NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you get them from the ebay store?

Also hows the articulation on leatherback, especailly the arms?

No I picked him up from Amok Time. They only had two out that I could see and this one had the better paint job. The other one had wacky eyes.

The articulation is pretty crappy to be honest. The pose I have him in is basically the only pose you can get comfortable and natural looking. The shoulders only move up and down so you can't get any outward arm poses like a gorilla. The figure is very top heavy so you can't get him on his legs without a very heavy stand. Head just turns left and right and he always looks like he's looking up so it looks awkward if you want him fighting the robots as they are smaller.

I didn't like Knifehead in the initial release so I passed on him. I would have passed on Leatherback too but I still think he looks cool overall on the shelf.

Very pleased with the Jaegers although their articulation could be better too.

In case you're not already aware, don't bother filling out the form on their website. It's a waste of time.
Instead, email either twitter@necaonline or adams@necaonline

Yeah that was my plan. I hope they have extra spare hands. I hate how I have two left ones :/ Sometimes I really hate NECA.

Finally someone cancelled series 2 set from BBTS, I was able to snag it. I'm sure they will go back instock when their shipment arrives, but don't want to chance it incase the prices go up.

Besides the 3D bluray steel case, is anyone making a exclusive pack with a bust or something?

I've got my series 2 PR figures coming in within the week, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm a little bit into modding up my S1 Gipsy Danger. Does anyone here know if there's a way to make the S1's wrists compatible with the S2's chainswords? I'm kind of worried that there might not be enough space to drill a slot in.

I hope BBTS takes another week or two before they get this. Could use a break on the wallet, but also can't give up the preorder with it all sold out!

I just had a preorder from my NECA distributor for a Battle damaged Gypsy Danger vs Leatherback double pack that NECA are rushing out.

I wonder how many figures will NECA make in total. (Counting all the repaints they will eventually make...)

I could see two more waves maybe, could fit in all the Jeagers and most of the Kaiju. I'd like to see Scunner and Slattern, hopefully with the latter being proportionate in size with those huge multiple tails. Don't know how many more repaints they could do, maybe BD Striker Eureka?

it would be cool if they made human toys too, Has Neca ever said anything?

The fact no one has announced an Otachi figure is insane. It's the star kaiju of the movie.

Last edited:
The fact no one has announced an Otachi figure is insane. It's the star kaiju of the movie.

Doesn’t look good for Otachi. At least not in the current line of figures, would be interesting to hear their thoughts on a Deluxe fig or 18”

From Neca Twitter

@NECA_TOYS can I expect that flying kaiju? That was my favourite

@REPLY not likely. Way too big & expensive to fit within scale of current line

Doesn’t look good for Otachi. At least not in the current line of figures, would be interesting to hear their thoughts on a Deluxe fig or 18”

From Neca Twitter

As long as they don't say that about the Hulk.

From Neca Twitter

While that's ridiculous, I also don't think NECA could really pull it off. Would have to be Bandai via MonsterArts.

However the line about scale not fitting is bogus. They can't do a tail or wings? They don't have to do both cause it only has wings when it's tail is snapped off.

neca was saying the same thing about the Queen while she was in development. We might still see that kaiju.

Need one more 18 inch robot...
My vote ... Alpha Cherno hands down....that would be epic!

Back