NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! I've heard that it is good. I'll check it out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's better than good. I have all 3 cherno, knifehead and gypsy. Did some inspections during pick up and its still sitting in its box for the time being. I don't know how to keep em in the detolfs.

I planned to pick up Karloff because we have nothing of him but I didn’t know these odd little figures were from the movie.

DSCN67303.JPG

B9ZBlGnCIAAxWQD.png large.jpg

I think so I was hoping to see some new Kaiju. They have said there are 5 more Jaegers and 3 more Kaiju “In the works” but who and when I don’t know.

These are being sold as a set and have Comic Con on their sign. Sucks I only want Karloff :(

Hey guys, if you own the 18* Cherno Alpha, best give the figure enough support to carry the weight. I had mine displayed on a shelf (for about a month or so) with 18* Gipsy and while it can hold a striding pose well thanks to the ratchet joints, I noticed that the legs itself started to warp a little. I decided to stretch its legs fully (as in straight-legged standing pose) and I'll keep it that way from now on to have a more balanced weight distribution. This guys's really top-heavy!

Well, my 18* cherno alpha gave way and tumbled down from the top of my detolf. Broke both feet pegs. :( Take care of your cherno

Mine happened like a few weeks back. So I just added on to what michael mentioned.

For those waiting on Otachi in the UK I have just received a message saying there has been a further delay and is now expected in stock around the 13th to the 20th of March.

Reasons given were the Chinese new year on top of the recent port strikes in china.

Just finsihed unboxing my Otachi. Took me about 20 minutes. Why do they have to use so many ties?

What an amazing figure. So much detail. Very articulated. Easily my favorite PR figure. I chose to put in the optional tongue. Not an easy task either. I had to pry out the standard one with a screwdriver. You have to be careful not to rip the jaws off by accident. The tongue has to go up towards the roof of the month, not out.

Just finsihed unboxing my Otachi. Took me about 20 minutes. Why do they have to use so many ties?

What an amazing figure. So much detail. Very articulated. Easily my favorite PR figure. I chose to put in the optional tongue. Not an easy task either. I had to pry out the standard one with a screwdriver. You have to be careful not to rip the jaws off by accident. The tongue has to go up towards the roof of the month, not out.
I use side (diagonal) cutters or even nail clippers for all those pain in the a s s twisties.

Agree. To me this should be a $40.00 figure.

Funny, I was just going to post my thoughts on this as mine arrived today.
It's the best neca kaiju just yet... But..... My leatherback is actually bigger without counting the tail and he cost me 20 bucks.??
Yea this has more articulation... But.. It's not 3.1/2 Times the figure and shouldn't be 3.5 times the price.
Yea.. It really should be 40, maybe 45 bucks.
How in the world did they come up with the msrp?

I thought this was going to be so much bigger.. Like 1/2 the size of the 1/4 scale knife head, since it's half the price.
Dam... I only paid 99 for knife head.

So, Yea it's beautiful, but the price is nuts

So after a day with it, I took the tail off just to, again do some comparisons with the other 25$ kaiju.
I'm so angry...
Sculpting... Simply astonishing
Paint apps... Some of Neca's best.
Articulation.... Very good.

But, and it's a big hold the phone but..
I'll change my comments to.. Even with the above mentioned, It's a rip-off.
Sorry, I love Neca, I support Pacific Rim in all things.
I buy more to help assure future releases.
But this thing is actually tiny without the tail, and thin, and light weight.
For the money paid... Its actually in rip off category.
And I take no joy saying it.
Sigh....

Taking a $25 kaiju and adding a tail... Quite nice tail in fact, but still just a tail.
And charging 3-4 times the price was a crime.
When you think about the 20 inch tall slab of plastic known as cherno alpha, with all its lights, it's paint apps, it's massive weight, it's almost a small child size... All for $99..and this thing was 3/4 the cost of that????
WTF... 2 of cherno's legs have more in them than this...
Yes, I'm bummed I paid retail.
It's worth, 39$.no more.

At that price it's a five star piece of perfection.
But the nutty price took what should have been a seller release, and made the buyer feel like they got taken.
Shame... Wait till they go clearance, then grab her cause she's a beauty no doubt,
But with shipping I paid $80 for this... My bad.

So after a day with it, I took the tail off just to, again do some comparisons with the other 25$ kaiju.
I'm so angry...
Sculpting... Simply astonishing
Paint apps... Some of Neca's best.
Articulation.... Very good.

But, and it's a big hold the phone but..
I'll change my comments to.. Even with the above mentioned, It's a rip-off.
Sorry, I love Neca, I support Pacific Rim in all things.
I buy more to help assure future releases.
But this thing is actually tiny without the tail, and thin, and light weight.
For the money paid... Its actually in rip off category.
And I take no joy saying it.
Sigh....

Taking a $25 kaiju and adding a tail... Quite nice tail in fact, but still just a tail.
And charging 3-4 times the price was a crime.
When you think about the 20 inch tall slab of plastic known as cherno alpha, with all its lights, it's paint apps, it's massive weight, it's almost a small child size... All for $99..and this thing was 3/4 the cost of that????
WTF... 2 of cherno's legs have more in them than this...
Yes, I'm bummed I paid retail.
It's worth, 39$.no more.

At that price it's a five star piece of perfection.
But the nutty price took what should have been a seller release, and made the buyer feel like they got taken.
Shame... Wait till they go clearance, then grab her cause she's a beauty no doubt,
But with shipping I paid $80 for this... My bad.

Don't feel bad I also paid retail for this over priced pastic.

Yea.. I'm so bummed.
The more I look at her, the beauty of the figure just gets overlooked because of its insane price.
At 40 bucks I'd be gushing all over it.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It'll probably be worth at least double that in a couple years.

Back