.

I actually like the avp movie and the avp predators,
but i think celtic should have been the hero predator instead of scar.

I wish the P1 and Elder were going to hit stores first, but sounds like, tankman can correct me if I'm wrong, the new Predators will be the first to hit shelves.

Well I get that, we haven't seen the PREDATORS figures because I'm sure the designs are being kept a well guarded secret. They'll be sold first because there'll be people unfamiliar with the franchise who could end up buying them because it's a new movie that's out, and then after hte current movie figures are sold, then NECA'll start cashing in on the older ones with their new, larger collector base. It's a smart move. With each AVP, I'm sure some people who'd never seen P1 or P2 started to watch them and become fans. The old films will sell to people fine today, but adding more buyers by luring them in with figures from a fresh film is a smart business move. In a way, it's what happened already. NECA's first dive into these films were the AVPR figures, then we got ALIEN and ALIENS. Now they're doing the same with Predator figures.

whatever the final product good or suck
I won't buy any more NECA 6-9inch figures
come on bring us some nice 1/6 stuff

if the PREDATORS figures doesn't sell as much as they wanted, we won't able to see P1 P2 stuff???

I think they're pretty committed to at least putting out the P1 figure and Elder, as they've publicly shown it and all, but I suppose if for some reason Predators figures didn't do so well and the P1 and Elder sales weren't what they'd like them to be, they might scrap future Predators. From what Tankman says, the predators seem to be one of the more complex and costly figures for NECA to produce.

I think they're pretty committed to at least putting out the P1 figure and Elder, as they've publicly shown it and all, but I suppose if for some reason Predators figures didn't do so well and the P1 and Elder sales weren't what they'd like them to be, they might scrap future Predators. From what Tankman says, the predators seem to be one of the more complex and costly figures for NECA to produce.

It's been mentioned elsewhere that NECA has stated that there are about 9 other figures for them to work on before they get to Predator 2.

I think it's safe to say that the future of anymore Alien/Predator figures from NECA depends on the sales of these upcoming Predator/Elder/Predators figs.

I hope they do well enough to at least get the P2. I'll be happy with Elder and P1, but I'd be even happier to have P1 and P2 in the collection.

I was kinda on the fence about these because I love my HT P1 so much, but the more I look at these pics and read about all the work that has gone into them I'm getting really excited about picking up this Predator line.

Collect it because you like it. If money's tight, then ya, if you've already got the Hot Toys Predator, it's probably smarter to save even the $15 of the 7" NECA towards something you don't already have in your collection, but if you've got the money, nothing wrong with having multiples of something in your collection if you like it and these NECA figures are a really nice, inexpensive way to have cool representations of characters in your collection.

Back