NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the first two films are the only films from the original apes series that has all the great characters that would sell, like you said Conquest you could do Caesar but after that theres not really anyone left, I really hope they do all those great characters I mentioned from Beneath.

Btw does anyone collect the Medicom series of the original films? Those use to be considered state of the art, but compared to the new Neca line look silly, anyone know what scale the Medicom apes where?

For me the first two films are the only films from the original apes series that has all the great characters that would sell, like you said Conquest you could do Caesar but after that theres not really anyone left...

-Horses
-Three pack of Ape-O-Nauts with floating capsule (new sculpt Milo)
-Scientist Milo - with foot stand and banana
-Armando (new sculpt) with Chains for Caesar and anti ape poster
Slave Aldo (New sculpt) in Red Jumpsuit with broom and dustpan, garbage can and cigar
Orangutan (new sculpt) in Orange jumpsuit with various weapons.
Chimpanzee Lisa (new sculpt)- bottle of wine and blanket (exclusive)
Governor Breck (new Sculpt) with book of Names and video monitor showing Ape uprising
Macdonald (new sculpt) with electrocution bed
Ape Riot Squad officer in Anti Ape gear with riot shield and shotgun and visor
General Aldo - with burning torch
Virgil (exclusive)
Caesar statue
Law Giver statue

Accessories, diorama display, or Play sets:

-Sinking Icurus backdrop prop
-Slave wagon
-Ape Police HQ diorama with holding Cell, Anti human Poster, Ape flag!!! And burning torch (TV series)
-Ape House and Catwalk with net dropping action
-Stuffed Human with lobotomy on display for Ape Museum.
-Subway tunnel Backdrop
-Forbidden Zone Scarecrows
-Alpha Omega Doomsday Bomb with stairway platform
-Mini statue of Liberty Prop
-Burning City backdrop from Escape from the POTA
-Tree Prop with Little Chimpanzee Caesar Jr. from Battle POTA
-Rear school bus door with battle damage includes "No Apes Allowed" sticker and working LED "No Crossing" lights also from Battle for the POTA.

just to name a few. lol

Last edited:
Slave Aldo (New sculpt) in Red Jumpsuit with broom and dustpan, garbage can and cigar
Governor Breck (new Sculpt) with book of Names and video monitor showing Ape uprising
Virgil (exclusive)
Caesar statue
Law Giver statue

-Slave wagon
-Ape Police HQ diorama with holding Cell, Anti human Poster, Ape flag!!! And burning torch (TV series)
-Subway tunnel Backdrop
-Rear school bus door with battle damage includes "No Apes Allowed" sticker and working LED "No Crossing" lights also from Battle for the POTA.

just to name a few. lol

I want all of this to be made! Make it happen Neca!

True I hope they continue and keep making all of the characters but you're right. They have abandoned many lines like the Friday the 13th Line and even Rambo. They could easily do it here too but I'm just happy we're getting some Apes.

Me too, I'm liking this line quite a bit.

For me the first two films are the only films from the original apes series that has all the great characters that would sell, like you said Conquest you could do Caesar but after that theres not really anyone left, I really hope they do all those great characters I mentioned from Beneath.

Btw does anyone collect the Medicom series of the original films? Those use to be considered state of the art, but compared to the new Neca line look silly, anyone know what scale the Medicom apes where?

I just managed to complete the whole medicom series. These are around 6 inches tall. They are still great imo. Very detailed. Not as much articulation as the Neca but these have been around a very long time and I still enjoy looking at them once in a while on the shelf. Plus they have humans in the collection. For now Neca are only concentrating on apes.

-Horses
Virgil (exclusive) :pray:
Caesar statue
Law Giver statue

-Slave wagon
-Subway tunnel Backdrop

just to name a few. lol

That's quite a list, Sticks!

I think NECA is going to be offering figures from all the films... mixing them up as they fit. I don't think they are going in any particular order. Like you have shown, there is plenty of figures to do that is beyond the first two films. But I would also like to see them continue to dip into the first classic film for the length of the line.

Let there be MORE orangutans!

Just got my set. Love them, although I did have a QC problem with Cornelius's right hand breaking off right out of the box. Luckily my TRU still had another one on the shelf and I was able to exchange.

-Horses
Virgil (exclusive)
Caesar statue
Law Giver statue

-Slave wagon
-Subway tunnel Backdrop

just to name a few. lol

I like your ideas but the only one I would love to see happen is the doomsday bomb with stairway platform, a bloody Taylor to go along would be great. You have a great list for accessories, dioramas, and playsets, my question is, does Neca ever do these kind of accessories to go along with there figures?

Thanks Rocky1976,

I know that Neca has made a few items that have yet to see the light of day, i.e. the arm of Lady Liberty, so I know they can do it. I don't want a company that simply recreates what other companies have already done. To me Sideshow only scratched the surface of this license. I would like to see new companies making new-never released items instead of rehashing characters like a lot of them do. There are so many cool items that could be made for this line if only companies can see outside the box. I support Neca right now but if they could learn from companies like MEGO that gave us playsets, I think Neca could dominate the toy line. This is the perfect scale for dioramas and playset environments. If Randy or Neca are listening please make this so. Great job on wave 1!

Thanks Rocky1976,

I know that Neca has made a few items that have yet to see the light of day, i.e. the arm of Lady Liberty, so I know they can do it. I don't want a company that simply recreates what other companies have already done. To me Sideshow only scratched the surface of this license. I would like to see new companies making new-never released items instead of rehashing characters like a lot of them do. There are so many cool items that could be made for this line if only companies can see outside the box. I support Neca right now but if they could learn from companies like MEGO that gave us playsets, I think Neca could dominate the toy line. This is the perfect scale for dioramas and playset environments. If Randy or Neca are listening please make this so. Great job on wave 1!

Yes, Mego was the last company to do POTA playsets but that was back in the early 70's, love to see the spaceship from the original film in the size of the 89 batmobile that would fit the figures with a accurate interior and the Beneath bomb setup, but to be honest all your ideas and the ones I would love to see aren't going to happen, just a collectors dream, but that's the fun of the collecting hobby, to have hope. Hot Toys with all their great vehicles and accessories gave you hope, but their high end, at this price point I doubt Neca would do any of the things you and I mentioned. Mcfarlane is doing some awesome things with accessories right now, so maybe there's hope for the future.

I hope Neca is able to advance their POTA figures to be able to both kneel and go prone.

Check out the updated picture of the Gorilla 2pack.

Everything looks great. The bayonet added to the rifle makes that gun unique and the straps for the backpack blend nicely with the tunic. The head sculpts seemed to have lost their individual expressions. I wonder if this is something they will take care of when they paint them. It would be nice if they made that widows peak pop a little.

I get my case from BBTS tuesday, I can't wait. I also want to get the gorilla 2 pk asap.

Back