NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, just noticed that BBTS has a release date of November for the 18" Danger.

I'm pretty pissed about it, I will be ranting on their Twitter today! Dammit I want my Gipsy! :mad:

Thats probably why they haven't showed any boxart whats so ever, this only means that I'm not getting 18" Knifehead for Christmas. :impatient:

I think part of the problem is a 200 foot tall robot does not transition well when made with very soft McFarlane style action figure plastic.
soft plastic is OK for human figures aliens predators and anything with organic lines. But for something metallic with hard angles and sharp lines you need to use harder plastics like the ones used in Japanese model companies like Bandai‘s Gundam kits and Robot toys.
I agree these robots do have a very childish quality look to them.
I'm hoping the larger 18 inch figure will help capture the look and feel better.
I wouldn't mind a 12" Gipsy Danger Model Kit made by Takara.

Look at the 12" Optimus Prime they did. End results were stunning with the level of detail they managed to put into it.

I wouldn't mind a 12" Gipsy Danger Model Kit made by Takara.

Look at the 12" Optimus Prime they did. End results were stunning with the level of detail they managed to put into it.

Imagine a bandai chogokin diecast gypsy with leds, detachable head and firing fists of fury.....oh oh yes:hi5:

Any online store still has the 18" Gypsy Danger for Pre Order...really upset I lost track of this :slap:gah:

Honestly, I think we'll get the 18" just in time for Christmas (NECA will push engines to avoid loosing sales) but it is strange that we haven't seen any photos other than protos at SDCC, and then silence...

^ they have official pictures put up on their website long time ago. Another thing is, he already reached the QC test which was happen to be at the last Batman Keaton picture. Therefore, he should be out this month. Unless they have a strange reason to not put him out yet.

i keep fighting the urge to check my local rus, i called already once. a wee bit to early yet i think...

excited to read that first post that series 2 have been found instock at a rus, will be calling to check constantly after that! cmon boats from china..cmon...!

So I talked to Randy over Twitter about the rest of the line. I asked about 18" Gipsy, and he said definitely out this month, lookin like last week of October.

He also mentioned that series 3 of the 7" line is the best one. Didn't mention any names but I'm pretty sure Cherno and Coyote is included not sure which Kaiju will join the team. More than likely it'll be Axehead, very similar body from Knifehead.

He also said on twitter that an otachi figure would be to big and expensive to produce, so i don't have high hopes for the series 3 kaiju unless neca surprises us and it's raiju or onibaba.

I could see onibaba happening. Would prefer that to axe head as onibaba played more of a role in the story. Axe head was just "that Kaiju Stryker killed".

A week to blu ray release and neca still has no listing on thier calendar for 18" gipsy....strange

That's good to know! I've been waiting for the 18 inch figure to come out.

So I talked to Randy over Twitter about the rest of the line. I asked about 18" Gipsy, and he said definitely out this month, lookin like last week of October.

He also mentioned that series 3 of the 7" line is the best one. Didn't mention any names but I'm pretty sure Cherno and Coyote is included not sure which Kaiju will join the team. More than likely it'll be Axehead, very similar body from Knifehead.

Back