NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18" Knifehead is in stock at toyrus.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to cancel my preorder, from that video review it's clear that it has way too many QC issue to justify the price. The guy barely tested the articulation on the leg and it fell off, and now it's loose. The jaw coming broken is a huge red flag, a figure this expensive should not come broken. Here's hoping the 24" Godzilla isn't anything like that.

I tried to cancel my order for 18" knifehead but couldn't since I ordered through previews at my LCS. So, I'll have to pick it up when it comes in and just throw it on ebay immediately. Only saving grace is I get a 25% discount on it from the store, so I should be able to sell it at a discount and still get my money back after fees and garbage.

I went ahead and bought one. Don't want to wind up in another Cloverfield pickle!

Yeah it's a valid concern that there just won't be anything better made. No guarantee that xplus or bandai will ever buy the license.

I went ahead and bought one. Don't want to wind up in another Cloverfield pickle!

Maybe in 2 years NECA will find some in their warehouse and send them to EE and BBTS to liquidate, just like Hasbro did with Clover. I was so proud that day when I git him for cheap.

Maybe in 2 years NECA will find some in their warehouse and send them to EE and BBTS to liquidate, just like Hasbro did with Clover. I was so proud that day when I git him for cheap.

I scored a Clover the same way, from EE back at Christmas 2011. I went ahead and bought an 18" Knifehead from TRU. Had to have it to go with my Gypsy Danger but I am very curious to see what I get in terms of QC on this figure.

A member over at Toho Kingdom received his 18" Knifehead and guess what? Yup, broken jaw and the leg fell of and he can't get it back on, sound oddly familiar?

Just picked up the 18" Knifehead. The thing is massive. It is hollow but not light, although lighter than expected. Only proble is the tail keeps falling off. I have to find a spot, then put him there, then put the tail back on. It can easily fall off though. It most definitely is delicate at the joints though. Beautiful piece but worth $150? Nope.

One other thing, when I got the the store to pick him up, they had two. The one he was going to give me I had him open because of all the problems I have heard about. And yes, that one had the leg not attached. Many are saying they fall off after the fact but this one was in the box like that. It also has the tail not attached to the first segment (you have to attach the two segments which are supposed to be together to the body). I said no way with that one. We opened the second one and it looked fine which is the one I got.

Now where the heck do I put this beast? lol.

Jay

Another member on Toho Kingdom also got a dud. His has jaw issues, light issues, and leg issues. NECA screwed the pooch on this one.

I can't believe I locked myself into buying this. So stupid. I won't even be opening it when it comes in. Going straight to ebay and hopefully I don't lose too much money for my stupidity.

I can't believe I locked myself into buying this. So stupid. I won't even be opening it when it comes in. Going straight to ebay and hopefully I don't lose too much money for my stupidity.
You are not stupid for expecting a product to not have defects and not fall apart. They are expected to be correct. To go through some quality control, and to be engineered & designed so they look and operate as advertised.

I actually regret getting mine. $150 is too much for this figure. It is not worth it even without the defects. Should have been $75/$80 tops. They really should have made the tail bendy instead of ball jointed at 3 segments. If it was bendy not only would it look so much better, but it would not fall off and I would be able to bend it up so I could fit it somewhere easier. The stupid tail sticks out so far. Only bends so much before it falls apart. I'm going to take the two segments off so I can fit it closer to my wall to fit on my end table without it sticking out 2 feet. It'll look like the tail is going through the wall. Oh well. Falls off anyway.

Beautiful figure, cheaply made & improperly designed. Neca fail.

Sorry to hear about Knifehead. In happier news, we're getting a sequel in 2017. Hopefully NECA will keep the line going strong in the meantime, give us some of the bigger Kaijus.

Back