NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. It'll probably be worth at least double that in a couple years.
You're probably right unless some other company gets the Pacific Rim license in the future and puts out comparable stuff. If the market doesn't get flooded, people will be hunting for this stuff once it's gone. I recently saw how much Neca's Schwarzenegger Conan figures are fetching. No alternatives.

Yep and see what Hasblo's Cloverfield toy commands on the Bay. NECA oughta grab a piece of that pie.

Wow, that ugly Cloverfield monster sure goes for big $$$ now!
I remember when Hasbro online was getting rid of them for $99 or less.
I wish I would have picked a few up to flip.

Wow, that ugly Cloverfield monster sure goes for big $$$ now!
I remember when Hasbro online was getting rid of them for $99 or less.
I wish I would have picked a few up to flip.
Getting rid of them for $99? That was retail.

a7aa684fee5e2403f3b83e6b15757b85.jpg

With a metal peg and some epoxy glue, my cherno stands proudly again.

Looks like striker eureka has started shipping! Anyone has any on hand pictures of this baby?

This looks like final product photo from Action Figure Fury. I have no idea where to put him, but he looks too gorgeous not to get.

NECA-18-inch-Striker-Eureka-Action-Figure-002.jpg

Edit: removed the other pics as I learned that they were from the old protos.

I need a review on this guy! Also, any news on the next 18 inch yet? Hope to get crimson.

One quick question. I saw the review on cejaman's channel and notice the scissors blade hands overlaps each other. You can fold it up on the arms correct? Any loose joints similar to cherno?
Any fix?

One quick question. I saw the review on cejaman's channel and notice the scissors blade hands overlaps each other. You can fold it up on the arms correct? Any loose joints similar to cherno?
Any fix?
Yes they fold up.

As far as loose joints... mine has a loose waist and loose torso. So much so it was a royal pain in the ass to get him to stand without leaning back. I had to shove a piece of cardboard wedged between the waist and torso to get him to not lean back so far. He still leans back a little bit though but not noticeable really. The other thing is that the crotch is not lined up correctly with the two square pieces that connect to the legs so the crotch is slightly tilted to the left. The only way I could get it to look decent is by spreading the legs out... which also helps the leaning thing as well. You can see all of this in my pics if you look closely. Oh and the fins... could not get those in by hand no matter how hard I tried. I even tried trimming the inside area and the connection part of the fins and still couldn't. I ended up getting 2 towels which I folded up a couple of times, laid the figure facing down on the floor on top of the towel, got the other towel, got my hammer and hammered them in on top of the towel as to not damage anything and they went in (along with some patience). I am not telling anyone else to hammer them in so if you do and break something it's at your own discretion.

Anyway this had to be the most pain in the ass Neca figure I've ever had. Be patient with posing him too. If you can't get him posed so he stands without falling try spreading the legs out. It looks cool that way too.

Jay

Probably you should have tried the hair blower to heat up the joints. Hammer seems a bit too drastic.

YEah, that's what I thought when I watched Cejaman's review. Heating the holes where the pegs for the fins are supposed to go in using using a hairblower could have made it easier to get the pegs in.

Heated up the body, not the fins. They slid on like butter.
Hair dryers and Neca are best friends.
Oh, and this guy is amazing. Please please, please make crimson typhoon.

Back