NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I disagree completely. Neca does a damn good job on the predators in terms of paint and detail, but the kaiju, while not awful, leave alot on the table I think. Bandai would kill it, and they wouldn't be any smaller. A small monsterarts like King Kong is about the same size as knifehead, and some, like destroyah are much larger than leatherback. And good articulation counts for a lot in displayability. I don't think the pacific rim kaiju will be done justice until bandai gets the license. Or maybe threezero.

Picked up the new Knifehead and Trespaser Kaiju figures today. These guys are BIG. I took a pic next to a 7" Marine for scale:

Where did you get them? What City/State? How much $?
Thanks!

I live in Riverside, CA, there is a local collectibles convention around here called "Frank and Sons". I picked them up for $20 a piece. They should start showing up at comic shops and other places very shortly

I'm not sure if I'd care for a monsterarts version. I mean for 3 or 4 times the money you're getting a smaller figure with more articulation, I don't think they could add that much more detail to the figure that Neca isn't getting. On top of that for a little bit more money you could just get the 18 inch versions. I'm cool with Neca doing these toys, but I'm more interested in the other company doing high end Pacific Rim stuff. I can't remember the company but I guess they are using diecast to make the figures.

Monsterarts

Well i say monsterarts because the articulation will be perfectly hiden and maybe not so small, i think tha a knifehead will be about as series 1 knifehead

Glad otachi is high up, but why the **** are people voting so much for jaeger's that were barely in the movie over what is essentially the main villain? Baffles me how otachi isn't leading by a landslide.

There aren’t many Jaegers on the list that don’t have 2.0 after the name which could explain some votes. Interesting to see peoples choices though, I thought Mutavore would be doing a little better. My votes were Onibaba, Otachi and Slattern.

There aren’t many Jaegers on the list that don’t have 2.0 after the name which could explain some votes. Interesting to see peoples choices though, I thought Mutavore would be doing a little better. My votes were Onibaba, Otachi and Slattern.

Those are my picks too. I'd like to see a new, non-damaged Knifehead too.

I wasn’t aware of the Hasbro Cloverfield Monster until the prices became crazy on the secondary market. Do want it just can’t justify it. I would love to see a super deluxe Slattern like they are doing for the Aliens Queen. :pray:

Oh I disagree completely. Neca does a damn good job on the predators in terms of paint and detail, but the kaiju, while not awful, leave alot on the table I think. Bandai would kill it, and they wouldn't be any smaller. A small monsterarts like King Kong is about the same size as knifehead, and some, like destroyah are much larger than leatherback. And good articulation counts for a lot in displayability. I don't think the pacific rim kaiju will be done justice until bandai gets the license. Or maybe threezero.

Yea, destoroyahis about the neck and head taller tha leatherback, and its also a lot heavier

Figures.com has a first look at the Gypsy Danger 2.0 control art.

wow another Gipsy Danger? Is this the forth release of the character? The knife head I get, but unless there is major upgrades to Gipsy I don't really get it, and talks of a battle damaged version of the 2.0 figure? lol just makes me laugh when there are other characters they could do.

NECA Pacific Rim 7" Figure Series 3 Ultra Deluxe Kaiju Set BD Knifehead & Trespasser

Oh man, these two beasts look AWESOME!

Two things immediately caught my eye:
1. They are HUGE. Although it's been advertised the new Kaiju will be big, still when holding them in hand, they look even bigger than I expected (and heavy).
2. The texture of the skin are great, full of details and look real. See the pics.

Definitely a big step up from previous two series. Now I'm even more eager to receive the Jaeger set. COME ON NECA! :impatient:

1779097_512345262211306_90156056_n.jpg

1888755_512345278877971_1658179743_n.jpg

1507191_512345268877972_1486001063_n.jpg

1514593_512345265544639_1264056672_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: NECA Pacific Rim 7" Figure Series 3 Ultra Deluxe Kaiju Set BD Knifehead & Trespas

you must be new here

which-one-doesnt-belong.jpg

(You've put this thread in the wrong section, a Pac Rim thread is already running. It's in the Robots section. you can move this)

Last edited:
Back