NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9720.JPG
IMG_9710.JPG
IMG_9714.JPG
IMG_9711.JPG
IMG_9715.JPG
IMG_9708.JPG

Thanks for the pics, Protozaius....they look great.

I see what you're saying about Cornelius looking a little too angry (or at least stern) but he still looks good. Gorilla soldier looks the best of the three, but I like/want 'em all!

I'm going to make a dio of cornie & ziras home. Or atleast the outsides of the village houses for a display for all of them.
Neca did a nice one at sdcc

Wow, they look very impressive, can't wait for mine to arrive. If Dr.Z, Zira, and General Ursus are Wave 2 Where does Caesar fit in, Is he an SDCC exclusive?

looks like wave 1 of the DOTPOTA figs will get a re-release. happy cuz i need a caesar but the prices on aftermarket have been rising.

Wow, they look very impressive, can't wait for mine to arrive. If Dr.Z, Zira, and General Ursus are Wave 2 Where does Caesar fit in, Is he an SDCC exclusive?

The figure is labelled as being part of Wave 3 which is coming 2015.

I don't like posing Cornelius with the scroll because, with that angry expression, it looks like he's about to pound some ape with it.

And he is a pacifist.

Found these today at TRU. I actually have a set coming online, but I couldn't pass up getting to check the paint apps. I'll end up with three Gorilla soldiers, which is perfect. One with the gun, one with the club, and one to find a horse for!

They are SO well constructed. They are incredibly poseable and seem really expressive. Amazing detail, paint and sculpting combine to make these some of the most impressive figures NECA has put out, I think. I hope these are incredibly successful because I'd love for the line to just keep going and going. We definitely need some humans in this scale.

Some quick pics on my desk:

10492531_10103934361874080_2852679498317289974_n.jpg
10525719_10103934361968890_8995647931651921078_n.jpg
10527388_10103934362093640_3449565654607277068_n.jpg

got my gorilla soldier today, simply love it.

I got back late tonight and I had a box waiting for me, my gorillas arrived!
These Gorillas are amazing. Their eyes look eerily lifelike. Great articulation! I think the hand joints need to be a tad longer to maximize the wrist joint. I am very happy with these gorillas.

Here is a shot to show detail and scale difference.

Solo in a conundrum

Boy, Sticks... You DO like your gorillas!

As for Han's odds... gorillas have NO problem shooting first.

any word on a Taylor figure in the 7" plastic scale? NECA clearly has likeness rights for Heston (the doll they are making etc). Somewhat surprised I haven't heard anything about an actual 7" plastic figure. Maybe I've just missed it? NECA Apes line looks great so far.

Back