NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Pacific Rim 7" Figure Series 3 Ultra Deluxe Kaiju Set BD Knifehead & Trespas

Man I'm lookin forward to those behemoths! :D

It looks like it. It was in the Aliens and Robots section, which seemed appropriate since it's about giant robots fighting giant aliens.

I got the new Knifehead and Tresspasser figures from Amazon yesterday. They're very nice figures. The detail is incredible, the articulation works very well and the joints are tight. These are the best Neca produced figures I've ever purchased.

They do look like a HUGE improvement over the other kaiju in series 1 and 2. I may pick them up if I see them at tru or find a good deal. These seem like they will display nicely with my monsterarts stuff. Passing on the jaegers for sure though.

They are leaps and bounds better than the original Knifehead and even Leatherback. I was hoping the Jaegers would see similar improvement, but I'm a little worried after watching that video above with the finger articulation and loose joints. The loose joints really killed series 1 and 2 Jaegers for me.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but was this thread moved from another section? Just confused. Or maybe I lack sleep.

yes, someone started a thread in the general section, I mentioned there was one already going in the robots section and someone merged the robots section into the general section thread, not sure why. seems to make more sense to keep it in the robots section but oh well. New figures look awesome.

It looks like it. It was in the Aliens and Robots section, which seemed appropriate since it's about giant robots fighting giant aliens.

I got the new Knifehead and Tresspasser figures from Amazon yesterday. They're very nice figures. The detail is incredible, the articulation works very well and the joints are tight. These are the best Neca produced figures I've ever purchased.

yes, someone started a thread in the general section, I mentioned there was one already going in the robots section and someone merged the robots section into the general section thread, not sure why. seems to make more sense to keep it in the robots section but oh well. New figures look awesome.

Exactly. I wish it could be moved back to its proper section.

Boba, those pictures show how awesome these figures are. I've seen them in person and I can't help but be amazed by the scuplt. So far I only have 18" Gipsy. I'm afraid to start getting the smaller ones as I might end up treating them like Pokemons. Gotta catch em all!

I was looking over the Kaiju they haven’t released yet when I saw a pic of this guy. It says it was labelled as “Axehead” concept. Neca have their concept Kaiju coming out which they say is different than the current Trespasser I wonder if this is what they are releasing alongside Scunner.

bladehead_concept_kaiju.jpg

Exactly. I wish it could be moved back to its proper section.

Boba, those pictures show how awesome these figures are. I've seen them in person and I can't help but be amazed by the scuplt. So far I only have 18" Gipsy. I'm afraid to start getting the smaller ones as I might end up treating them like Pokemons. Gotta catch em all!

That's exactly what happened to me. Heh. I started off with 18" Gipsy, saying to myself, "this will be all the Pacific Rim I need in my collection". Pfft! Next thing I know I'm buying the Gipsy/Leatherback 2 pack, then started wheelin and dealin for the hard to find and expensive Striker and Crimson. I also preordered Series 3 Kaiju and Jaegers as soon as they went up. Haha.

e5ugyqeg.jpg
for a guy that already owns a double pack knifehead, i still couldnt resist getting this one. It's freaking humungous!!! I was standing in front of the store with cherno in one hand and knifehead in the other, struggling which one i should get haha

One thing i notice that is the "invader" and knifehead both have the same exact hands, leg sculpts. lazy neca...

edit
I've unboxed it, the sculpt is incredible, the scales and skin looks so much better next to the double pack KH. When placed next to Gypsy, it looks a bit bigger than on screen.
The articulation is again terrible, the joints almost serve no purpose, you get a 15 degrees articulation on the forearm, I mean why do you even bother making it when it's there's so little use.
The head also doesn't tilt, so if you want to pose like it's swimming you'll need a lot of mod to do it.
The mouth is very loose on mine and can not stay closed... have to super glue to joints to tighten them up.

Overall it's not that great as an action figure, since you can barely pose him, but it's quite nice as a collectable since the sculpt is superb.

My 18"Gypsey Danger arrived Friday.Very impressive overall, though I wish it was a bit more articulated.Also wish the "eye-plate" were lit, but I s'pose you can't have everything.One weird point;some of the "bulk" parts have fallen off(left toe and right shoulder).Not a serious problem, but a little weird...PS

My 18"Gypsey Danger arrived Friday.Very impressive overall, though I wish it was a bit more articulated.Also wish the "eye-plate" were lit, but I s'pose you can't have everything.One weird point;some of the "bulk" parts have fallen off(left toe and right shoulder).Not a serious problem, but a little weird...PS

My Gipsy had a shouler pad fall off, it was easy enough to glue back on.

I'm not re-attaching anything yet,as I am considering working on Gipsey a bit to increase the articulation.I almost think she could be animated...P

Back