NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, HT won't be making this. If there'd be a higher-end company who'd make figures from this franchise I can see only ThreeZero/ThreeA doing it, and at a minimum of $500 a piece.

Damn... I wanted some 1/6 Jaegers and Kaiju. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

What? You know 1/6 Jaegers and Kaijus would be bigger than your house, right?! :lol

I have a feeling that the 18 Knifehead will be hollow and need some assembly similar to the Spider Gremlin. Notice the box looks smaller than the actual figure and there's no window. Also the ED-209 is hollow and doesn't come in a windowed box (although it was fully assembled). Jay

Knifehead might come packaged the same way as NECA's 18" Alien figure -- requires some assembly, which is simply popping in the limbs. If NECA makes an 18" Crimson Typhoon (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NECA! DO IT!), I can also see them going that route.

Damn... I wanted some 1/6 Jaegers and Kaiju. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

It's ****ing insulting that they release a 2nd gipsy with the plasma cannon. Making us buy TWO $100 to simply get the bare bones accessories, of which there are only two main accessories for the character, is ridiculous.

It's one thing to do that with a $15 7" figure, but doing it for a $100 figure? Ridiculous. The guise as "battle damaged" is bogus as well. Their idea of battle damage is light scuffs and slightly darker paint. If they did a final scene gipsy, with one arm ripped off, one sword arm and a bunch of really intense battle damage, that would make SOME sense.

When I first saw the listing I thought they were selling the plasma cannon as a separate add-on for those of us who bought the 1st 18" gipsy. But this is egregious and insulting to Pacific Rim fans and it really chaps my ass.

Never knew that a BD variant of the 18" Gipsy was already made, though I've been expecting that. Not digging the look, though. I think the only reason I'd buy it is if stocks of the first release got all dried up and I missed out.

Totally happy with my Gipsy, especially after having it modified a little to get more screen-accurate.

Big time Pass for Me on BD Gypsy! Can't thrown down another $100 for basically the same Figure as before. If it had Major BD to it than yeah but nothing that's tempting for me.

Neca is really squeezing Gipsy's mold, I'm pretty sure that BD Gipsy won't have any kind of accesories, 100 dlls for a different arm and a darker paint is just stupid

ALSO! Randy said on Twitter there'll be more than 1 Gipsy 2.0 on the 7in Pacific Rim line, **** NECA! Give us more Kaijus instead the same ****ing Jaeger 6 times!

It's ****ing insulting that they release a 2nd gipsy with the plasma cannon. Making us buy TWO $100 to simply get the bare bones accessories, of which there are only two main accessories for the character, is ridiculous.

It's one thing to do that with a $15 7" figure, but doing it for a $100 figure? Ridiculous. The guise as "battle damaged" is bogus as well. Their idea of battle damage is light scuffs and slightly darker paint. If they did a final scene gipsy, with one arm ripped off, one sword arm and a bunch of really intense battle damage, that would make SOME sense.

When I first saw the listing I thought they were selling the plasma cannon as a separate add-on for those of us who bought the 1st 18" gipsy. But this is egregious and insulting to Pacific Rim fans and it really chaps my ass.

I loved the movie but I am glad I got out of the 18 inch game while i had the chance. Neca is getting greedier with their repaints, I wanted some toys of these line but whats the point. They will probably not make all the kaiju in 7 inch either so I skipped those also

All they needed to do was add the plasma cannon as an accessory, that would have been best. I dont like the darker paint scheme even though the light up cannon looks awesome.

Great display piece, but I'm not impressed by the over-all build of the figure at least based on what the reviewer has shown us. The paint rubs and the broken jaw and wiring are such a turn off, but what bugs me most is how NECA designed those leg pegs. Considering the weight of the figure, the pegs connecting the thighs to the pelvis aren't well-designed. It's nice that they included a base, but still.

Back