NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm worried my 18" knifehead is waiting for me at my lcs. I'm gonna try and see if they will just put him on the shelf even though I ordered it.

My F.Y.E. store has had two 18" Knifehead figures for over a week and they are just not moving. It looks like we could see a steep drop off in price and that's when I'll swoop in and order one. I hope NECA doesn't take it that there's no interest in 18" kaiju, because there actually is...just not ones that are loaded with QC issues and fragile as a China Doll.

I hope neca drops the license altogether.

That's a negative, this is one their priority license at the moment since they're making money out of it and there is a high demand. No one is forcing you to buy them if you're not liking the end product.

Got my Scunner today at TRU for only $19, I love using them coupons. Well he's pretty much a retool of the previously released Kaijus, but I love the headsculpt on this one, it looks crazy also the paint apps on him looks pretty great especially the tattoos. :wink1:

That's a negative, this is one their priority license at the moment since they're making money out of it and there is a high demand. No one is forcing you to buy them if you're not liking the end product.

Got my Scunner today at TRU for only $19, I love using them coupons. Well he's pretty much a retool of the previously released Kaijus, but I love the headsculpt on this one, it looks crazy also the paint apps on him looks pretty great especially the tattoos. :wink1:
Where did you find that coupon?

I know. It's just wishful thinking. I don't care if NECA has it so much as I want someone else to pick it up. Bandai ideally. I'm glad we are getting sideshow statues for now at least.

People are buying because Pacific Rim is awesome and because NECA has zero competition at the moment. I'm not sure how their licenses are working in terms of exclusivity, but I know them dropping it would up the chances of another company picking it up. Ideally a few companies would have it for similar scales so that competition could really thrive. Overall though, I am just done with NECA stuff. Gotten too excited about too many things only to be disappointed. Everyone's 18" knifehead falling apart out of the package was the final straw for me. Was really hoping that would be a great figure.

I'm also offended that there is no release or even an announcement about otachi.

I had bought everything from NECA up until the last wave, but sold it all. Just too many issues. Kept my 18" gipsy for now, but think I will sell that too when the statue comes out. Stupid right knee won't hold any pose really, buckles under and sort of pressure. Shame because the figure looks nice, it's just useless when it comes to posing.

Picked this guy up yesterday. Pic I took and edited.
image.jpg

EDIT: This just got featured on NECA's FB page? Sweet.

10574377_936481879710813_4223375741446741660_n.jpg

A LA PINCHE MIERDA! NO SEAS MAMON!

Holy ****ING ****!

I see Gipsy 2.0 with Plasmacaster, boatsword, 3 new hands, A ****ING PROPER Battle Damage Gipsy, Romeo Blue <3 without feet, Tacit Ronin (looks really slim) and HORIZON BRAVE! it's my least favorite Jaeger but after seeing this and his massive size I WANT IT NOW!

I'm so excited that almost can't type correctly in English

Where are the "new kaijus"?

Well, actually there isn't more Jaegers to make (Brawler Yukon doesn't count because there isn't 3D models of it) but I will buy every of this 7" Jaeger

Finally! Skipping the 18” line but wanted to carry on with the smaller Kaiju. Looks like I can keep going now.

Back