NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well. I would have had them on Friday but I guess I had the PILE OF LOOT option on. lol

Dr. Zira is coming along nicely and is reported to have great articulation. Here is an updated photo:

For those Freaks that enjoy reading Michael Crawford's toy reviews, one should be up in the next week or two. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
i would buy the hell out of a Return to the Planet of the Apes animation style repaint line of these.

Actually, I bumped it up due to all the interest, so I'll be checking out the first three tonight...

Oh Excellent, Thanks Michael, I hope you have fun. :lol

While I wait for Cornelius and Dr. Z to arrive I had to open another gorilla. I had them strike some quick poses.

neca RTed me so maybe a possibility? be cool i think.:yess:

"@NECA_TOYS i would buy the hell out of Return to the Planet of the Apes animation style repaints of your gorilla soldiers, just sayin..."

Hey Sticks...

You really need to let your lawn grow a bit more, just another few inches and your grass would be cornfield height!

Thank you guys. I have been away for the weekend, I'm sure it has grown some more. I'll try to get some more shots tomorrow. Jom by any chance did you get any of these figures, are you planning to? I know you wanted to wait to see if the do Taylor. I think we will be getting one. I have my fingers crossed.

Here is the latest News for Series II, and III.

"Just this past Monkey Monday, NECA dropped a teaser image for some of the upcoming figures in their Classic Planet of The Apes Series 2 and 3.

In the images I can see Zira (not fully built) and a partially painted Dr. Zaius, along with a partially painted General Ursus. I don’t recognize the unpainted ape with the sleeveless arms next to Zira. Though, I am guessing he’s from the sequels. We can also see in the picture some Gorilla Soldiers (again partially painted), one of which is chomping on a cigar! The Gorilla with the cigar also looks to be brandishing a shotgun; a weapon that we have not seen in this line as of yet. We also get a sneaky look at the Dog Alien from Alien 3 behind General Ursus.

At this time we know that Zira, Dr. Zaius and General Ursus will be in Series 2 and that there will also be a Gorilla Solider 2-pack.

I have to say if the first series of Classic Planet of The Apes was anything to go by, these will be nothing short of amazing. Series 2 is expected to be released sometime later this year and I don’t think Series 3 will be too far behind with a release early next year. If interested, you can currently pre-order Series 2 here." https://www.actionfigurefury.com/neca-classic-planet-of-the-apes-series-2-and-3-teaser/

Is that Julius?

Last edited:
Looking at the legs it might be Julius... which would be AMAZING! He is HIGH on the list of figures I would LOVE to see them do!

The only other ape that I could think of that has exposed arms would be Dr. Galen. But NECA is not gonna go THAT deep... are they?

Well looking at his boots I would say that he is a gorilla, so I am going with Julius. :)

Who had the shotgun, I thought that didn't come in until Conquest?

I wonder if the gorilla from the two pack standing to the left has Julius cigar in his mouth. I don't remember any other gorilla smoking a cigar.

TRU stores are carrying this line in case anyone was wondering where they were being sold.

Series 3 needs to be a couple of mutants with removable heads, Brent, Taylor and Nova from Beneath.

Back