NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they don't have anything there on-screen, so it's accurate. But the hole did confuse me as I thought something fell out/off too, originally. Maybe they found some visual reference that showed nothing there?

Did you guy see this pic NECA posted? Series 1 & 2 plust the Gorilla soldier 2-pack! The alt Gorilla head looks great and more distinctive than I thought it would, at first.

10460656_769091999819854_4985766478366014468_o.jpg

What a line up! This NECA line is shaping up quite nicely!

I just looked at the 3 I have open and there is a hole where the cartridge would go. None of mine have a cartridge.

I wish I had my lights.

Pure awesomeness in that picture!

Yeah, they don't have anything there on-screen, so it's accurate. But the hole did confuse me as I thought something fell out/off too, originally. Maybe they found some visual reference that showed nothing there?

Did you guy see this pic NECA posted? Series 1 & 2 plust the Gorilla soldier 2-pack! The alt Gorilla head looks great and more distinctive than I thought it would, at first.

10460656_769091999819854_4985766478366014468_o.jpg

Oh wow, cool. I see Zira doesn't have the fabric hem on her dress yet. The man catcher looks great and so does the backpack and sub machine-gun. It looks like Dr. Z is leading them in prayer.

So stoked for Series 2 and the Gorilla 2 pack! I will have to check my TRU this weekend to see if they have any series 1 in even though I have the whole set on order with BBTS. I want to get some extra Gorilla Soldiers.

Here are some of my gorilla's faces.

Neca really did an awesome job on Series 1! Looks awesome!

I broke down and picked up Series 1 at Toys Rn't Us today. Damn Dirty Apes!

Picked up my Series 1 Apes today. All are fantastic. I don't open them so
I will probably pack them in a box and store them away tomorrow! If I ever come across a second gorilla soldier I will by to display.

I went to my local TRU today and I was shocked that they had series 1! Picked up all 3. It seems Cornelius was the popular one over at my store. I got the last one. 3 Dr. Zaius left and about 10 Gorilla Soldiers left. I'm going to go back in a couple of weeks and crossing my fingers there are still some Gorilla Soldiers left to pick up. I'm going to open these bad boys up now!

Finally received my set from Entertainment Earth. I'm quite happy with the paint on them all so I won't be doing any switching at the local shops.

Even though I'm been fiddling with my sons Apes for awhile, it's nice to finally have MY set on MY shelf.

Alright all. Here's my review on Neca's Classic Apes Series 1! I got to say some of Neca's best work. Loving it and as a Ape fan I'm super happy. I can't wait to get Series 2 in and very stoked for Series 3!

Ryan

I really haven't been following this thread closely despite wanting to buy these figures.
Can some one please post the line-ups of the first 3 series?

Series 1 - Planet of the Apes
Dr. Zaius
Cornelius
Gorilla soldier

Series 2 - Beneath the Planet of the Apes
General Ursus
Zira
Dr. Zaius

Series 3 - Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Caesar
?
?

TRU Exclusive
Gorilla soldiers 2-pack

Last edited:
Series 2 is Zira, Ursus and another Dr. Zaius from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I would assume that series 3 is going to have Taylor and Brent in the clothes they wore at the end of Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Nova and two mutants with removable mask. Love to see Neca do the Atomic bomb and do a bloody variant figure of Taylor, but that's a long shot, would make for a great display piece.

Series 2 will have General Ursus, Zira and another Dr. Zaius. All 3 from Beneath and are up for order now. Series 3 so far the only one I know that will be in it is Caesar from Conquest which that's the one I'm most excited for.

Series 2 will have General Ursus, Zira and another Dr. Zaius. All 3 from Beneath and are up for order now. Series 3 so far the only one I know that will be in it is Caesar from Conquest which that's the one I'm most excited for.

That's disappointing if series 3 doesn't have all the great figures that could be made from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

That's disappointing if series 3 doesn't have all the great figures that could be made from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

There are still more series to go and much more to make. Don't worry Neca will get to them. They would be crazy not too.

There are still more series to go and much more to make. Don't worry Neca will get to them. They would be crazy not too.

I hear you, but how many times have you loved a line and thought that there would be many more series ahead, and then it just ended for whatever reason, I don't mean to sound negative, but nothing is ever automatic, I thought Neca would do Rocky II, but it never happened.

I hear you, but how many times have you loved a line and thought that there would be many more series ahead, and then it just ended for whatever reason, I don't mean to sound negative, but nothing is ever automatic, I thought Neca would do Rocky II, but it never happened.

True I hope they continue and keep making all of the characters but you're right. They have abandoned many lines like the Friday the 13th Line and even Rambo. They could easily do it here too but I'm just happy we're getting some Apes.

Back